Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 322 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 423 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 19, 2016
Ah, Final Destination 5. If I had to rank the movies in order it would be: 2, 1 and 5 tied for second, 3, 4. And if you're going to watch this, get it in 3D, as it was shot and made for 3D.

If you've seen Final Destination, you know what to expect here. This time, the intro premonition takes place on a bridge. That's all you need to know. However, what follows that will have you on the edge of your seat.

The first major death involves gymnastics. Who knew one *single* rusty nail on a balance beam could be so damn nerve-wracking? The suspense of that scene builds up to unbearable levels until you finally get to the first awesome "accident".

The second major death will probably have you debating getting LASIK, like, ever. Since I've had LASIK surgery, this scene was a bit over-the-top for me, and I could stomach it. For those that might want to get it or thinking about getting the surgery, get the surgery *before* watching this movie. That's all.

The rest of the movie I will leave you to be surprised. If you follow the series and have seen all the previous movies, you will get one hell of a surprise ending. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

This is a must-watch in 3D. And don't forget, watch for signs in real life! Recommended.
on August 28, 2016
I rented this because I was not even aware a fifth movie existed. I thought the fourth one was it because it was titled "The Final Destination". I will give the director and involved major credit for not giving away any solid visual cues that let people know what this film truly is. Going into the movie, you are just really in it to see what tragedy a group of people evaded and the ways Death was going to get what was due. It was interesting to see Tony Todd as Bludworth come back for this film as he was not in the third and fourth installments. His presence and his warnings felt familiar. If by chance you watch this and feel it is the same ole, same ole, please hang in there until the end.

For those who are into pop culture and authenticity, there will be things in this film that will irk you. Just be aware, adjust, and pay them no mind so they don't distract you.
on November 12, 2014
This was the best of the Final destination movies because it neatly wraps the series in a clever way. The deaths by 'accident' are just as gruesome as some of the previous but it is a modern horror movie, so it is expected. But, this film has a clever aspect to it that makes it stand above the previous films. The film's premonition receiver is Sam Lawton (Nicholas D'Agosto), who desperately tries to save the victims and his love, Molly Harper (Emma Bell). The casting is very good in that they characterizations are believable: Nathan Sears (Arlen Escarpeta), Peter Friedkin (Miles Fisher), Dennis Lapman (David Koechner), Olivia Castle (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood), Isaac Palmer (P. J. Byrne), and Candice Hooper (Ellen Wroe). There is a new spin in that one of the characters, Peter believes that if one of them kills somebody else, they can escape the curse. The ending is clever and crucial to the series so i will not give it away. Hint, there is a plane involved.
on October 20, 2016
I love this movie for a lot of reasons and some I cant disclose without ruining it for all of you who have not seen it, but it has all the gore and suspense you have come to expect from the first four movies but I cant think of any other movie series that has the outstanding twist at the end that will have every fan going "wow" because no one saw it coming...at least I did not, which is rare and I love that.
on February 18, 2017
This is a really fun movie. I've greatly enjoyed all the Final Destination movies especially this one since it's set in Vancouver BC....a place that just a guy from Oregon loves even more than Oregon. The movie scenes from Lion's Gate Bridge are really spectacular ( I have walked across that bridge. ) and I highly recommend them to FD lovers. Lots of people die in lots of way until Death gets his way. I'm hoping for #6 soon.
on July 20, 2016
The last in the"FINAL DESTINATION" SERIES & BEST●ION My LG 4K,65"3D projected 100%better than wen I saw it at the theater >in Imax" crappy visionary flat3D●I bought the 4th in the series,only released in Red/Blue 3D for TV viewing●But yet,was shown in 3D at the theaters●WtHell's,that about???
on September 9, 2014
I went to see F D 5 at the theaters the 3-D was the best I've seen to date. I've read a lot of the one stars and most was about the DVD it self not the movie which I don't blame them but those that buy or rent knew what the movie would be about going in. In my opinion this one is the best yet lots of action there is always one of them that didn't die that wants to kill the one that kelp him alive, so why did the one star rent or buy in the first place? Just don't make sense. Could it be they knew it would be bad and wanted to give a bad review to call the five stars stupid to rent or buy?
on August 3, 2013
This instalment of the Final Destination series is more than worthy, it redeemed it! FD4 was really disappointing on so many levels, but this one was exciting and had great thrills and death scenes in it. The added dimension of the psycho killer was great as well, making us wonder if by killing someone we are intervening in death's plan or fulfilling it? Do we steal 50 years or 10 minutes?? It was great, because it made it harder to determine what was going to happen next.

There were hints throughout the film of what the ending was going to be, so for me there was no surprise in that, but my partner was shocked, so I guess some people might not see it coming haha. Definitely worth watching, I'm glad they made this one, instead of leaving the franchise on the depressing low left by FD4.
on January 13, 2013
So many of the 3D movies today are not shot with 3D in mind, they are adapted for 3D like the re-release of Titanic. This was shot to be viewed in 3D which makes a world of difference.
I use a 3D projector on a large pull down screen. Not too many movies feature things that jump out towards the viewer. Mostly, the 3D effects add depth (when viewed at home). This film does utilize things that jump out at you on your home 3D hardware.
In the final minutes of the movie they show short segments of all the previous editions of this series, set to music, like a 3D horror music video, a really nice feature.
I think this is the best in the five film series. Plus it features one of my favorite actors, Tony Todd playing the role of the coroner.
This is the story about a group of office coworkers from a N.W. USA papermill taking a team building excursion via a large bus (like a Greyhound bus), the bus along with other traffic is halted on a large suspension bridge due to highway construction on the bridge. The bridge collapses sending the bus and dozens of people and cars hundreds of feet to the large river far below the bridge. One worker has a vision of the impending collapse then urges others to get off the stopped bus before the disaster even starts. Few people heed his warning. Like so many disaster films the worst part is the predictability of the deaths of the characters. Those being the most annoying people tend to live the longest and die the most bloody and painful deaths. Aside from that feature this story is one of the best in this horror series. I hope they keep making more and keep up the 3D use too.
on January 14, 2016
Final Destination 5 was a very good horror flick and it was a great conclusion to the series so if you haven't seen any others..Its best to watch them all in order. More fun that way as well. This series is GREAT for all horror movie fans!!