Truck Season Automotive Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 20, 2013
If you're working (or aspiring to work) as a writer in Hollywood, you have to have Final Draft. It's a given. That said, even though one has to use it, I do wish they would improve it. In some respects, it's cumbersome and annoying. But the studios use it, so one has to, as well.
2 people found this helpful
on May 2, 2013
I love the download--I got this instantly and was able to download it to my 2 laptops. I'm still figuring out all the functions, but it's a great program--keeps everything very organized and well formatted. If only it would read my mind and type in the words! Haha!
2 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2013
I bought this to download and install on my MacBook Pro 15" and my son's MacBook Pro 13." I'm running OS 10.9.1, and he's running 10.8. Specs require "10.6 or higher." Every time (4 times now) I try to download it, I get the .dmg file; but a window pops up, titled "Amazon Software Downloader" with the message directing me to "double-click the image below to continue downloading." ONLY THERE'S NO IMAGE on which to click--just white space and my cursor won't turn into the hand icon. I am out $130 just before Christmas: this is a gift for my son--I read reviews praising it to the skies asserting the users downloaded it to more than one of their Macs, so I bought the download instead of spending $200 on the physical version and taking the real chance it won't arrive by Dec. 24. I assume that Amazon has no valid downloader for OS X Mavericks. I'm hoping I can download it to my son's Mac running Mountain Lion, but not holding my breath. And I have to wait at least 12 hrs. for Amazon's tech support to get back to me. (Return the stupid drones, Bezos, and spend the money on 24/7 tech live chat support operators like other web vendors in this century).
on November 26, 2013
Excellent! This software is everything you would need for writing screenplays. I've used it to write a screenplay and now in the process of writing another. Makes the whole process of formatting very simple.
on January 31, 2012
I'm learning that Final Draft is the industry standard for screenwriting or even just short video writing, and it's easy to see why. It's purpose-built just for that task, with common script elements built in as well as help with formatting and common issues like that. But it is kinda tweaky every once in a while with things like text page breaks and display issues. Nothing major, but just enough to make you stop and wonder what's going on.

My only other complain (so far) would be that the keyboard shortcuts to screen elements aren't very intuitive for me. I might be off on this being fairly new to the craft, but it seems like they could make it a little quicker to select different elements without having to remember: "Was Dialogue command-3? Or 4?" Things of that sort.

Overall it's been very easy to use and even let me import a screenplay I'd created in another application (after converting it to .rtf), and it did a fairly decent job of reading the formatting from that. So yes, I'd definitely recommend it. But it could also be improved upon.
on May 18, 2014
VERSION SEVEN WAS SO MUCH LESS COMPLICATED! 8 is very user unfriendly for novice computer users/play writers. Garlic Bud review ...it stinks. hope you can produce a version for those of us who were not born with computers attached!
on July 17, 2013
I've used Final Draft for 9 years, and it just keeps getting better. I will not use any other program to write my screenplays.
3 people found this helpful
on April 15, 2014
I bought this and have had more on my plate then I would like and have not been able to really use it…but I can tell it is an extremely good tool.
on July 17, 2014
Great product!
on April 26, 2011
Great version of FD. They never disappoint. If you have a movie, TV, play or just story in your head FD will help you get it on paper. Download and let your imagination have fun!
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.