Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fields of Grace
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 8, 2003
When I listened to this album for the first time, I was alarmed by the change in Big Daddy Weave's musical style. For example, on the opening track, "Set Me Free", there is no saxophone, and the electric guitar is more prominent. This is in sharp contrast with "In Christ," the opening track of One and Only. I also heard this change in "Fields of Grace", "Heart Cries Holy", "Everything You Are", and "Be Your Everything". It's not that I don't like rock, but I wondered what brought about the change.
However, the saxophone isn't completely gone. You can hear it in "Why", "New Every Morning", "Pharisee", and "You in Me". I especially like the use of the baritone saxophone in "New Every Morning" and the sax part in the middle of "You in Me". So while the style has changed somewhat, it's not entirely different.
But the message of the songs is what's most important. For example, the title track talks about a personal relationship with God which is much more than just religion. "Everything You Are" is a great worship chorus, which I hope we'll eventually start singing in church, though I'm sure most people will want to sing it in a lower key. "Be Your Everything" expresses God's desire that we bring all of our concerns to Him. "Pharisee" talks about hypocrisy and the freedom that we find in Christ. And "Completely Free" is a simple, beautiful presentation of the Gospel.
I highly recommend this album. The style has changed, but I still like it, and the message is great!
on March 3, 2014
I absolutely love this album because it demonstrates a new revelation to much of the church today "grace" and it's true meaning. This group, unlike many Christian groups (but more all the time), understand grace celebrate it in this album. Great group! The truth about grace has set me free, and when that happens you have to rejoice.
on October 20, 2003
Fields of Grace is by far the best! I have enjoyed listening to it over and over and just can't seem to get enough of it. You guys have grown in your sound and it is unbelievable. Every song on the CD is awesome and you can truly feel the spirit around you when listening to the CD. You guys are truly messengers from God. You have God given talents that no one else could ever top.
I enjoyed meeting you all at Crossroads a few weeks ago and Jeff ,it was great seeing you ,Cuz!!!
Keep up the good work. You are all such a blessing!
on March 25, 2009
I enjoy listening to this effort, but it's not my favorite Big Daddy Weave album. It deviates a little from their defined style, and not in a bad way, but it's just not my favorite because I prefer their style of going heavy with instruments besides just guitars.
on October 3, 2012
I love Big Daddy's music. My favorite song on this particular CD is "Fields of Grace" When I listen to that song I can actually see myself dancing before God in a Field.
on July 7, 2010
I love Big Daddy Weave and this one has a lot of great songs on it that you will recognize from almost any contemporary Christian station.
on December 18, 2010
This album is fantastic from start to finish. When the track Fields of Grace plays my spirit dances! Awesome album.
on March 29, 2013
Great music as always by BDW,. Get all BDW cds if you can, there all good. blah blah blah blah.
on March 29, 2004
I thought to myself. I have a three hour drive ahead of me and I want something new to listen to. I saw this Album, "Fields of Grace ~ Big Daddy Weave." I'm thinking to myself, who are they. I'll pick it up and if I don't like it I will return it.
Well after the first few songs, I was hooked. Now, I'm trying to find more by them.
Great Album
on December 23, 2014
They really came into their best writing later on.