Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 201 reviews
on January 22, 2015
I bought this as a longer replacement for the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 stock 2-slot non-polarized universal power cord. I was seduced by the high rating and low price.

The problem is that there is no protection support for articulated bending on the female end of the cable. Shouldn't have been surprising to me, then, when the internal wires came exposed after only 3 months of normal use! Tried taping up with electrical tape. Bad idea. Only gave the cord 1mos more of life before it went up in smoke. Do NOT waste your money on this product!

As a replacement, I just went to Best Buy and picked up the Insignia 6' 2-Slot Nonpolarized Power Cord for $7.99 (not available for purchase on Amazon at the time of writing). This cord DOES provide articulated bending and appears to be of generally higher quality. Hopefully it lasts longer than 3 months!
on April 8, 2017
Poor quality, exploded in my hand when I plugged it in. There was a huge spark and the part of the plug that goes in the wall flew across the room. Luckily I didn't get shocked.
review image
on May 20, 2017
I figured this would be crappy since it's an unknown manufacturer, but it's wonderful and works without issue for our printer.
on February 25, 2014
The listing originally said it was 3ft long, which was the shortest length available on Amazon (I needed it to be 1ft, really) but when I received it, it was 5ft. That detail has since been corrected in the listing, but the supplier did not stock any 3ft HDE cables and was unable to give me a replacement, I was promptly refunded and I was able to keep the item anyway.

Regardless of 4 extra feet lying behind the appliance in question on my bathroom bench, it functions properly and I have had no issue with it technically, it's just an aesthetic/logistical issue, and the item was otherwise exactly as described and pictured.
on April 19, 2016
Great cord it did just what I needed it to do. Very happy with my purchase as always on Amazon I will definitely buy this again.
on November 15, 2013
It works perfectly on my Sony Vaio as a power cable. I had forgotten to bring this little cable but had brought the other one when I was travelling... Well, the reason I don't want to give it 5 stars is because while it works, the cable is prone to slip out because it doesn't fit super tightly. But it's good enough if you need it for a limited amount of time.
on June 25, 2014
Needed this for a Canon Scanner no longer made. Cannon offers a replacement at 3 times the price of this one. The wife is a bit thin, and the head isn't an exact fit, but it does work, and that's what counts. For the light use my scanner sees, it's just fine.
on September 9, 2012
Cable works, but look closely at the picture. The picture at the time of this writing shows a cord that has no groove down the middle, and has no holes in the prongs ([...]). Also, what you can't see in the picture is that the cord is very flexible; not at all like the power cords you're probably used to. In short, non-conventional construction that makes the cord feel cheap. Which is of course what it is, literally; I couldn't find one cheaper anywhere else. But these abnormalities are worth mentioning in my opinion. All in all, so far it's doing it's job, but I am slightly worried about malfunctions, so I may upgrade to a ten dollar cord from RadioShack or somewhere in the future.
on July 25, 2017