Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Field of Dreams [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 27, 2016
We bought this movie to watch in our motorhome on the way across the country to visit that ACTUAL Field of Dreams movie site in Dyersville, Iowa. We didn't buy it for the bonus features or commentary, so I can't review those--we simply bought it to show our little boys this wonderful story before seeing the real field. It really is a neat plot--a farmer gets a message from the beyond to cut down some of his corn crop and build a baseball field, and when he does, the ghosts of baseball players from the past come out of the corn to play ball on the field in the evenings. A little twist here, some closure there and it's a wonderful family movie (a few bad words but nothing terrible). Kevin Costner is great, and my husband and I both shed tears when we watch it (in a sentimental way, not in a Marley and Me way!). And now that we've watched it and spent family time with our own little boys on the real field, this movie will be a family tradition and treasure for years to come. Thanks!
review imagereview imagereview image
on March 29, 2016
This is an uplifting film where Costner's character is selected obscurely by the almighty to perform some tasks on behalf of some deceased early 20th century ball players. Ultimately by doing so at great risk he gets his reward.

One of Costner's finest performances and James Earl Jones is outstanding in support. Good character development and the rest of the supporting cast is good too. More of a human interest story without much special effects. Moves along well and dammit, you feel good when it's over. Then you have to love the main character's driving an old Vw bus from Iowa to Boston, then to Minnesota and back without breaking down ;-)
on June 26, 2017
This movie by all rights ought to be a ham-fest.

The ground is littered with films that ask us to feel one way, and instead we feel the opposite. During a poorly-made scene which asks us to feel tension, we might laugh (Untouchables, I'm looking at you.)

But look out, here comes Field of Dreams. When Field of Dreams asks me to get goosebumps, I do! And when Field of Dreams asks me to get teary-eyed, I do!

A great re-watch.
on November 25, 2017
This is a truly great movie. This was probably the fourth or fifth time I watched this movie and I think it had a much greater impact this time as I think I really felt the deep meaning and got the true message of the plot. Without giving it away, let me
Just say it is the best ode to babseball that I know of and not just to the game, but to the magical link that baseball provides between generations and how it such a major part of the fabric of our country. I’d give it 6 stars if I could.
on September 10, 2009
First of all, I love the movie and it's an absolute classic. I just wanna throw my two cents in on the Blu-ray release and say that despite some other reviews, I am satisfied with the picture quality of the Blu-ray version. First of all it's an older movie- we're talking like TWENTY YEARS OLD, so no matter how many times it's remastered, it's not going to reach Dark Knight-esque quality. Yeah, there are definitely problems with grainy-ness and other imperfections, but I just got done watching a close-up of Shoeless Joe Jackson on my Samsung in 1080p, and I can promise you this isn't just marginally better than DVD, it's quite noticeably better.

Some of the professional reviews I've read suspect that Universal used the same transfer for this edition as they used for the hd-dvd release a few years back. Since that's probably very likely, I wouldn't be surprised to see an improved transfer in the future, since transfer technology and remastering technology improve over time. But how soon? NOT FOR A LONG TIME! I wouldn't expect a new transfer for another 10 years since transferring/remastering is very costly(take for example North by Northwest's gigantic one costing $1 million recently). After all, Universal is not going to invest the money if they can't recoup it with sales. So moral of the story- this is the best edition you're probably gonna find for a long time :)
on September 21, 2017
This was purchased to replace our VHS version of it which we have just about worn out. We visited the field of Dreams in IOWA and it has been a standard feel good film for several years for us. I especially like the interaction of the characters with James Earl Jones (one of my favorite actors).
on July 5, 2017
A family favorite !!! " peace love dope now get the hell outta here !!"
on February 4, 2017
One of my all time favorite movies. You need to help open-minded. No way the story would be real life, but that is not the point of the movie. So many people judge a movie on what is reality versus enjoying the story and "getting the message." I loved James Earl Jones and Ray Locitta (sp)
on February 9, 2017
We do Friday night movies with my nine-year-old boy who's been playing baseball for about 4 years now. When I asked him what he thought about it after we watched it he said I loved it. It also prompted a lot of questions about baseball what happened that year how come they did what they did. So if you watch this with a young child be ready with the answers we were caught a little off-guard but it all turned out great
on January 25, 2018
This is a very good movie that I had seen many years ago. I purchased it for a friend who was giving it to a grandchild for Christmas. The recipient was happy with the movie as well.