Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
We had a very hard time finding Fenugreek for use in Indian cooking and a search on Amazon turned up these supplements. While not practical for our cooking needs, the claims in the product description about blood sugar control were intriguing so it seemed it would be worth a chance since I am a Type 2 diabetic.

While I can't say for certain that the Fenugreek has made a significant difference since I also take a prescription medicine, it does seem to help regulate levels through the day and it certainly hasn't hurt anything.

Like with all supplements, it is best to check your doctor if you are taking any other medications.

Recommended!

CFH
on June 16, 2016
Worked very well as a galactogogue! So well, in fact, that I had to stop taking Fenugreek because my body is too receptive and leads to oversupply.

Yes, with usage of fenugreek you will smell like maple syrup. It's nice if you avoid typical antiperspirant/deodorant though, because then your sweat smells just fine.

I can only vouch for Swanson brand Fenugreek, but it did exactly what I bought it for - helped boost my milk production as a first time breastfeeding mom.
on August 29, 2009
As a mom of a preemie baby that had to be fed every 3 hours my milk supply was dwindling from exhaustion. So I asked my doctor what I could do to keep from losing my supply. Because my daughter had to have a supplement added to the breast milk, I had to pump and put it in a bottle. So she told me to get some fenugreek, which is what she had used when she had nursed her daughter. Before I got this I was pumping between 1-3 ounces at a time. After I started taking it I now pump between 4 to 8 ounces. And I got it at such a great price. I highly recommend this to nursing mothers. It has saved my milk supply, which means with a newborn that's one less thing to worry about.
on August 1, 2009
I have been using Swanson's Fenugreek Seed capsules for the past 4 months with great results. I noticed a marked increase in milk production within the first 24 hours and have been amply able to supply enough milk to meet my growing 5-month old's needs. I take 2 capsules 4 times throughout the day, have experienced no side effects, and am now passing along the information on this "wonder herb" to mothers everywhere! What had before been a frustrating experience for both my daughter and myself has now become the relaxing and enjoyable time it should be. A heart-felt "thank-you" to the Swanson folks for providing a quality product at a fantastic price!
on January 9, 2010
I take Fenugreek to keep up my milk supply while nursing. I have to take it pretty religiously or my milk supply goes down immediately which means I have to keep this stuff stocked. I was a little skeptical about the price being so low for this brand but had to try it out. Same ingredients, same quantity, same dosage as the other brand I'd started out with but at about 1/3 the cost. Same results! I'll definitely be purchasing my Fenugreek from Swanson from now on.
on May 19, 2011
I bought these pills because I read online that they increase milk supply... but I bought it for a different reason. But its been a positive experience. These pills helped build up my immune system, because i noticed that I didn't get sick for one year plus. In addition, it does make your sweat smell like maple syrup but its not that terrible.
on March 19, 2010
I used up all these fenugreek caps, but from day 1 of taking them I was crampy and I honestly could not believe the uncontrolable gas I had. I also noticed they didn't work as well as tea worked for me, so I started empyting the fenugreek into my tea. IT gets all clumpy but when I omitted the capsule I didn't have the gas.
on October 16, 2011
i used the fenugreek, and it didnt really work for me. i would recommend it to anyone breast feeding that needs to increase their supply. it doenst hurt to try. some people say that they smell like maple syrup, and i did a little, but not too much, and i like the smell of maple syrup.
on December 10, 2009
I maybe have noticed a slight increase in milk production but I do not pump so I can't say forsure but it eases my mind to think I am doing something that potentially IS increasing my milk supply' no harm done in taking it and my baby needs to put on a bit more weight according to Dr so it's worth a try.
on March 4, 2010
I have been taking Fenugreek now for almost 2 weeks to try and build up my milk supply. I can't really say that I've seen any results. I've been trying to consistently breastfeed every time my newborn baby is hungry (every 2-4 hours), but he still is only getting a very little amount (not enough to avoid making a formula bottle). I was pretty dry, and it is sloooowly coming back, but I think it may be more the fact that I'm letting my baby sleep beside me and nurse. Anyway, I may have to review again, but for now, this was not an immediate helper, like some reviews led me to believe. Otherwise, I prefer smelling like maple syrup to my own stinky sweat anytime! lol... BTW I suggest women with the same issues as me check out this: [...]l#increase - It helped me a bit.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.