Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 239 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 246 reviews
on July 5, 2012
Bluesman is correct Moldy OCG, some of us need the 60mg size.

I took Fexofenadine as a prescription, as an adult, 60mg twice a day. I have fairly serious allergies and that was the dose, likely to keep a consistant amount in me over time ("time release" like the 24-hour isn't quite what most people think). Also if you think about it, why take more if you don't have to? I'd rather take 2x 60mg than 1x 180mg (I'd take less if I could get away with it), despite it costing more. Due to a shortage of 60mg pills I had to take some 24-hour (180mg) for a couple of days and I can say it doesn't work as well.

Ever since it went OTC and off my drug plan, my costs skyrocketed. At Kaiser when it was still prescription it was 20¢ ea, Allegra (branded) are $1.06 ea. at Walgreens, and even Wal-fex are 79¢ ea. Again, twice a day. Ouch.

I started buying online when California moved the 60mg dose behind the pharmacy counter (no longer on-shelf, I can only assume because of meth cookers?). Going to a pharmacy at hours that are awkard to stand in line for long peroids of time just wasn't acceptable. And of course, I need alot and consistently. Without them, I'm a mess. Local stores just don't keep enough stock around for someone who wants to get 5+ boxes at a time of a dosaged not use as much by the general public.

Wal-fex has been getting more diffucult to get online. So just stopped by Amazon because Walgreens.com was out of the 60mg. Was about to buy the branded Allegra when I saw this which was cheaper (74¢ ea.) and even better, in bulk (no more waste from single-pill deterrent wrappers).

So yeah, be careful thinking "more is better" or "once a day is better than multiple times per day," it is not even close to being the truth.
99 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2017
I took 60 mg Allegra for years, and then the generic version. While I don't have allergies, I do have an intense itching caused by years of taking NSAIDS for arthritis, I also have asthma that can be triggered by antihistamines, so I have to be careful. Allegra (or generic) in the lower dosage has always controlled the itching and never bothered my asthma. I ordered this Perrigo generic version, and it is just as effective as any other generic Allegra that I have used in the past. I am grateful to have it.
on February 18, 2017
I wanted to share this with you. I have bad allergies. I have been taking allegra for years. Allegra was the only brand that would keep my allergies at bay. I decided to try this brand after reading the reviews. I have to say that they absolutely work as well if not better than the allegra. Thank You!! These save me a lot of money.
on May 31, 2017
The only antihistamine that doesn't make me drowsy/sedated (or as with the 24-hour Allegra, major anxiety). Takes a few days to build up in your system, but it stops hives, so that makes me happy.

Edit: 6 months later and I've tried other stronger antihistamines, and I keep coming back to Allegra 60mg. It's the only stuff I can tolerate because I'm so sensitive. I'm really glad this is available and it's so cheap too.
on July 26, 2017
Our Vet suggested that my Maltese dog take Allegra for his allergies since the Chlor-Trimeton that he was taking had quit working.

My dog is 11 lbs and his dose of Allegra is 15 mg. Splitting up a 180 mg pill would be next to impossible so I was so happy to have found 60 mg pills.

I bought an Apex pill splitter and I cut each pill into quarters and give my dog a 1/4 of a pill every 12 hours and he feels so much better. And now he sleeps through the night.

It made him tired the first few days but now he is getting acclimated to it and he is back to being a happy dog.
on May 18, 2017
Allegra, including generic, is the only allergy medicine that works for me with NO side effects. This generic version is very good. I'm especially allergic to cats, and visit a friend who has two cats about once a week. I take one of these about half an hour before confronting my major allergen, and emerge afterwards absent red eyes, runny nose and cough.
on March 2, 2017
It's always hard to find Allegra 12 hour around these parts, the 24 hour variety doesn't work for me at all for some reason. I was getting it through
prescription, but my pharmacist told me I should just buy it over the counter, better still is buying it online, cheaper and not so much running around.
on March 4, 2017
I used to have a prescription for the 60mg 12 hour dose before fexofenadine went OTC and I am so glad to have found a large-quantity source for it again. I had only been able to find it in very small packages and had switched to the 180mg/24-hour dose, which only lasts about 20 hours for me. I am glad to be using a 1/3 smaller dose that actually keeps my allergies at bay all day long. It is expensive, but I don't mind because it works better for me and is therefore worth it.
on May 16, 2017
These allergy tablets are equal to what the Dr. was prescribing. I haven't eliminated the feelings of congestion and nasal blockage but I can't go without them because I know I'd feel even worse. These work better for me than Benadryl which puts me to sleep!
on September 5, 2013
Used to take Claritin-D, which clears your head effectively yes, but becomes dysfunctional quickly due to the side effects of the pseudoephedrine (sleeplessness, anxiety, etcetera). Then I was prescribed Allegra 180mg tabs for awhile; and while these work well, over time the drowsiness and dehydration they cause can become detrimental. Enter the Fexofenadine 60mg (12hr) tabs. These work very well. They are a large enough dose to ward off the allergy symptoms if taken daily, but not so large a dose as to cause severe dehydration and drowsiness like the 24hr tabs do. Also, it is nice to only take 1/3 of the medication I was previously taking. Unfortunately, there is a bit of dehydration associated with these. You may have to drink a little more water than you're used to drinking, and you may wake up with dry throat every now and then. All in all, the effectiveness of Fexofenadine 60mg coupled with its very minor side effects makes it the best allergy medicine I've ever used.

For anyone who does not know: this product is the generic version of Allegra Adult 12 Hour Allergy Relief, 12-Count and you get 100 tabs for about $0.53 each versus only 12 tabs for about $0.83 each.