Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fellowes Powershred DS-1, 11-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder with SafeSense Technology (3011001)
|Price:||$149.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Shreds 11 sheets of paper per pass into 431 (5/32 x 1-3/8" Security Level P-4) cross-cut particles; shreds staples, credit cards, paper clips, junk mail
- Runs for up to 4-5 minutes before a cool down period is needed
- SafeSense Technology stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening
- Safety interlock switch disables shredder when wastebasket is removed
- 4.75-gallon step-can style wastebasket - step down and lift to remove
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Fellowes Powershred DS-1, 11-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder with SafeSense Technology (3011001)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Weight||23.25 pounds||25.8 pounds||31.75 pounds||0.75 pounds|
|Dimensions||14 inches x 26.25 inches x 17.5 inches||24.29 inches x 17.01 inches x 13.39 inches||11.63 inches x 20.25 inches x 16.25 inches||8 inches x 1.5 inches x 3.5 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Protect your personal information with the Powershred DS-1 Cross-Cut Shredder from Fellowes. Part of the company's line of deskside shredders, this machine is ideal in a home or home office and for individual users who regularly handle sensitive information. It cross-cuts up to 11 sheets of paper in one pass into unreadable pieces (5/32 inches by 1-3/8 inches) and is tough enough to shred credit cards, staples, and paper clips. SafeSense technology automatically stops the shredder when hands touch the paper opening, while a 4.75-gallon, mesh step-can-style bin makes waste disposal simple.
Top Customer Reviews
Other than that, a couple of things to consider before buying this model:
+ Looks great. The styling is great. It does not have the "heavy" industrial look of so many shredders.
+ Shreds credit cards easily. With all the credit card offers I get, this is a handy feature.
- For light shredding only. If you have a need for volume shred runs, I would look for a more capable machine (as I am right now).
- The basket needs to be properly seated or the shredder won't work. It's not obvious when the basket is not properly seated, so give it a jiggle if your shredder light isn't on.
! Be sure to unload the basket before it gets full near the top, or you'll be cleaning up confetti shred on the floor.
Summary: I liked the shredder quite a bit, but am disappointed that it has gone dark on me. I'll report back if I can get it to run again, or with the info of which shredder replaced this one.
I contacted Fellowes and they are replacing my DS-1. They said it cannot run for more than 5 minutes without cooling down or the controller card will burn out due to overload.
I told them they need to do a better job of advising consumers that this 5 minute limit is critical. Their response is that this is covered in the manual.Read more ›
January 2010 update - Almost 4 years after we bought this, it still works, and we use it a lot. I sometimes do dumb things like try to shred too many sheets at once. This is the most forgiving shredder I've ever had, better even than the very expensive fancy one at work. Still looks brand new too.
I do have 2 small complaints. Small, meaning - they don't bother me and would not deter me from buying this product again.
1. It's still messy - but that may just be the nature of the beast. It's a LOT less messy than the shredders where you have to lift off the motor to empty the paper bin (I MUCH prefer this style). When you're shredding, the bin holds everything nicely, but when you're emptying out the bin, expect to have to vacuum a little afterwards.
2. There was a little rubber pad that was glued onto the base - I'm assuming it was a nonskid rubber pad for the bin to rest on - well that promptly came unglued and I just tossed it. Still, it would have been nice if it was more securely fastened.
What I like about it:
1. It's a good price.Read more ›
My criteria were:
1. A shredder with a slide-out wastebasket.
I don't like having to pull off the (usually heavy) top portion of a shredder in order to empty it. I prefer the slide-out basket style of the DS-1. Due to the large basket and smaller shred cuts, the DS-1 step can has tons of capacity before you have empty it. I find that it is easier to use and empty without lining with a plastic bag, but it's up to you.
2. Ability to shred mail (i.e. tons credit card offers!) immediately without having to open it.
The DS-1 performs effortlessly, even at a continuous pace. It never seems to strain and is pleasantly quiet. Not silent of course, but much less noisy than previous shredders I've had. It also handles credit cards, small paper clips, and staples with ease. I also purchased some shredding lubricant oil for the cutters and use it as directed.
I'm extremely happy with this shredder and use it daily to shred items any personal information on it as well as all of the junk mail I receive daily. It handles the shredding effortlessly and I don't have to empty it out every time I use it. Plus, the unit looks really nice in the room! Not one of my initial criteria but it certainly helps!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect replacement for my old one! I love how well it works and how much it holds before I need to empty it & how easy it is empty it.Published 1 month ago by Ann K. Bliss
I love this shredder. I had a previous model of this for years, and I broke it by putting a CD through it. My mistake, and a foolish one at that. Read morePublished 3 months ago by NoChip
I had purchased this same shredder a few years ago on Amazon, and it has served me well. My wife had a smaller shredder that just died and we replaced that with this one due to... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Michael Rothberg
I bought this shredder about three years ago. It is working just fine. We use it on a regular basis but not constantly. Use if for credit cards as well. Handles them fine. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Terry W. Hawn
Very happy with this unit. Note that it's not an "industrial" model so don't drop 20 sheets of paper into it at once. Read morePublished 7 months ago by B. Levine
Only lasted 3 years in our small office. We empty the bin maybe once a week.
That special 5yr warranty sticker only covers the stuff that probably wont ever break. Read more
After many years of office use, my original one experienced a failure.
I liked it so well, I bought another.