Fellowes Powershred 60Cs 10-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder with SafeSense Technology (4606001) (Pack of 2)
|Price:||$316.98 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Shreds 10 sheets of paper per pass into 302 (5/32 x 2” Security Level P-3) cross-cut particles; shreds staples, credit cards, paper clips
- Runs for up to 6 minutes before a cool down period is needed
- SafeSense Technology stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening
- Provides reliable, medium duty shredding and is ideal for deskside use.
- 6-gallon lift-off head
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Fellowes PowerShred 60Cs Cross-Cut Shredder can shred up to 10 sheets of paper per pass into 302 (5/32” x 2” Security Level P-4) cross-cut particles. This machine also safely shreds CDs/DVDs, credit cards, staples, paper clips and junk mail. To protect more than your identity, the patented SafeSense Technology is designed with an electronic safety sensor that surrounds the paper entry and automatically disables the shredder when hands touch the paper opening. With the ability to shred for up to 6 minutes before a cool down period is needed, the 60Cs is ideal for personal deskside use and includes a 6-gallon lift-off head. Backed by a worry-free 1-year product and service warranty plus a 5-year cutter warranty. 16.06" H x 9.19" W x 14.63" D
Showing 1-8 of 395 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Groans and slows down if I feed it more than about 4 standard sheets.
The top is heavy and cumbersome to lift when getting access to paper bin, which is small. I recommend lining it with a plastic kitchen-size trash bag to capture and contain shreds.
When the shreds pile up high enough, the head draws them back up and tends to jam. It can be difficult to clear. Most recently the jam caused the heads to seize. Had a devil of a time clearing the feed slot, but eventually got it running again.
Many issues with this shredder:
- Jams with just 4 sheets of regular paper even though it's supposed to take 10.
- Shreds are huge - close to 3" (even though advertised as 2" which itself is quite large) - full names and account #s appear on shreds which defeats the whole purpose. Had to take a pair of scissors to all of the documents I shredded with this and re-shred them manually!
- I tend to remove all staples before shredding to help preserve the life of my machines, however one slipped through on my first round of shredding and the machine could not handle it. It completely jammed and I had to reverse the papers (fortunately they came out!).
- Only operates for about 5 minutes before it shuts down to cool off.
- Louder than other models of similar capacity/capabilities that I have used.
This shredder is quiet, which is nice. It's supposed to be able to shred 10 sheets of paper at once. Yes, it does, but it definitely struggles with 10 sheets of paper. I'd say 8 sheets are better, so I was a little disappointed.
As for the "SafeSense Technology", it's a gimmick, I think it's BS. Yes it works, but no one's fingers are even close to getting in the shredder. Plus, it's annoying when feeding small pieces of paper because if you touch it, the shredder stops.
Over all, it does work. Would I purchase another one? No, I'll try something different next time.
06/09 2017---The motor is slowing down just barely shredding one sheet of paper. Just now locked up solid with red light but does not reverse on one sheet of paper. I attribute this to a substandard motor which is overrated.