Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 19, 2014
Final Fantasy III was originally not released in the US, along with II. However, II saw a release with Final Fantasy Origins on the PlayStation 1 with the original Final Fantasy, and also on Game Boy Advance. This DS release is the first time the American audience has seen, and it's quite a good one. Like the first two games, you only have 4 characters, but III originated the Job system. You unlocked different Jobs, or Classes, for your characters as the story moves along, and you end up with quite a few different options for your party. You start out with the original 6 Jobs from the first game, Warrior, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage, and Monk, and eventually you have 23 to choose from. Being able to mix and match your characters' abilities is nice, as your party is never predetermined.

The music is fantastic, as always with a Final Fantasy game, and the graphics are quite nice for the DS. Also, the game is fairly difficult. If you're not a fan of leveling up your characters, you won't get far in this game.
on August 24, 2017
I'm a huge Final Fantasy and rpg fan.
Never played this before.
Just started and it looks great.
Looking forward to alot of fun and grinding.
Should keep me busy.
Finished the game. It's not as hard as people say it is. Beat the final boss without any problems.
Had a lot of fun. I recommend this game!!!
on November 16, 2011
I find Final Fantasy 3 on the DS to be very enjoyable. The battle system, equipment system (ability to have weapon and shield or weapon and weapon is a superb feature), and the job system are all top notch. The controls are just fine and navigation around and in the world is as well. Final Fantasy 3's graphics bring the game to life: in-game and the opening movie are aesthetically pleasing. Even though I didn't use the zoom-in and out feature of the camera that much, it was still cool the couple of times I used it.

When playing a RPG, I want to have a good story. What makes for a good story? I think purpose and character development make for a good story. Final Fantasy 3 gives you a purpose for playing the game, but lacks in character development unlike the Final Fantasy games I am used to (Final Fantasy 7 was the first final fantasy game I played...I know, I know, I'm young - I was 11 when I played it and it was new). Does this cripple the game? No, not at all. The game is still enjoyable - it's fun, but overall it could have been better if the story had more dialog and character development.

The difficulty is normal. I had trouble on one boss. What did I do? I went up a couple of levels, then squashed him. If you try to rush through the game, by rush I mean not leveling up in between castles\dungeons\etc., you will find yourself *stuck* because honestly, you can't rush through the game. Anyway, the fun part of RPGs is the leveling up or beefing up your characters.

I highly recommend this game.
on May 22, 2009
FF3 is one of three games telling how the crystals came into being and how they are threatened. IV is the first to move away from this direct storytelling, i say direct as in not "a joke" or "stupid" as some have pointed which bothers most real gamers who played in the 1980' 1990's and are not so spoiled as kids now. The main plots are strait foreward, but a good start to more grandiose stories later on, as in 4 or 6 and the sucessors to them. As with anything you -start- with a simple plot and work up to the big stuff. The "3D" graphics are spectaular for a gameboy anything but the characters are cutzy dolls and look girlish though i ignor this and play the game for it's dialogue and gameplay element. Even if animea is compelled to draw thier male leads as girlie, they could at least make them less so than these(particularly "Luneth" who I call "Lameth") In the case of these "paperdolls' I would have just kept the original way. The "Avatars' (portraits you never see) are good, just the "figurines" are lame. This game is like FF5, you use "Jobs" to distinguish one PC from another. Yet in FF5 you can (sometimes, not all) compliment one job while taking another, not here, a warrior who was once a thief, for instance, cannot steal, no matter what level a thief he was until he returns to that profession. Thier is no use in switching jobs for a unique ability otheer than doing the task at hand, as in shrinking yeilds nothing unless you are a mage, not a fighter. Fighters can't do well at 2" tall magic works the same at any height. This is good, though for some odd reason changes during Cecil's rein in FF4 where "toads" and "Pigs" fight pretty well against "giant flame lizards" or what. though this is a recap, plotwise, of FF1,and 2 it is still interesting in how you carry this out via quests, and subplotts, a good game element not in storybooks. It's not what you do that is interesting it is HOW you do it! FF1 was merely wondering around a huge ridiculously laid out map for citys to find quests in about the crystals, ff2 was a bit more complicated in these quests, now you have most characters having agendas, not just "Larry Darrel/Darrel(an old joke from us 1980's gamers). Each of the four adventurers as well as most key NPC's have a big agenda(teaching the value of live and let live), they are not just there for the player. That, more than the main plot is what makes FF3 a good game and set apart from FF1/2. RPG's don't need a particular plot just good way of telling it. the graphics i won't go into, as that is not what truely makes a game, though they are nice, it is odvious they are very good and better than the original even better than the original ff4/2 which for 1990 was spectacular!
on January 24, 2007
I've played this game in English and in the original Japanese (even though I don't speak or understand Japanese). I absolutely love it. It has the feel of an old-school Final Fantasy game but with amazing graphics that would impress anyone. I will admit that I had more fun playing it in Japanese than in English because I didn't understand most of what was going on and every new item, weapon, spell, etc. was an adventure as I tried to figure out what it did. =)

