Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

88%
12%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on December 13, 2009
It's a very nice book and the story is well written and fun to read. I like it a lot and the message of peace and not wanting to do every silly thing just because the others are doing it appeals to me. The drawings are nice but unfortunately only black-and-white, so my son doesn't find this book very interesting. I hope he'll like it more when he's a bit older. He much prefers Puer Zingiberi Panis: et Fabulae Alterae (Latin Edition) which is full of colorful pictures.

See my 'Latin Reading List' and 'Best Latin Books for Kids and Teens'.
on January 15, 2011
I loved the English version as a kid, and now that I'm a Latin teacher, I love the Latin version too!
on August 17, 2015
A great story in any language - well worth reading in English and in Latin. Enjoy!
on January 3, 2016
A delightful, easy to read fable. A beginner in Latin would love it.
on December 21, 2016
Great condition! Well done! My son loves it!
on January 25, 2012
What I really like is the full glossary of the latin used that is found at the back of the book. Nicely done. I had bought it originally for the sensitive translation and the great original pictures and story.