Bento 4 Single User
|Price:||$13.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Choose from 35 built-in templates that are ready to use at work, home, school, and in your community or download more free templates that have been posted to the Bento Template Exchange.
- Link to your existing Address Book and iCal information so there's no rekeying or duplicate data entry required.
- Bring lists of information stored in Excel, Numbers, and other files into Bento using copy and paste or the easy import feature.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Bento is easy to use, has a few good features, but many serious, frustrating limitations. As far as I can tell, this version just adds some social networking (web sharing) capability and integration with iPads, and that's about it. It is otherwise very close to Bento 3 (and see my 2-star review of that).
Bento has some good features:
- it integrates well with the MAC environment (address book, calendar, iPhoto)
- it is *fairly* easy to import data from spreadsheets (only. and still very basic and limited)
- it is quick for setting up simple database forms that look nice (but simple)
- it lets you move data to your iPhone/iPad with their app (although this has room for improvement)
- it has some mathematical field capabilities, but very rudimentary
- they offer access to a lot of free templates to get you started and to give you ideas
Obviously, Bento focuses on ease of use and integration, as well as simple, attractive appearance. But Bento still lacks flexibility, analytical features, and interoperability with other data applications and formats.Read more ›
Unfortunately, for some time, the people at FileMaker have been systematically destroying their own product through inattention and negligence. For example, any and all customer requests are met with a canned response of: "The suggestion has been submitted to engineering. We cannot comment on the status of the request." That would be OK if simple requests were being addressed. But even simple feature requests, such as the ability to create Rich Text fields, or even HTML, fields that allow for text formatting have been left languishing for years (3+ years in the case of the rich text field request). The lack of any reporting capabilities is another area of long-standing concern.
In addition, features which set Bento apart from the competition, such as integration with iCal, iPhoto, Contacts, and more are being methodically removed.Read more ›
I started with Bento 2 and upgraded to Bento 4 whenever it came out (about a year ago?). I use it to manage our small non-profit with about 1200 names.
I would be perfectly happy with the Mac built in Mail and Address Book programs if there were 2 more features:
1) Could print out a customizable list of contacts that could be formatted decently.
2) Would allow customization of mailing labels. I need a place to put expiration dates. To put in expiration dates in Address Book, I entered them into the "company" field which is one of the two fields that Address Book allows you to toggle when making labels.
Since switching to Lion and moving from mobileme to iCloud, Bento has become excruciatingly (and unpredictably) slow. When going through the database to update files, what used to be a pleasant and quick experience has become so unpleasant that I put off the necessary work as long as possible to avoid the pain.
I filled out an online form with Filemaker which they never responded to. Interestingly, a few days later, I received a survey about my experience with their technical help. Needless to say, I gave them low marks.
There must be a way to manage a small non-profit easily-- I thought Bento would be the way. I guess I was dreaming.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've used this database since it was first released in 2008. I have a great need for a relatively simple database that runs on Macs and IOS devices. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Alfa_Romeo_fan
I love Bento and wish they'd continue supporting it. No key needed to use it anymore.Published 12 months ago by Amazon Woman
This product should be the "Access" equivalent included in the iWorks suite. Any trial versions of this product may need to be deleted first, and Bento will not open an... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Frank Walder
BENTO is fine. I read the guide and bought a "total answers" book. Problem is, I needed to be able to make address labels and use the Avery system to print out my mailing... Read morePublished 14 months ago by RJL
It is a good basic data base. I am sorry that it was discontinued. It was a really, really good product at a great price.Published 16 months ago by f3forever
Great Product. Wish they would still make and support the product.Published 17 months ago by Andrew James Gillespie