Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.94 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Fidel: Hollywood's Favorite Tyrant Hardcover – February 25, 2005
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Inside Flap
"Cubas own Elvis"thats what Dan Rather calls him. Funny name for a man who has threatened the United States with nuclear war, who has made common cause with Islamic terrorists against the United States, and whose people risk death to escape him. But theres a lot that Hollywood liberals and other Fidel Castro admirers would rather you didnt know about the dictator of Cubalike how he imprisoned more people as a percentage of population than Hitler or Stalin; how Fidels firing squads killed thousands of Cubans; how Fidels subjects would rather inject themselves with AIDS than live under his tyranny. Drawing on a wealth of researchincluding interviews with former Castro regime officials, anti-Castro freedom fighters, and Castros political prisonersacclaimed author Humberto Fontova reveals the ugly face of the Castro regime. Along the way, he punctures some of the egregious myths about Cuba: · The Motorcycle Bore: The real Che Guevaranot the rebel rock star of T-shirt fame, but a battlefield incompetent, a puritan-Stalinist bore, and the man who sent thousands of innocent Cubans to the firing squads · Communist Economics 101: How Castro took Cuba from being a First World economy that had to turn away European emigrants to a country that even impoverished Haitians wont emigrate to, with among the highest suicide and abortion rates in the world · The Saddam Hussein Next Door: How Castro has not only had nuclear weapons (and wanted to launch them) but has plotted massive terrorist outrages against the United States · Fidel the anti-black racist and unrepentant Communistand his long list of useful idiots: from Jesse Jackson to Oliver Stone, George McGovern to Ted Turner, Bill Clinton to Steven Spielberg, to Katie Couric and many others · The Lefts favorite racism: against conservative Cuban-Americans
Fidel: Hollywoods Favorite Tyrant is a stunning exposé of the real Fidel Castro and of the hypocrisy, ignorance, and inexcusable appeasement that makes his liberal admirers notorious.
About the Author
Cuban-born Humberto Fontova came to the United States when he was six years old and grew up in New Orleans. He is a graduate of the University of New Orleans and has an masters degree in Latin American studies from Tulane University. His critically acclaimed true-life adventure books are The Helldivers Rodeo (a Publishers Weekly "Book of the Week") and The Hellpig Hunt. Fontova writes and comments frequently on Latin American affairs for both English- and Spanish-language media. He lives in New Orleans with his family.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Life under Castro is better than it was under Bautista.
- 1950s Cuba was poorer and more repressive than Cuba today, and thus, it is necessary to have a dictator like Fidel.
- Fidel is a "revolutionary communist leader" who cares about his own poor.
- Fidel is an idealist who wants to help the Third World, and should be praised for "standing up to the U.S.".
- Che Guevara is an idealist, humanistic hero of guerilla wars, and should be looked up to.
- The Cuban Revolution helped the poor in Cuba
- Fidel made Cuba less racist.
- Left-wing Europeans and Americans are right to support Fidel in his "struggle" against the U.S.
- The embargo by the U.S. is wrong
- 1950s Cuba was a fairer, more thriving society than modern Cuba, with more freedoms (sure, Bautista was repressive, but not as much as Fidel).
- Fidel and Co. killed 15,000 people who opposed them (mostly by firing .45 caliber handguns into their heads at close range).
- Fidel looked up to Adolf Hitler and modelled some of his writing on what Hitler had written ("History will absolve me").
- There have been 500,000 people (mostly poor, mostly black) in Cuba's Gulags
- Fidel's thugs regularly use torture on prisoners
- Che was an Argentine who personally sent 1,890 men to death - without trial, by firing squad. Che's office had a window where he could look out on the firing squads shooting men in the head with .45 handguns. One after another after another. Che once said, "we don't need evidence", and "we have to become cold-blooded killers".
- Fidel hated Che and sent him abroad on "missions" to get rid of him.
- Cuba's prisons contain 80 % black prisoners. The communist party is 0.08 % black. Thus, Cuba is a racist country (a U.S. "black panther" who hijacked a plane to Cuba in the 1970s and was ended up in Cuban prison, was brutally maltreated and lost the use of one eye as a result once said, "I would rather be a prisoner in the U.S. than "free" in Cuba).
- Fidel was involved in murder across borders (i.e., terrorism).
- Fidel pleaded with the USSR during the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 to fire nukes at the U.S.
- Despite receiving billions in aid from the USSR over 4 decades, today, the average Cuban gets less rations per day than the slaves in Cuba in 1840 !!
- Hollywood and the Left turn a blind eye to Cuba's human rights abuses, praising the dictator, Fidel. (whereas Chile's Pinochet - who the Left love to revile, had 5,000 people killed, Fidel and Co. had 15,000 people murdered, all without a fair trial, many with no trial at all).
I wish all the leftwingers in the U.S. and everywhere would read this book before talking about how Fidel is such a great "Third World leader", or putting on that Che Guavara t-shirt.
Most recent customer reviews
25 November 2016; Murete la RATA!
Viva Cuba LIBRE!
"Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum!Read more