- Get a 30 day FREE trial for Fender Play digital guitar lessons when you buy any acoustic or electric guitar or amp sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Thinline, Map..." and save 34% off the $899.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Thinline, Maple Fretboard - Natural
- Two Fender "Wide Range" humbucking pickups combined with a semi-hollow Ash body recall some of the biggest guitar tones of the '70's.
- This model's hard-tail bridge, bullet truss-rod nut, "F" tuners, and 3-Bolt neck-plate (with Micro-Tilt) recall the hallmark aesthetics of the decade.
- Deluxe gig bag included.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
1972 was a big year for the Telecaster guitar - it was available in new designs, with more options than ever before. The Classic Series '72 Telecaster Thinline has the dual-humbucking pickup configuration introduced in that year, with other features include a semi-hollow ash body with f hole, C-shaped maple neck with bullet truss rod nut, three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt adjustment, maple freeboard and vintage-style string-through-body hard-tail bridge and vintage-style tuners.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Excellent workmanship. Hard to believe it is made in Mexico. Not that that is inherently bad, but aren't the American ones supposed to be better?
2. The neck is elegantly playable.
3. The sound is everything I could want.
4. Versatility is the main thing. If you want a Santana sustain and warmth. It's got it. If you want a sweet jazz hollowbody sound, it's got it too.
At this point I would take this guitar to the desert island over my PRS and all of the other expensive axes I own.