Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 21, 2010
Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Having played in my teen years, I was ready to pick Guitar up again at 35. I didn't want to spend a ton of money but I didn't want a toy either. I owned a Fender Squire Stratocaster in my younger years so I trusted the Fender name. At 100 bucks and free shipping, this seemed like the perfect medium. The guitar arrived ~3 business days after I ordered via Fedex. The size is absolutely perfect; I was expecting a much larger instrument being that it was classical, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually not massive at all. It was "just right". The finish is beautiful and the fret board is well crafted and smooth; however it does have that rosewood texture making it feel like a much more expensive instrument. The bag it comes with is also very well made. The strings are indeed nylon and the action is very manageable. You don't have to have a kung fu grip to play cords or notes. This is very clearly a well made, moderately priced instrument.
After tuning it up it sounds great and I am ready to start working through my training book.
Definitely recommend for entry level player that is serious but wants to start slowly and economically.
on May 12, 2011
I purchased this guitar as a second classical, wanted it in my office to pick up and plink now and then. The guitar has a great sound and great action, very nice when you consider the price your paying for the guitar and gig bag. One item of note is that unlike my yamaha classical guitar the neck is almost the exact same width as a regular steel string acoustic which I suppose if that is your normal instrument it could be an advantage, if you prefer the additional width than you may want to check on the yamaha classical which is a little more but very nice quality, I have had mine for 40 years. One of the issues expressed in some other post was the inability of the instrument to stay tuned, with nylon string instruments it is important (actually any stringed instrument) to check the tuning every time you play, when a classical guitar starts to hold tune for extended period of time you need to start considering changing the strings to keep a good tone. They stretch all the time, just the way it is, not a fault of the instrument, get a snark tuner from Amazon and leave it clipped to your headstock, you will tune up in seconds, sound better and train your ear. Nice guitar, looks good and I will enjoy it.
on November 21, 2012
I purchased this guitar in order to play while on a deployment. I had to wait forever for it to get to me partially because of shipping delays due to Super Storm Sandy so I will not fault anyone because of that. However when I received the guitar I was disappointed to see that the neck was not the typical size of classical guitars. I would like for the advertisement to properly reflect the fact that the neck is skinner than most classical guitars.
on December 3, 2010
As a beginner, I had to think long and hard on what type of guitar would match my personal style and taste. I found that nylon strings were better suited to the sound I like, and as such, I went for the classical style of the guitar. From great things I had heard all my life from seasoned guitar players and the media, I knew that Fender was a brand that I simply could not go wrong with. This guitar is beautiful in visual and audio aspects. It's very aesthetically pleasing, even for a person who doesn't know much about guitars. If this is the type of style that you're digging, as either a beginner or a veteran guitar player, I think this would be a wonderful choice for you.

Sincerely,
One Satisfied Customer
on November 9, 2016
This guitar is even more than I was expecting from such a low price. The satin finish and the overall apperance are quite surprising. The sound is very pleasant since the guitar has an appropriate resonance. This is, out of discussion, not a professional guitar and I won't ever take it into the studio or the stage; it is aimed for those who want to feel comfortable when practicing at home. Nevertheless, not everything is perfect: one of the tuning machines came with it a flaw, so I had to replace it. Otherwise I would hace rates with five stars.
on February 26, 2011
Having played a Taylor previously and various other higher end guitars, I was just looking for something to play around with that the kids could learn on without killing the bank.
This has turned out to be just the thing. The guitar looks good and sounds good. Keeping in mind that you're buying a $100 guitar, I think that the quality for the price is great.

It includes a gig bag which is probably the weakest part of the whole deal, but it will keep it covered, and it's included free. Sound is pretty good and the tuners are OK. It doesn't stay in tune long, but again, it's a $100 guitar.

For the price, you can't go wrong.
on June 18, 2014
The guitar had a known defect (as they indicated). Other than that it was in great shape. Definitely worth the steep discount over an unblemished guitar. The guitar was shipped in appropriate packaging, arrived on schedule and with no further damage. My only negative comment is that the posting on Amazon could have been clearer. The posting referenced a photo of the defect, which did not exist in the posting.
on December 9, 2014
beautiful as I expected
review image
on July 16, 2012
This guitar is good for a beginner,but the neck is narrow like an acoustic.I personally like the wide neck that is associated with a classical guitar.The sound is not as rich as my yamaha,or my takamine so If you are an experienced player,get a more expensive guitar.
on September 3, 2011
There was a very small scratch on the back. Other than that, this is a very well made guitar, but the sound is not really good. I have tried some other low price guitars, like Yamaha C40. I think somehow the sound of C40 is a lot better than this one but also a little bit more expensive.