|Item Weight||30 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10.38 x 13.31 x 22.31 inches|
|Item model number||455MS|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||455MS|
Fellowes Powershred 455Ms 9-Sheet Micro-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder with Auto Reverse (4689401)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Shreds 9 sheets of paper per pass into 2011 (1/8” x 13/32” Security Level P-5) micro-cut particles; shreds staples, credit cards, CDs/DVDs
- Runs for up to 10 minutes before a cool down period is needed
- Auto Reverse stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs
- SafeSense Technology stops shredder when hands touch the paper opening
- 5-gallon pull-out bin with LED bin-full indicator
- This item’s packaging will indicate what is inside and cannot be hidden.
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Fellowes Powershred 455Ms Micro-Cut Shredder
Shreds 9 sheets per pass into 1/8 x 13/32 inch micro-cut particles (Security Level P-5).
Ultimate protection with particles 5 times smaller than standard cross-cut.
Auto Reverse stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs.
SafeSense Technology stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening.
The 455Ms also features a safety interlock switch that automatically disables the shredder once the head is removed from the bin.
SilentShred offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces.
Holds over 80% more paper per gallon than standard cross-cut shredders.
At a Glance:
- Perfect small office shredder
- Child safe/pet safe shredder featureing SafeSense Technology
- Shreds CDs/DVDs, plastic credit cards, and staples
- Backed by a 1 Year product warranty and 5 Year Cutter warranty
Ultimate Shredder Safety
SafeSense Technology stops the shredder when hands touch the paper opening.
Continuous 10 Minute Run Time
Every shredder runs for a specific period of time before it needs to cool down. The longer you need to shred, the more run-time you will need.
Superior security for highly confidential documents. Cuts sheets into 1/8 x 13/32 inch particles.
|455Ms 9 Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder||99Ms 14 Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder||225Mi 14 Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder|
|Shred Width||1/8" x 13/32"||5/64" x 9/16"||5/64" x 15/32"|
|Shreds||CDs/DVDs, plastic credit cards, staples||plastic credit cards, staples||CDs/DVDs, plastic credit cards, staples, paper clips and junk mail|
|Continuous Run Time||10||15||Continuous|
|Cool Down Time||20||25||N/A|
|Bin Type||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin|
|Features||SilentShred, Auto Reverse, SafeSense||SafeSense, Auto Reverse, SilentShred, Sleep Mode||100% Jam Proof, SilentShred, Energy Savings System, SafeSense,|
The Fellowes Powershred 455Ms Micro-Cut Shredder can shred up to 9 sheets of paper per pass into 2011 (1/8” x 13/32” Security Level P-5) micro-cut particles providing ultimate protection of confidential documents.This machine also safely CDs/DVDs, credit cards, and staples. Achieve hassle-free shredding with all of the features the 455Ms has to offer including an auto-reverse system which stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs.To protect more than your identity, the patented SafeSense Technology is designed with an electronic safety sensor that surrounds the paper entry and automatically disables the shredder when hands touch the paper opening. Also, the 455Ms’s SilentShred Technology allows this machine to integrate easily to any environment.With the ability to shred for up to 10 minutes before a cool down period is needed, the 455Ms shredder is ideal for personal deskside use and includes a 5-gallon pull-out bin. Backed by a worry-free 1-year product and service warranty plus a 5-year cutter warranty. 22.8" H x 13.8" W x 10.4" D
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By val on July 2, 2016
I do try to limit it to about 5 pages at a time, and I usually oil the blades after every other emptying of the bin. I just drizzle the oil across the paper slot and then hit the manual Forward button for about 3-4 seconds, then hit the Reverse button for about 3-4 seconds.
I have only tripped the overheating protection three times, if I remember correctly. If I am shredding a large quantity of papers, I try to spread it out a little bit. I will shred for several minutes, then open some junk mail or do something else for a few minutes to let it cool down.
I also try to keep the bin from filling all the way to the top, where the shards can be sucked back into the blades. That would just lead to additional unnecessary wear on the blades. When it start to get full, I open the bin and push it all back down, compacting it. This lets me get a lot more into each bag. I can usually do this compacting 2-3 times before I truly need to empty it.
1) Not all micro-cuts are cut equally. Many so-called micro-cuts are in fact close to a half inch long and an eighth inch wide. That can be around 6 pieces for a credit card, bank or SS number length wise. Even width wise its not too difficult to put together a number, particularly if its on plastic, colored paper or the same number is repeated on many pages, like a pay stub. A credit card would be around 100 pieces - and the plastic is easy to see in a bin.
The Fellowes is a cut above that. The 5/64"x 5/16" micro-cut "Security Level P-5" is going to give even the NSA a headache. Its pretty close to a fireplace in terms of security and without all the toxic fumes. Some early reviewers claimed that credit cards needed to be put in the CD shredder which gives a very coarse cut. Apparently that has been changed because mine clearly directs one to put credit cards in the paper slot and grinds them up to tiny particles.
2) Quiet. Nothing that grinds up paper to fine particles is going to be truly "quiet". But the sound emitted by this Fellowes is mainly a lower frequency rumble, not at all loud, which I don't find objectionable. I could shred a long time in a 10'x12' room and not be bothered by the sound, nor are others in the room.
The shredder I returned claimed to be "ultra quiet" but it seemed louder and the pitch was definitely more annoying - more of a metallic grinding. There's more to sound than just decibels. It only took a couple sheets to decide it wasn't for me.
I think this Fellowes is only average in terms of speed, on-time, or number of sheets it can handle. I baby it anyway - just a few sheets at a time. Since the sound is a non-issue, taking a bit longer to shred is OK. I wish the feed opening was a bit wider (to take a standard envelope) and had something to guide the paper in to make paper feeding easier but its not a big deal. Most shredders in this price range have an opening that is barely wider than 8.5".
In short, don't mind the features that are average. The true micro-cut security and low noise definitely make this shredder worth the extra money to me.
- VERY quiet, like surprisingly so.
- Cut is fine enough to use for composting.
- The removable bin is very handy. When attached, it doesn't let any stray bits go flying off.
- Not even a threat of jamming if you follow the directions to only do six sheets at a time.
- Removable bin to catch credit card/CDs you've shredded to keep them out of the paper waste.
- Clearing jams is very difficult as this doesn't disassemble easily. While it doesn't jam when you follow the directions, our kid discovered it and went wild one day. (Lesson learned.)
- It can sometimes be hard to tell when you've hit bin capacity. The window on the front isn't the best way to measure since it tends to be higher towards that side. This can lead to a mess when you pull it out.