- Hardcover: 412 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (May 20, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470844264
- ISBN-13: 978-0470844267
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 1.1 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,374,305 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Field Techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
All geography and Earth science carry out field work as part of their studies, either on supervised field courses or independently as part of an extended project. Field techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology provides with accepted and practicable techniques for addressing their chosen research.
This book begins by exploring the role of field data acquisition and covers the practical aspects of preparing for fieldwork, discussing key logistical considerations. The remaining chapters on a specific aspect of field Glaciology or Glacial Geomorphology. Examples are provided in the interaction between fieldwork and theory in Glaciology, and of the acquisition and treatment of field data. Each chapter provides a background to the topic, followed by useful methodological information, such as how to construct and deploy field instruments, and concluding with suggestions for projects utilising the techniques discussed.
- An accessible text focusing on practice rather than theory.
- Covers the main approaches and techniques available in Glaciology and Glacial geomorphology.
- International case studies show each method in practice.
- Allows an understanding to be gained of how the data presented in key papers were gained.
This book is essential for 2nd/3rd year undergraduate students of Physical Geography, Environmental Science and Earth Science, taking courses in Glaciology, Glacial Geomorphology and Glacial Geology. It is an excellent reference for professional glaciologists, geologists, environmental consultants, engineers, geophysicists and lecturers, researchers and postgraduates working and teaching in the field.
Browse award-winning titles. See more