FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- New 'Legacy Mode' that allows players to grow the career of fighters from their amateur days to the top of the professional ranks.
- All-new physics-based gameplay engine that recreates the full spectrum of true-to-life punch impacts, giving boxers a devastating arsenal of punches, blocks and ring movement.
- An updated heads-up display (HUD) that adds blocking functionality to the existing health and stamina status meters on screen.
- Realistic boxing styles based on fighters like Ali, Tyson, Frasier, Foreman that allows players to step into the ring and emulate the move of the greats of the Sweet Science.
- 2-person multiplayer functionality both locally and on PSN, and PlayStation trophies online.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
With an all new physics based fighting engine, new physics driven animations, truly unique and differentiated boxer styles, and the most impressive boxer roster ever including the return of the legendary Iron Mike Tyson, "Fight Night Round 4" takes video game boxing and fighting to an entirely new level.
Top customer reviews
I am glad that I waited. Being a huge boxing fan, I am so happy to see the different boxing styles. I remember seeing a EA rep (speaking on Knockout Kings 2002) that boxing games were hard to make because there is little strategy. I believe that EA had that assumption for quite a while, and it showed in their games. Thank goodness some real boxing fans took part in creating this amazing game, because the strategy and realism are back. This game has a great roster of boxers. Heavies are my favorite and include, Ali, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Joe Fraiser, Lenox Lewis, James Toney. Then you can pay for an expansion pack to get Holyfield, Klitchko brothers, Sonny Liston and older grill selling george foreman. Notable fighters such as Jack Johnson, Rocky Marciano, and Joe Louis are missing, but downloadable for free as "create a character" fighters; The create mode is so good that you can create a perfect Marciano, or even you! Yes, in this game you can upload your photos to the EA sports world website and create a perfect boxer that looks like you. People are having fun with this. Someone made a perfect Obama that you can download.
The biggest flaw in this game is the frustration level. One night I hit my online opponent with 95 haymakers and I couldnt hurt him. I ended up losing my stamina from beating him so bad. Then another night I got Koed by an opponent with no strength. Im not sure if online people have cheat codes or if the gameplay formula is messed up, but it can be very frustrating. However, I still enjoy playing others online. EA has a world championship mode that will track your stats and you can become the online world champ.
I highly recommend this game for boxing fans with a PS3. The total control isnt perfect, but it's workable if your put in the practice.
2. Graphics - 5 stars. Graphics output says 1080 P and it definately appears like 1080 P. Great detail, colors and picture.
3. Player style/ replication - No rating- I can't rate this category because i really don't know follow boxing that much to know exactly how a Hollyfield, Tyson or Ali fights. I know enough to know their individual strategies and skills but not the visual picture memory.
4. Overall - 4 stars. Great game if you are looking to be challenged for a long time. This is a good thing as once people conquer a game, they often get bored. This one would take you a good amount of time before getting there.
Most recent customer reviews
Very happy works wonders on my shoulder pain.