If you are a "new" Final Fantasy fan, you may be a bit put-off by the amount of time you need to spend to really make your characters amazing. You may also be a bit frustrated with the segmented and predictable plot. Modern Final Fantasy fans (who started playing the games at or after 7) are just too used to the complex and multi-layered plotlines of the modern games. However, those of us who have been dedicated since the Nintendo console games will love the timeless crystal story, the linear plot, and the job system that makes the game wholly customizable. If you were a fan of Final Fantasy 5, you will definitely love this game. The jobs are different and the gameplay is a bit more simplistic, but you'll see a lot of the things you loved about 5 in this game- with better graphics and the ability to travel diagonally.

If you're a casual RPG player, you also may not appreciate Final Fantasy 3 as much as a die-hard enthusiast of the series. While the graphics are cute, the game doesn't have the finesse of most modern RPGs. There are lots of hidden treasures, random encounters galore, and a noticeable lack of many side-quests that modern RPG players enjoy. However, this is a great remake of a classic RPG and those who can appreciate that will enjoy it immensely.

One of the fun, minor aspects of this game is Mognet. In each town, you can talk to a Moogle who will connect you to the Nintendo Wi-Fi network. From there, you can write little messages to other friends who have the game. Part of this fun of this game, for me at least, has been finding and making friends with other FF3 players. As a side note, we had no problems setting it up with our existing home wireless network. I simply configured the settings on my DS lite and can access it no matter where in the house I'm playing. The little notes from other players really add another level of enjoyment.

To put it bluntly, you simply cannot pass on this game if you are a true, hardcore Final Fantasy fan. It's a canon, mainline game and very well done. In my opinion, it is even worth getting a DS just for this game.
11 comment|Report abuse
on July 6, 2017
this game is fun. simply, classic, and addictive. Let me put it this way...its like reading a book but only you play it. Keeps me wanting to read more ! lol.
on October 16, 2016
Just started after completing Bravely Default. Graphics sux; once you die, you start over again. Also, the supported Wi-Fi connection does not support modern protocols.

Still, it is an older game and decent for its play value. I'll update again after I've completed the game.
on March 26, 2013
I must admit, I ordered this product thinking it would be the game I grew up with and loved. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the FF3 game I used to play is now called Final Fantasy 6. I urge people to make sure they are ordering the correct version (this one has four characters, the main one being Luneth, rather than Terra and Locke and the gang). It is a very fun game, though. As with all Final Fantasy games, it is somewhat difficult to figure out exactly what is happening without using the internet to find out what your next move is. Over all, fun game, good graphics, interesting plot.
on October 30, 2017
Easily my favorite in the entire series; the customization for the party along with a remastered OST based on the original FFIII makes this worth every penny
on January 9, 2007
Final Fantasy III is a very enjoyable game. I really enjoyed very much the number of jobs the game offered. I found it to be very very fun switching around the jobs and leveling up my characters and their job levels. The graphics I must say are very very nice. I found them to be quite pleasing. The music is also fantastic. Loved the music. Oh and i must add that the opening cinema at the title screen is wonderful...i oohed and aahed at it.

The game is also difficult at parts. There are certain places in the game where you should just level up by beating random monsters for a while before facing some bosses. And another difficult aspect is that there is only a finite number of phoenix downs (items that revive your character)...you CANNOT buy them at stores. But there are revive springs in a number of towns that revive your fallen characters for FREE ^_^!!

So yah...difficult game especially at the end!...but loved it very much!!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.