Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on March 29, 2014
I still have one of the older versions of this Air Cleaner. The front panel on the old one has 2 rings of holes for front intake, not just from the sides and bottom like the new one I just got to replace the old one because its' time had come. I just hadn't gotten rid of the old one yet.

The new one also hummmmms on low. The old one? On medium I'd hear it, on high obviously I'd hear it, kind of like a box fan on high - there is no getting away from that fan noise! But the old one I could put in my bedroom, put it on low at night and be able to go to sleep and not hear a thing. The new one I can't have in my bedroom at night, the hum drives me crazy - I have a combination of fluctuating hearing loss/everything's too loud (meniere's disease) that hits when it wants to.

While this is still a very good air cleaner, simple, direct, no ionizer or ozone (people with heart or breathing problems should NOT be around those things and imho they just don't do much but put a weird smell in the air) and this does help keep the dust down in the part of the 100+ y/o house I'm living in right now. I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to tune out the hum when the unit's on. It helps cut back on tedious dusting, helps keep the inside of my computer cleaner, helps me breathe a little easier, makes the air feel and smell a little fresher. So that's all good. I just hate that 3M is charging this much for something that appears to be a fairly simple appliance and has managed to cheapen the building quality of it - while keeping the price up.

Filters ... no you won't find filters for these in the stores, that's been a problem for years. Get them here or look for fast filters ;) and do vacuum your filter when you vacuum your room (do mine once a week to once ever other week depending on how I'm feeling). It'll help extend the life of your filter and help keep any at least larger dust/hair/whatever out of the Air Cleaner and out of your house.
on January 20, 2015
If you can't stand the noise air fiilters make this is the ONLY FILTER you will TOLERATE! Seriously on low it's very quiet and even on high the sound has a relatively soothing quality. I've had a bunch of air filters over the years and this one is the only one I like. It's also a great size / shape, and doesn't have overly bright leds. It more or less stays out of the way and does it's job - well! And unlike the usual scenario replacement filter media is not priced in the larcenous bracket. The first machine I had broke after a few months. The switch - which is a cool design, but which also feels a bit flimsy - stopped working. 3M did however ship a new machine without the usual corporate request for a blood sample. It took a while, but this machine is definitely worth it.
on July 5, 2013
I've been using this air purifier for over 6 months now and absolutely love it. It runs constantly and keeps my room dust and allergen free. I have bad allergies and would always wake up with a stuffy nose. Since using this product, I've had no stuffiness when I wake up in the morning ( I use this in my bedroom). It's really quiet and when I first bought it, I would check it thinking it wasn't on. The filters only need to be replaced every 3-4 months. While the filters are a little pricey - you get what you pay for. I've noticed a huge difference with cat hair and dust (or a lack of!) in my bedroom. I am going to buy additional units for the rest of my house. I absolutely love this product.
on December 1, 2014
I like that i can get down to 1 micron particle filtration.

However, it's noiser than I thought it would be. I have a small room so I got the small unit.
1st level is weird wobble type noise. Not very loud but the oscillation / repetative frequency / cycle can be annoying - so I have to turn up the TV volume to drown it out.

Level 2 and 3 the strange wobble noise is not present but at those speeds it not very idea for night time sleeping.

I like paring this unit with a time so I can schedule it during the day when I'm not home or schedule it to turn on before I can get home.
on March 29, 2013
What I like most about this product is that it can be operated at a relatively quiet speed, as there are a few operating speeds to choose from. Well designed and very effective, it has already reduced the ambient dust levels in my living room. The replacement filtrete filters are a bit more expensive than I'd like, but I've been able to order them in milti-packs, which works well having two machines.

These machines are simple and don't have a lot of moving parts, which helps them last longer and require less servicing than other more expensive air filters.
on February 17, 2014
Tried most on the market for allergies and dog dander (I have two dogs).This leaves the air crisp and clean, is quiet and the filters are readily available. They now make a larger size, but this is perfect for my apartment.
on February 23, 2015
I purchased this air filter in the hopes of using it in my bedroom, however, even on the lowest setting this filter was considerably louder than many other filters I have owned, including Honeywell. Not the air noise, but the motor hum. Cheap quality motor. I ended up just sticking it in my laundry room.

Just look at it. The filter sits behind the cover. Any air or dust has to go through the tiny crack between the main body and filter cover. This design is garbage. I left the cover off which fixed this, but still.
on June 9, 2015
I purchased for my wife (significant allergy problems in the DC area) and we put it in her office. It has made a SIGNIFICANT difference in her ability to breathe well and function. The office is about 14 x14. I highly recommend.
on March 15, 2015
No air cleaner that does the job is silent. However, this one is as close as it comes. I have respiratory issues which my hubby's smoking makes worse. Bought this for the bedroom (no smoking in the b/r) and it has really made a difference in my sleep. On medium speed, it is almost unnoticeable. Does a great job, no smoke smell from the rest of the house in the b/r. Also helps with the issues from my 4 indoor cats, 2 of which sleep on the bed. Wish I had bought this sooner.
on March 30, 2014
I ordered this air cleaner to reduce dust and help with allergies, but although it is kind of quiet, it still produces a noticeable hum, even at the lowest setting. So unfortunately I can't keep it on at night. Does anyone know of an air cleaner that is really quiet? Or is that impossible?