Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 25, 2013
All four of these movies are great! Mother Lode and Soylent Green with Edward G. Robinson are my personal favorites of the four. They are also nearly impossible to find anywhere. I like Skyjacked and Omega Man too. I think that Charlton Heston gave a wonderful performance in all of them.
on May 4, 2015
Charlton Heston is just a great actor in my opinion. He makes good movies great. I liked all but the Mother Lode which I really didn't bother watching all the way through. The others would have been pretty lousy if not for Charlton's presence. Omega Man must be the inspiration for `I Am Legend' (Will Smith) - so many similarities. Soylent Green with Edward G. Robinson is also a favorite. I like SciFi that is at least remotely plausible - special effects only need to be well done for its time. Getting a message across without special effects (Soylent Green) is also very good entertainment and it makes the mind work, not just the eyes. You won't go wrong with this 4-movie bundle!!!
on November 21, 2015
I love these four packs of DVDs. It is great value especially when the discs are the individual movies and not the cursed double sided discs. Omega Man and Soylent Green are the main reasons to buy this but I had seen both of those and actually found that Mother Lode and Skyjacked were the more interesting selections here. Both of these are little known CH movies that pack a lot of excitement and thrills. If you love and miss an American original like Chuck Heston then this is a can't miss purchase.
on March 6, 2012
I have to admit I'm prejudiced. Charlton Heston is my favorite actor, and what he does in this superb thriller is deliver a verryyy scarrryyy performance as a secluded mountain man who lives on the edge of insanity. I think he'd have Hannibal Lector for breakfast, given the opportunity. The suspense comes in from the two unwary innocents who, through misfortune, happen to make his acquaintance and as to just how they'll survive, if at all. Saying more would be to spoil the fun so I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this excellent film, directed by Heston's son, Frazier.(who, for the trivia-minded amongst you, made his film debut as the Baby Moses in the 1956 TEN COMMANDMENTS !)
on March 25, 2017
You already know how good SG is. I am going to watch OM soon since I haven't seen it since Chuck was the ninth last man on Earth instead of THE last. The other two I will watch soon enough. The DVD arrived safely and intact and a cursory check found no problems. I f I do have something to report in the future I will update.
on April 19, 2016
For some reason I really got into this when I was a kid in the 80's. It actually got me in to spelunking for some reason. I hadn't seen it for at least 20 years and when I saw that it was available on Amazon Prime video I jumped at the chance to see it again. While it didn't hold up too well, I still think it's a good flick. Some of the plot elements I didn't really understand when I was 10, but watching it again with adult eyes proved interesting. Anyway it's worth a watch!
on July 16, 2014
This DVD was a special purchase for me because it has TWO of the most prolific sci-fi movies of all time - OMEGA MAN and SOYLENT GREEN. The interesting thing about these two movies is that when I sat down to watch them they were completely fresh. Of course, the implications in both movies COULD still really happen! SOYLENT GREEN takes place in 2022 and this is 2014 . . . We DO have some of the conditions on our Planet Earth that are displayed in the stories in the feature films. Charleton Heston was magnificent in both films - both Moses and Ben Hur delivering performances that warn of the sins and destruction of man . . . Outstanding!!
on August 13, 2017
Charlton Heston is an outstanding actor. Just remember "It's people...Soylent green is people.". These movies haven't really stood the test of time, but they are interesting nonetheless.
on November 12, 2017
The But for is that these have to be Heston's worst movies.Esp."Mother Lode". Get "Ben Hur" instead! Best movie ever.I did like Soyent Green and Skyjacked.
on December 24, 2013
I remember first seeing this movie on cable tv while on vacation with my parents and sisters in Florida, and it stuck with me all these years, but could never find it, until I came across an old VHS copy in a very remote locale in Alaska! Unfortunately, the tape was in very poor condition. So, when out of curiosity, I searched for it on Amazon movies and actually found it, I just had to watch it.
As far as a serious piece of film art, it is certainly not, but it has a singular mood to it that makes it worthwhile and compelling to watch. One should not have unreasonable expectations beyond this, and should just enjoy 'the yarn' quality, and, especially, the scenery... Kim Basinger is definitely very hard on the eyes, as well!
A unique movie worthy of a rainy night next to the fireplace with some single malt.