Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2017
I really enjoyed playing.
The graphics are very nice. I liked the voice acting.
I played the original version many years ago. Known in the U.S. as final fantasy 2.
Even if you played the original and enjoy old school turn based jrpg games this is a must buy.
Challenging but not hard.
Not the best Final Fantasy but very well worth your time.
There is replay value too.
on May 23, 2015
FF series just keeps getting better and better! FF4 might be an old game, but the DS version has crisp graphics, great voice acting, and even mouth movement during cuteness! It may seem like a small thing, but it helps you feel more immersed in the game. During cuteness, there are sound effects too, like Cecil's armor, and footsteps. These are big changes compared to FF 3. Combat has a wait system now, and there is even movement in the enemies! They are more detailed too. The music is great too. There are several memorable characters, and without spoiling anything, there are times when you feel emotionally tied to some of them too. All in all, one of my favorite early FF games.
on May 16, 2015
A lot of people will be turned off buy this version of the game's difficulty. I grew up in a time when games were all difficult to an extent. All I can tell people is the game is really not as hard as everyone makes it out to be, it just requires time, and patience. Final fantasy 4 in my opinion has one, if not the best final fantasy stories out there. Anyone who is a fan of this series should def give this game a try, and if your are really having a hard time you can always pick up the strategy guide here on amazon to help you out. I'm not gonna spoil anything for anyone who hasn't played the game before, but give it a try you won't be disappointed.
on November 13, 2016
I've played most of the Final Fantasy games, and this one is...well, an early final fantasy game. If you enjoy classic JRPG's, then this is another solid addition to your collection. It's a long game, and I remember thinking I was almost done when I was actually barely past the halfway point. It starts off with a good level of difficulty, but eventually reaches the monotony that tends to be typical of turn based/grindy games. The plot starts of strong and has some good moments, but gets a bit ridiculous. Still, it was a very fun game overall.
on August 14, 2016
This game, along with Pokémon Sapphire, was a pinnacle of my childhood. I am overjoyed to see this classic remade with stunning graphics and amazing video cutscenes. Each time I play I get wonderful deja vu, whether it's seeing what happened to the twins as they sacrifice themselves to save us or simply flying around the underworld. The remake truly is a treat.
on December 25, 2012
SNES. DS. iOS. If there's a gaming system that ends with S, you're sure to find FF4 on it.

You probably already know the storyline. A man turns from darkness to the light in order to save his country, his planet, and so on and so forth. Even if you didn't play any of its many iterations yet, you've played something like it. Final Fantasy 4 was that influential and that prototypical. If it feels like you've seen it before, you probably have; it's left its footprints in virtually all JRPGs since.

The DS version is basically the exact same thing as the original SNES version... except it's actually HARDER. I've been a gamer for decades now, and this game eats my lunch repeatedly! The original was tough, but this one is freaking nasty. The only other real change to the game, other than the beautiful and scene-stealing graphical upgrades which are worth the price of admission alone, is a weird kind of job skill system, where you're able to add one or two skills per character, giving them some new abilities. For example: your paladin can use healing items at a much stronger efficiency, or your monk can block others from taking harm in battle. Honestly, it's not that interesting an addition, and could have been left out entirely.

As for the game itself, it's a gem. It's the video game version of a classic novel. Don Quixote on cartridge, a silicone Sybil, waiting to be discovered or rediscovered, one of the pinnacles of the JRPG genre and one of the very best video games of all time. The only question is, do you need yet another version? This one? The original? The new iOS one?

My answer would be simple: get them all and enjoy them at different times, in different places. It's like when a novel is made into a movie, then made into a TV show. Who's to say one is more worthy than the other? Well, I say it's a great game. I say it's one of the best ever. I say get it immediately and I'll see you in about 80 hours when you're done.
on May 8, 2014
I've been a fan of the Final Fantasy series since the mid 90's... I remember playing Final Fantasy II (IV) on my Super Nintendo, and it was a great game overall. When I learned that Square released it on the Nintendo DS, I knew that I wanted to play the game again. What I didn't realize was that the game was given a 3D overhaul in terms of the graphical presentation, and I was pleasantly surprised as to how great Cecil and company looked in 3D.

I won't go too much into the story since you can simply find it online.

The music is great to listen to even after nearly two decades. The graphics are great.

I know there's also a Vita version of the game as well, but the characters are re-done, but done so with a 2D look, as opposed to the 3D presentation on the DS.

Overall, great game, I can't wait find the time to actually get past the first 10 minutes of the game... :\
on June 30, 2017
Received the product in a timely manner and in perfect condition. This game is very fun and worth the money. I played this on Playstation years ago and I love the DS version even more! It is mostly like the Playstation version only with several tweaks. If you are looking for a game to entertain you and this catches your eye, I would personally recommend it.
on August 1, 2011
I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, but I had never played IV before, either as II during the SNES days or the re-release for the GBA (there was one of those, right?). This new DS remake is a gem, though. I wasn't terribly impressed with the DS remake of III, mostly because I didn't feel that it had much of its own personality and the story and characters were kind of flat, by modern standards. This game remedies those problems with the inclusion of cutscenes with voice acting at all of the major points in the game, and it really does a good job at driving those scenes' emotional impact home. I'm totally hooked on the characters and story, which is unusual for me with the earlier Final Fantasies.

As far as game mechanics go, one of my favorite features is the ability to customize the battle menu for each character. You can rearrange or remove not only main commands (Attack, Black Magic), but you can throw specific spells/skills on the main menu as well (Fira, Esuna). I love that I don't have to have Attack on the top of Rosa's list, and instead I can get straight to Pray or Cure with just one press of a button.

Another nice addition is Auto-Battle. Press X during a battle, and your characters will automatically carry out certain assigned actions until you press X again and cancel Auto-Battle. This came in handy the other day when my little cousin wanted to try the game. I set it to Auto-Battle and had him walk my characters around while they did the fighting and leveling up for me. The only other time I might use this feature is if I'm eating something greasy and I want to put my DS down while I wipe off my hands or somethin'. Hey, a game's snackability is important!

I'm also loving the Augments you can collect and give to your characters. This gives them new abilities, often the abilities of other characters who are no longer in your party. I have a killer setup right now where Cecil has Draw Attacks and Counterattack, so he takes damage for my team, then strikes back right away. I love little strategies like this.

I'm really enjoying this game so far. A great purchase and a great game from a series I love.
on January 4, 2017
Hands down a great classic game that was released on the Super NES as Final Fantasy II. I would recommend any Final Fantasy head to pick up a copy. They also made a few changes to the game mechanics and added some cut scenes... this is a must buy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.