- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Crossway; 1St Edition edition (January 27, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 158134788X
- ISBN-13: 978-1581347883
- Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 0.4 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (122 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #96,232 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die Paperback – January 27, 2006
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
John Piper (DTheol, University of Munich) is the founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and the chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. He served for 33 years as the senior pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and is the author of more than 50 books, including Desiring God, Don’t Waste Your Life, This Momentary Marriage, A Peculiar Glory, and Reading the Bible Supernaturally.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 63%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1. As a "graduate PhD of Christianity" (if there's such a thing) considering this book to be "basic".
2. As continuously-needing-grace person whose soul will benefit from meditating and contemplating the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ in the cross.
It is true that as we grow spiritually in Christian life, we ought to read different topics (Theology, Apologetic, etc.), but we must not forget that the Gospel is not the "101" of Christian life, it is the very center of it.
I really enjoy reading this book. The relatively short chapters format allows us to read 1-3 chapters each time we read together and review what we saw in previous chapters.
Each of the "50 Reasons" in Piper's book are only 2 pages in length, so they can easily be read daily. My husband and I have decided to read a chapter a day for the rest of our lives so that we never forget or put out of our minds the amazing Cross of Jesus Christ.