From the Author
They helped me to write my novel, and I want to show you how you can do the same in my book THE FICTION PRESCRIPTION: HOW TO WRITE AND IMPROVE YOUR FICTION LIKE THE GREAT LITERARY MASTERS.
In each chapter of THE FICTION PRESCRIPTION you will find:
* Fundamental craft elements of writing fiction (plot, pacing, characters, voice, dialog, style) explained by using examples from the great classical and contemporary writers.
* CHECK UPS --the targeted questions about the craft elements meant to help your writing and spark new ideas.
* The DIAGNOSIS -overcoming obstacles in your writing.
* The RX (PRESCRIPTIONS) are more exercises that will solve or alleviate those obstacles that are preventing you from writing.
* The WHAT IF Epilogue--the chapter to return to when your confidence needs a boost.
I also relate how I plotted my bestselling novel, THE SKY UNWASHED.
From the Inside Flap
Do you love fiction? I mean the really great works of fiction. The type of short stories and novels that entice, challenge, intrigue, surprise, delight, us and brings us into worlds we never would have visited. Great literary fiction-- those brilliant timeless and evergreen books written by literary masters ranging from Lev Tolstoy and Ernest Hemingway, to Virginia Woolf and Alice Munro and many others throughout the world whose stories capture and illuminate the human condition that we all share...
Would you like to join that tribe of notables?
...My mission is to help you become great literary writers and bring you to the level of the best storytelling through the craft and skills of literary fiction writing.