Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Fight Night: Round 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 68% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- 3 new Impact Punches, with high risk and high reward - put down your opponent or get knocked on the canvas. Players are only one punch away from the entire dynamic of the fight changing!
- Clench down on that mouth guard, rookie! Super Punch lets you feel the impact of a devastating punch, as the boxer's face ripples from that blow
- Design a fighting style all your own, and see how you match up against the authentic signature styles from the world's best fighters
- Establish rivalries by intimidating opponents before the big fight with heated press conferences, trash talkin', and fights at weigh-ins
- Watch ESPN Classic footage of real-life bouts or re-create the greatest fights from past and present
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
- Three new impact punches, with high risk and high reward--put down your opponent or get knocked on the canvas. Players are only one punch away from the entire dynamic of the fight changing!
- Clench down on that mouth guard, rookie! Super Punch lets you feel the impact of a devastating punch, as the boxer's face ripples from that blow.
- Design a fighting style all your own, and see how you match up against the authentic signature styles from the world's best fighters.
- Establish rivalries by intimidating opponents before the big fight with heated press conferences, trash talkin', and fights at weigh-ins.
- Watch ESPN classic footage of real-life bouts or re-create the greatest fights from past and present.
Top Customer Reviews
Here's the big one. I don't know if they sacrificed the quality here for another feature, but believe me, it's not worth it! The "punching under water" reference one reviewer gave is right on the money and not just on the haymakers! I'm trying to fire off a jab-right-hook combination, and after the right, I'm just standing there like a drunken apple woman!
- SLO-MO REPLAYS
Probably more annoying than the controls is the slow motion instant replay of the knockdowns. The screen freezes on the connection for about 4 seconds, and the sound...THE SOUND!!! "Yiiiiiahhh!!!!Booooom!!!!<crackle-crackle-crackle>ssssplat!!!!" If I had my eyes closed, it would sound like my dad crashing his '75 Merc into a display window full of grapefruits! Oy vey!!
- BOXER SELECTION
There are too many repetitions of boxers through the weight classes. EA, ever heard of variety? Can't acquire a license for a particular fighter? Try another, you numbskulls!
It was nice to see Ricky Hatton in there, but where's Floyd Mayweather? So much for THAT dream match! Maybe a code to unlock? Don't think I'll be playing this long enough to acquire that one!
- NO TIME-OUTS ON THE PENALTIES (...AGAIN!!!)
Come on guys! If nothing else!!!! When a boxer commits a foul, he's doing it to get a break. Surely the damage it can cause is a nice perk, but that's not the main reason to break the rules. Don't believe me that this makes a difference?Read more ›
First off, he strange retro look to it, makes it tough to look at. Imagine looking at
a Burger King or Mc Donald's all day. The character creation area, has some
cool new stuff, like new postures for defense and offense, but other then that,
it's weak. The view is much further away then in the Previous versions, and the
choices seems to have been cut down, rather then increased (as you would think
would happen in a follow-up game). Still only have 4 places to put tattoos (Left
arm, right arm, back, and chest. If you want a tat on the forearm, no luck there.
The controls are much more sluggish then the others, and there are lots of POPs
in the actions or transfers between actions.
I used to like to watch the slow-motion hits after the knock down, but not any more.
The Characters have lost something in their detail. They don't look as good. And the
sound is Awful in Slow Mo. It sounds like paper tearing, and drums, and the impact,
doesn't line up with the sound. The announcers also get cut off in mid sentence, when
talking about a hit.
The Training is different. They kept the same things as Round 2, but changed
them enough to make me hate them. In Round 2 you could easily see what you
were supposed to do. The angel in Round 3 sucks. The punch dummy, for instance:
He is turned at such an angel away from you, that you can't tell when they want
you to hit the Left side of the face.
The sparing is much better, in that you can choose what you want to work on,
and it trains you in just that.Read more ›
First I didn't get this game to choose two fighters and go toe-to-toe, I bought this for the Career, and the Career was a thing of beauty in Round 2 or as close to as I had seen at that point. To start a career creating a boxer is in order, I don't want to see if I can have a better career than Robert Duran had using Roberto Duran, I want to have a better career using my own creation. The creator is better in Round 3 than Round 2, but still leaves much to be desired, I could create a character which looked like a VG copy of myself and that was sweet.
As far as career mode went, gone was the ranking, I liked seeing where I stood in accord with the reigning champ. No more, it was replaced with a popularity meter, when filled you earn the right to fight a main event and advance. Heck I liked in Round 2 when you fight a lowly boxer and he gave a hard fight and you want to see how he is doing now, and sometimes you notice a boxer vanish like he retired, well, not anymore. You don't know any of the other boxers until you sign a contract with them.
Another beef with the Career mode, Signing contracts, I am sorry but I really don't like Seeing Ali or Frazier having records like 6 wins 3 losses and 3 KO's, I don't want to see legends until I have won the championship. I think it should be a perk to being champ, see how you fair against the greatest. In Round 2 at least you had to wait until the top 10 to really see known names, my second match of my career, wearing a padded helmet was Roy Jones Jr.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Ridiculously priced! I thought I was buying a ps3 game bit I can't say whether that was my fault or Amazon's. Read morePublished 13 months ago by kelly utley
Disk is free of scratches and artwork was included. Arrived before deadlinePublished 15 months ago by Marc W.
Unbelieveable. Love, Love, love this game. Does this make me a violent person? LMAO Still great game.Published 17 months ago by Aleia Otey