Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Favola Hamster Cage | Includes Free Water Bottle, Exercise Wheel, Food Dish & Hamster Hide-Out | Large Hamster Cage Measures 23.6L x 14.4W x 11.8H-Inches & Includes 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Hamster Cage Includes 2 Spacious Floors; First floor is a deep 4.75 height inches to promote playful borrowing w/ a Hamster friendly plastic ramp (no pinched toes) for easy access to the plastic top level where their food dish, water & hide away preside
- Fully equipped & modular designed hamster cage | Favola includes a food dish, water bottle, hide away, 5.5 inch exercise wheel & a connecting port for play tubes to connect to other hamster cages
- Easy Maintenance Hamster Cage: Top panel features an access door & entire wire portion & middle plastic section of the cage disconnects from the transparent base for easy cleaning access
- Large Living Space: Hamster cage measures 23.6 length x 14.4 width x 11.8 height inches, deep base measures 23.6L x 14.4W x 4.75H (approx. 340 square inch base), wire top mesh is 1/4 inch wide, exercise wheel is 5.5 inch diameter
- Quality Guarantee | Favola hamster cage includes a 1 year manufacturer's warranty on all parts
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The split level design gives your hamster ample room for relaxing and activities. The top level can house the food/drink and the hideaway for relaxing, while the entire bottom floor can be dedicated to playing and exercise.
The Favola has a small door on the top, making quick cleanups or food refills simple. To clean the entire cage or change the litter, just pull the latch side clips to separate base and the top.
The extra-deep 4.75" base allows you to fill it with enough bedding to satisfy your hamster's instinctual need to burrow. It also keep the bedding from spreading up the the top level with the food and water.
The Favola comes fully equipped with everything your hamster needs to stay happy and active.
The large exercise wheel promotes activity and exercise.
Large exercise wheel
Exhausted from searching for a hamster cage that is large enough for your hamster? Then search no more! The two story Favola Hamster Cage by Ferplast is larger than most hamster cages on the market today and is a modular design so you can connect onto other habitats or play areas. This hamster cage is fully equipped with everything you need to get started including a hamster wheel, food dish, water bottle & hamster hide away. The large extra deep 4.75 inch base eliminates bedding from scattering around the cage and caters to your hamster's instinctual desire to burrow by providing approx. 340 sq. inches of space. The entire hamster cage measures 23.6L x 14.4W x 11.8H inches & the 5.5 inch exercise wheel is conveniently placed between the two floors (exercise wheel can easily be removed in order to upgrade to a larger wheel). The ladder & top floor are solid plastic and safe for hamsters. The top wire portion of the cage features a durable black coat which is rust resistant and the safe 1/4 inch horizontal bar space to keep the smallest hamster breeds inside the cage. The entire hamster cage comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty on all parts.
Usermanual [PDF ]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 23.6 x 14.4 x 11.8 inches; 6.28 Pounds
- Item model number : 57901470US1
- Date First Available : July 27, 2015
- Manufacturer : Ferplast spa
- ASIN : B0133LNVAS
- Customer Reviews:
Home for hamsters
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Small Animal Cage Habitat With Accessories
Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal Home, Dark Gray
Midwest Critterville Arcade Hamster Cage
Savic Hamster Heaven Metro Cage
Kaytee CritterTrail One Level Habitat Pink Edition
|Item Dimensions||23.60 x 14.40 x 11.80 inches||42.10 x 24.20 x 19.70 inches||32.50 x 19.00 x 17.50 inches||18.10 x 11.40 x 21.50 inches||31.50 x 20.00 x 20.00 inches||11.50 x 20.00 x 11.00 inches|
|Item Weight||6.28 lbs||15.56 lbs||14.00 lbs||6.10 lbs||12.17 lbs||3.73 lbs|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Easy to set up, the pieces go together well and the top snaps securely to the base.
- Easy to clean. The parts come apart easily and it doesn't take long to empty out the base and wipe down surfaces.
- Very roomy. Most of the cages readily available in the U.S. are far too small for a large hamster.
- No tubes! It's hard to find a cage that doesn't have at least 1 tube required in the setup. I'm not a fan of tubes because they are a pain to clean and dry and are difficult to get stubborn or scared hamsters out of them.
- For those who like tubes, there is a port on the left side of the cage where a (purchased separately) tube can be attached.
- The floors and ladder are hamster-friendly, nothing to get tiny paws or legs stuck in.
- It's nice that the cage comes with all the accessories. My hammy loves the little house and the water bottle is nice quality.
