FiiO E02i Rocky (Black) Headphone Amplifier for iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5
|Price:||$49.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Get enhanced audio output from an iPhone, along with switchable bass boost. Lossless bass boost circuit design realizes natural sounding and strong bass effect.
- The E02i provides all of the line controls for music and phone calls on the iPhone, including play, pause, change tracks, and answering calls
- The built in lithium ion battery lasts for up to 10 hours of normal use. In case the battery runs out, the bypass feature allows the E02i to continue function normally without the amplifier feature.
- An aluminum shell not only looks fashionable and is durable, but also fully shield external interference to prevent noise.
- Use any headphones to make calls on an iPhone with the E02i's microphone. Located on top of the E02i, the high sensitivity microphone is designed for clear conversation and low noise.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Audio ImpactGet enhanced audio output from an iPhone, along with switchable bass boost. Lossless bass boost circuit design realizes natural sounding and strong bass effect. In ControlThe E02i provides all of the line controls for music and phone calls on the iPhone, including play, pause, change tracks, and answering calls. 10-Hour BatteryThe built in lithium ion battery lasts for up to 10 hours of normal use. In case the battery runs out, the bypass feature allows the E02i to continue function normally without the amplifier feature. Full Metal ShellAn aluminum shell not only looks fashionable and is durable, but also fully shield external interference to prevent noise. Built-In MicrophoneUse any headphones to make calls on an iPhone with the E02i's microphone. Located on top of the E02i, the high sensitivity microphone is designed for clear conversation and low noise. Specifications Output Power: >70mw (32Ohm) Headphone Impedance: 16~150Ohm Frequency Response: 20Hz~20kHz Power Supply: USB 5V/500mA Size: 0.9x2.3x0.6 (including clip) Cable Length: 31.5 Weight: 27g
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I went through Shure, Audio-Technica (to mention the most expensive), to cheaper options.
They all failed me at some point. Most often, the cable would start shorting.
The average lifetime of any of those was maybe 3 months.
Then I came across an Amazon page about the FiiO E02i.
I am familiar with FiiO products. I own the FiiO E5 and the E11 and I specifically like the E11 for its nice power boost. The E5 is less useful but can give a slight boost to headphones with higher Ohms. Even if I like much the E11, I do not have much chances to use it when I am outdoors because it gets bulky and does not allow the Iphone controls.
So I went ahead and ordered this one. It is about 4 times more expensive than the cheapest remotes I ever got but it has a power and bass boost on top of a very nice design.
I have just received it so I can only speak about looks and sound quality and both feel very nice.
What's to like:
- Size: It is about the size of an USB stick and it weights about an ounce.
- Build quality: Everything breathes quality control.
- Amplification and Bass Boost available. I won't use the bass boost but having a slight amplification naturally improve the bass response anyway.
- Large clip that won't break easily (made of aluminium), unlike the plastic ones of the previous remotes...
- Full remote capabilities. Next track, previous one, Fast forward, Fast reverse, answer calls, refuse calls, terminate calls...
- Large volume controls.
- Cable guides
- Price (about 1/3 of the E11)
- Still works without battery (bypass mode)
- Battery charge by standard USB port (cable attached)
- Microphone quality is very good and even improves when amplifier is turned on.
What I don't like:
- No idea...Really, I cannot find anything yet to dislike :)
I may have found the ideal product. It does almost everything I need. I like separate remotes because I am using high quality headphones which are usually sold without microphone or remote.
I think I am going to order another one to offer to my girlfriend. That's how much I like it!
It is now the third time the unit end up failing for me and my girlfriend. I have bought 4 units and the recurrence of failures is quite high.
When it works, it works well but there may be a manufacturing issue with the cables.
Overall, the unit is still very nice but these failures are a real pain in the neck...
Here is the update:
I still think this headphone as a remote is still the best out there for its purpose.
However, the quality is definitely an issue. It must be the 4th or 5th I have decided to return because of a short at the jack just after a few weeks of daily use. The short is not so much felt while listening to music but you cans still hear statics. The worst part is that it will disconnect call, start music or forward on its own, start the voice command. The quality is not acceptable at this stage.
Too bad because conceptually, it is still a very good item.
I've now owned two of them. The first one ended up having periodic static. This had nothing to do with my headphones, or my iPhone 5, the connection, the file being played, external factors (e.g., wet environment) or anything else. It was simply an internal problem with the device electronics that would happen from time to time.
I returned the first one and got a replacement. After a few weeks it developed the same periodic static problem. I kept it anyway because I liked the amp so much I felt I could live with some static once in a while. Then after a few months something else happened so that now periodically the left or right channel goes out. It seems to depend how the thing is tilted and if I tilt it one way or the other sometimes I get both channels back. It's now worthless to me.
I don't bang it around. It just goes in my pocket and is treated rather delicately. I find it hard to believe I had such bad luck that I received two defective products in a row. just think the build quality is bad and its electronics will go pretty quickly.
A shame really because when it works its nice. But I suggest waiting for a better solution to come out.
I recommend buying this, it is cheap, built well, has a clip, and makes the any headphone sound better.
Don't think, just buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The cord disposition its a little odd, but since its light weight built quality its excellent it makes a great travel companion, but if you want it for home use something more powerfull and versatile will do better
Most recent customer reviews
It stopped charging and therefore is useless now... With this quality, I would never buy another again, neither try a different one...Read more