Discover powerful video editing for DV, HDV, and AVCHD. Final Cut Express 4 delivers a single, open format Timeline where you can edit all three, mixing formats and frame rates using the same pro-level editing tools available in Final Cut Pro. Import video projects directly from iMovie '08. Take advantage of LiveType to create dynamic, animated titles. Built-in audio controls let you mix up to 99 audio tracks—even add a narrative voiceover. Perfect your movie with professional transitions and effects, including optional third-party FxPlug plug-ins.
Edit like a pro. Final Cut Express 4.
- Edit quickly and precisely with professional, flexible editing tools
- Mix and edit DV, HDV, and AVCHD video in a single Timeline*
- Watch effects in real time thanks to RT Extreme with Dynamic RT
- Import iMovie '08 video projects with cuts and cross dissolves
- Precisely adjust the animation of any effect or transition using keyframes
- Achieve the look you want with a robust suite of color correction and image adjustment tools
- Work with built-in filter effects and third-party FxPlug plug-ins
- Easily create sophisticated, animated titles with LiveType 2.1
- Mix up to 99 audio tracks with built-in audio editing tools
In the United States and Canada, new registered users of Final Cut Express 4 receive 90 days of complimentary software installation support via telephone. In addition, Apple offers a range of support options, including AppleCare Professional Video Support, which provides one year of direct access to Apple's Professional Application Support team. For more information about AppleCare video support services, visit www.apple.com/support/products/provideo.html.
Edit on the road with a MacBook or MacBook Pro. In the studio, do your editing on an iMac or Mac Pro with a fast Intel processor. Equip your Mac Pro with an ATI Radeon X1900 XT or NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 graphics card for faster rendering of FxPlug filter effects. Then connect a second 20-, 23-, or 30-inch Apple Cinema Display and edit videos full screen.
*AVCHD video requires a Mac with an Intel processor.