- Visibility is great, you can see where your critter is at all times.
- Great setup for all life stages, from baby to elderly. It's easy for them to navigate between the floors and there aren't many places where a critter can fall from 1 floor to another, like cages that have small elevated platforms with abrupt edges.
- Although it is large, it's still easily portable. When I need to leave my hammy with a friend while I travel, it's a snap to pop the cage into the car and go.
- There is just 1 small door on the cage and although the placement of it is good, it's not large enough to access much of the cage. If I want to reach my hammy or a food dish in a corner, I have to take the top part of the cage completely off. Unfastening the top of the cage is loud no matter how careful I am and it would frighten a young or nervous critter quite badly.
- It's difficult to access a critter that's on the bottom floor. If I need to retrieve my hammy from the bottom floor, I have to remove both the top part of the cage, and the entire top floor with the wheel attached. It takes longer than I would like, and the floor piece is awkward and unbalanced to set down anywhere with the wheel attached, it makes the water bottle drip. Added to all that, once the floor piece is removed, the critter below is very exposed, may become scared, and the wall is low enough to jump out of.
- There's no way to leave a critter inside while cleaning. The Omlet cage I kept her in had a way to close off 1 floor to leave my hammy in while I pulled out and cleaned the other floor. The Ferplast cage setup requires having somewhere else entirely to put a critter when cleaning the cage.
- The inside of the bottom piece of the cage is textured and I wish it were smooth. The way it is textured makes the whole bottom full of nooks and crannies that capture and retain urine rather than letting the substrate soak it up. It also makes it harder to clean and dry. The texture on the bottom doesn't add anything at all that's beneficial. A critter doesn't need it for traction while walking because that part is usually covered with substrate anyway.
- The wheel was far too small for an adult Syrian hamster, I had to replace it with a bigger one.
Overall, the Ferplast cage is head and shoulders above most of the cages that are readily available in the U.S. and is definitely immensely better than anything I've seen in person in retail stores. Something to note is that since the only hamster I've had in it so far is elderly, I can't speak to how secure or chew-proof the cage is. My older hammy is far beyond her escape artist days and is not much of a chewer anymore.
When I have a younger hamster in the cage, I'll update my review.
If you have or will be getting a young hamster, I'd highly recommend to include the Omlet Qute cage in your consideration. It is pricey but for me it's been worth it during the last 2 years while my older hammy was able to easily climb the tube and now I have another young hamster in there who loves it. It's the best cage I've ever had over my lifetime of enjoying hamsters. I think this Ferplast cage is the next best alternative if you don't have the space and/or budget for the Omlet. The Omlet is well worth saving up for though.
I'm a regular consumer- I'm not compensated for my reviews in any way, so I've spent my hard-earned cash on the products I review. I want to provide thorough information that hopefully helps others get the best value for their money. If this review was helpful for you in any way, please click the "Helpful" vote button to let me know. Comments and questions are great too. Enjoy your day :)
Top reviews from other countries
The cage is huge, lots of space to run around. I love the middle section, it's a hard plastic and so easy to clean.. each night when I take the top part off, which is also easy to remove, and then just take the plastic middle and dump out the excess food and wipe it down and put it back and voilà all clean again. The bottom part is a clear plastic but I find it fragile, you have to be careful when washing it because it can crack easily... :( that is my only complaint about the cage! Other than that, my hamster loves it, she's a Syrian hamster, only 2 months old, not full grown yet! The wheel that comes with the cage is small, meant more for a dwarf hamster or mouse, but no problem I replaced it with a comfort wheel I already had purchased, the water bottle is small as well and plastic, works great but I prefer glass so I replaced it with the glass one I already had and also food dish is huge so I put a smaller one!! Oh and another great feature, on one side there is an area where you can connect tubes, which I have ordered to make the cage more fun!! :)
I totally recommend this cage, great size, super easy to clean and not a bad price for what you get!!
WARNING: the water bottle is not toxic my robo chewed the plastic too.... sadly those ppls hamsters died from dehydration, my hamster was going nuts i noticed the ball had dried up and my littke robo could not get the drips started again. I now keep a dish of water which he prefers over the bottle 99% ... i hope this helps at least one person those aweful water bottles are not to be trusted but bot because of being toxic... that was the hamster desperatly trying to chew to get water :(
Initially, the cage arrived with a chip in one of the corners. However, I sent it back and quickly received a replacement.
I do wish the cage was a little bit larger, but I like the fact that it’s modular and gives you the option to connect to other cages.