Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 19, 2014
Final Fantasy III was originally not released in the US, along with II. However, II saw a release with Final Fantasy Origins on the PlayStation 1 with the original Final Fantasy, and also on Game Boy Advance. This DS release is the first time the American audience has seen, and it's quite a good one. Like the first two games, you only have 4 characters, but III originated the Job system. You unlocked different Jobs, or Classes, for your characters as the story moves along, and you end up with quite a few different options for your party. You start out with the original 6 Jobs from the first game, Warrior, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage, and Monk, and eventually you have 23 to choose from. Being able to mix and match your characters' abilities is nice, as your party is never predetermined.

The music is fantastic, as always with a Final Fantasy game, and the graphics are quite nice for the DS. Also, the game is fairly difficult. If you're not a fan of leveling up your characters, you won't get far in this game.
on August 24, 2017
I'm a huge Final Fantasy and rpg fan.
Never played this before.
Just started and it looks great.
Looking forward to alot of fun and grinding.
Should keep me busy.
Finished the game. It's not as hard as people say it is. Beat the final boss without any problems.
Had a lot of fun. I recommend this game!!!
on November 16, 2011
I find Final Fantasy 3 on the DS to be very enjoyable. The battle system, equipment system (ability to have weapon and shield or weapon and weapon is a superb feature), and the job system are all top notch. The controls are just fine and navigation around and in the world is as well. Final Fantasy 3's graphics bring the game to life: in-game and the opening movie are aesthetically pleasing. Even though I didn't use the zoom-in and out feature of the camera that much, it was still cool the couple of times I used it.

When playing a RPG, I want to have a good story. What makes for a good story? I think purpose and character development make for a good story. Final Fantasy 3 gives you a purpose for playing the game, but lacks in character development unlike the Final Fantasy games I am used to (Final Fantasy 7 was the first final fantasy game I played...I know, I know, I'm young - I was 11 when I played it and it was new). Does this cripple the game? No, not at all. The game is still enjoyable - it's fun, but overall it could have been better if the story had more dialog and character development.

The difficulty is normal. I had trouble on one boss. What did I do? I went up a couple of levels, then squashed him. If you try to rush through the game, by rush I mean not leveling up in between castles\dungeons\etc., you will find yourself *stuck* because honestly, you can't rush through the game. Anyway, the fun part of RPGs is the leveling up or beefing up your characters.

I highly recommend this game.
on November 20, 2017
JUST WHAT THE KIDS ORDERED.
on July 6, 2017
this game is fun. simply, classic, and addictive. Let me put it this way...its like reading a book but only you play it. Keeps me wanting to read more ! lol.
on October 16, 2016
Just started after completing Bravely Default. Graphics sux; once you die, you start over again. Also, the supported Wi-Fi connection does not support modern protocols.

Still, it is an older game and decent for its play value. I'll update again after I've completed the game.
on October 30, 2017
Easily my favorite in the entire series; the customization for the party along with a remastered OST based on the original FFIII makes this worth every penny
on January 9, 2007
Final Fantasy III is a very enjoyable game. I really enjoyed very much the number of jobs the game offered. I found it to be very very fun switching around the jobs and leveling up my characters and their job levels. The graphics I must say are very very nice. I found them to be quite pleasing. The music is also fantastic. Loved the music. Oh and i must add that the opening cinema at the title screen is wonderful...i oohed and aahed at it.

The game is also difficult at parts. There are certain places in the game where you should just level up by beating random monsters for a while before facing some bosses. And another difficult aspect is that there is only a finite number of phoenix downs (items that revive your character)...you CANNOT buy them at stores. But there are revive springs in a number of towns that revive your fallen characters for FREE ^_^!!

So yah...difficult game especially at the end!...but loved it very much!!
on September 7, 2016
The game was amazing. I'm not a big fan of Final Fantasy, but this game has wonderful graphics, easy controls, puzzles, and a new format for the Final Fantasy franchise.
on January 16, 2009
First of all, I must say that Fnal Fantasy III is without a doubt one of the most visually impressive games on the DS console. The opening FMV sequence will make your jaw drop! And the character designs are fantastic!

The soundtrack in FF3 is very well produced, as well. There are some really great and memorable tracks throughout the game. Final Fantasy III also presents a satisfying challenge, even to long-time RPGers like myself. There are some challenging bosses in this game.

Whether you are a hardcore RPGer, or just occasionally pick up an RPG, you can't go wrong with this title (especially for the price!). One of the best RPGs on the system, hands down.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.