Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on September 10, 2017
I read this book as part of my year long reading of US history. Along side this book i am reading a 3 part biography of Theodore Roosevelt so this book helped add some context to Roosevelt's life and times.
on August 20, 2017
Great book for anyone wants to learn more about the Progressive Era.
on February 2, 2016
This is a fascinating book, a great perspective on a period of American history about which I knew little. Reading this book really extended my appreciation for the issues and struggles that have been part of our country for so long. My only critique of the book is that it could benefit from some editing and reorganization that would result in a more streamlined presentation and compelling storyline. However, having said this, I still highly recommend the book. It is most definitely worth reading.
on January 21, 2016
Well written, tons of info relevant to how, politically, we got where we are today.
on May 14, 2017
Very thorough and readable, exciting book. It certainly covers the subject well.
on September 30, 2014
Great read.
on August 8, 2014
great
on March 9, 2013
I have now read a few books on the progressive movement and this book seems to capture more details that the other books did. I would recommend reading this book and then read Judge Napolitano's book. This book would provide a little more detailed background to put it all into perspective.
on May 11, 2016
Great book. Required for one of my courses at UT Austin with Professor Jeremi Suri. It requires full attention (turn the TV off and go to a quiet room!) to fully absorb the material, but it gives a valuable historical perspective that I've never heard before.
on December 4, 2014
Very interesting account or this seminal movement in in American History.