|Brand Name||Field Notes|
|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.5 x 3.5 x 0.13 inches|
|Item model number||FN-02|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Number of Items||1|
|Sheet Size||3-3/10 x 5-1/2|
|Manufacturer Part Number||FN-02|
Field Notes: Original Kraft 3-Pack - Ruled Paper - 48 Pages - 3.5" x 5.5"
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Ruled Paper 48-page memo book
- 3 Books per pack - banded and shrink-wrapped
- Three great memo books worth fillin' up with good information
- Made in the USA
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the brand
How we got our start?Inspired by the vanishing sub-genre of agricultural memo books, ornate pocket ledgers, and the simple, unassuming beauty of a well-crafted list, the Draplin Design Company of Portland and Coudal Partners, a Chicago creative firm, created Field Notes, a collection of vintage-styled pocket notebooks.
What makes our product unique?Practical American design with a sense of history and familiarity is what we’re all about. In addition to our standard products we also produce quarterly limited editions using different papers, form factors, and printing techniques. All Field Notes paper products are manufactured in the U.S.A.
Why we love what we do?Field Notes has printed dozens of memo book variations and introduced our wildly popular line of quarterly limited editions. We love seeing how our products are used in the wild and we enjoy having the opportunity to explore new ideas, printing processes, and packaging in our line of products.
Field Notes Original Kraft Memo Book 3-Packs
Graph, Ruled, Plain, Mixed, and Left-Handed Packs
To make a long story short. When Aaron Draplin made the very first Field Notes by hand, as a holiday gift for friends, they looked pretty much like these notebooks. When we started the company we had only one product, a 3-Pack of Kraft Memo Books with graph paper inside. This is the heart of our product line.
Our original 48-page memo books are available in three variations – Graph, Ruled, or Plain paper – or as a Mixed 3-pack that includes one of each paper type. Each Original Kraft memo book measures 3-1/2" wide by 5-1/2" tall and is bound by a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process.
We also have a Left-Handed 3-Pack available with Ruled paper inside. With ten percent of the world’s population left-handed, we figured it was about time to make a notebook just for them. It’s identical to our Original Kraft Ruled Memo Book in every way except for this: We reversed the direction, and put the staples on the other side. Got a southpaw in your life? Get ’em a 3-Pack of our new Left-Handed Ruled Memo Books.
Don’t settle for imitations, all Field Notes paper products, papers, and inks are Made in the USA.
Original Kraft 3-Packs are available with Graph, Ruled, or Plain paper inside. There's also a Mixed 3-Pack with one book of each.
|Graph Paper 3-Pack||Ruled Paper 3-Pack||Plain Paper 3-Pack||Mixed Paper 3-Pack (1 book of each inside)||Left-Handed Ruled Paper 3-Pack|
|Size||3½" × 5½"||3½" × 5½"||3½" × 5½"||3½" × 5½"||3½" × 5½"|
|Page Count||48 Pages per book||48 Pages per book||48 Pages per book||48 Pages per book||48 Pages per book|
|Books per Pack||3||3||3||3||3|
|Paper Style||Graph||Ruled||Plain||Graph, Ruled, Plain (1 book of each)||Ruled|
|Made in the USA||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm a senior controls engineer and keeping things in my large notebook has become difficult with all of the moving about that I do. Carrying a small notebook in my backpocket has been the best option I've found so far. I was a long time lover of Moleskine (for personal use), but mixed it up with this assortment of purchases.
1) Field Notes - when I got all three notebooks, this was my favorite at first. The paper is possibly the highest grade (shocking, right?) but the giant "FIELD NOTES" printed on the front wore on me over time. Now I use these for carrying during a hike. I record a few key things just for fun and tracking. I can't recommend these highly enough for outdoor use. They're super rugged, the paper is ultra-high-quality, and they size is perfect. Workers perfectly with my Sharpie Pen with no bleeding or show-through.
2) Moleskine Journals - This is what I ultiamtely ended up carrying for work. Paper is second only to the Field Notes notebook and even there it's close. The pages are perforated and the notebook has a tiny folder in the back for holding loose pages. This makes carrying it all the nicer. I don't have to keep a grand organizational scheme; I write and then sort it out later. Sharpie Pen doesn't bleed or show-through. Cover is unmarked (apart from a small bit of embassed text on the back). The cover is pretty durable, but not nearly as rugged as the Field Notes' cover.
3) Rhodia Pocket Notebook - I wanted to like these but the size is slightly too small. The cover is plain paper. And, althoguh some disagree, the paper quality was the worst. I had slight show-through from my Sharpie Pen but not bleeding. I don't have much else to say about this one since I've used it so little.
There seem to be a lot of questions about pen bleed, so I did a small test with some common pens I have lying around. As you can see in the pictures, the sharpie was the worst (as expected) and all others were about the same except for pencil which was the best.
I wish I had known about the utility of a pocket notebook sooner. I was skeptical at first; just how different could this be from the Notes app on my phone? I now see the appeal. I can't explain it, but the notes I put in my pocket notebook are so much easier to recall than anything I type into a phone app. Instead of dozens of mile-long bullet lists on an app, I'm writing shorthand notes that avoid unnecessary detail and fluff. I'm not forced to start a whole new page for every minor change of subject; I can just jot down any off-topic thoughts to the side and throw a box around it to keep thoughts separate and organized. My note-taking is more focused, and as a result I'm asking better questions at work and staying on track without drowning in information. Not to mention how much more professional it looks (in a meeting, for example) when you're writing physical notes on an actual piece of paper rather than typing into your phone.
I cannot recommend these notebooks enough. It has changed how I view work, and I can't wait to see how I'm able to utilize these during my school semesters. Amazing product, all-in-all.
There's not much more to say, other than this message to the manufacturer: you have a good thing going. Don't get greedy and change or thin out the paper. I will continue to loyally buy & recommend these, and pay a high price for a paper notebook, but if you mess with the product in the slightest way, I'll jump ship, and others will too. Little details make or break great products.
Top international reviews
I always carry one in my bag, and find it so handy to take notes on anything and especially making lists. It has been bashed about and felt on wet floor, and somehow it hasn't been affected. It's a pleasure to write on at every occasion and it feels good to know I always have paper with me when feeling inspired on needing to remember something.