Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on June 8, 2013
One of the nicest things I have found about the game is the way it's easy to pick up and start playing, even after long breaks from the game. You can set it aside for several months and then pick it up again and be able to jump right back into playing- there's no figuring out where you left off in the story and where you need to go next. You just head on over to the nearest city pub, select a quest, and off you go!

The ability to save and quit during a battle is also a great feature, making those sudden interruptions that life will through at you much easier to deal with. And then when you turn the game back on, you get a quick refresher on what you're supposed to be doing in that battle (final goal, combat laws, automatic bonuses).

If there's a downside to the game it's the fact that things can get repetitive, especially over long sessions of game play. There's a few things that you can do besides the quests, such as a crafting system and trying to win all the surrounding regions at auction, but it's not enough to break up the cycle of accepting quests, deciding if you want to do them yourself or if you want to send someone else to do it, and then battling it out when the time comes.
on December 14, 2017
It's a turn-based tactical RPG. Still fun for an older game. With the little time I have to play it day-to-day, I'm sure this will last me a few years.
on October 30, 2017
awesome game. after playing FFT, I wanted to continue the chess-like strategy.
on August 9, 2017
Great game especially if you enjoyed the original on the PS1.
on December 8, 2009
I won't get into a long, comprehensive review on Amazon. People are paid to do that at places like Gamespot and IGN, among others. Moreover, I am only hours into the game. But I will comment briefly on my experience so far.

I'm a long-time Role-playing game (RPG) fan, and the original Final Fantasy Tactics for Ps1 sparked my specific interest in Strategic RPGs. Unfortunately, this seems like a niche market. where choices and variety are few. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance was an exceptional strategy game for Gamecube. However, other Atlus-style strategy RPGs served only to disappoint me.

I'm only 8 hours into this game, but I am happy to say that Final Fantasy Tactics A2 seems to capture the essence of the original Final Fantasy Tactics, at least from a game-play perspective. The presentation and story both seem slightly more juvenile and cartoon-like than the original Tactics, but are probably consistent with the "Advanced" series. Besides, not every story needs to be as dark and foreboding as the Ps1 Final Fantasy Tactics. This seems to be a light-hearted romp, so just prepare yourself for that before buying.

I give this 4 stars because it doesn't strike me as an epic and ingratiating story, and while the game is engrossing, it isn't quite sucking me in as other games do - particularly excellent strategic RPGs. In summary, this would be an entertaining gift for a teen who likes trying RPGs, most Final Fantasy fans, or any micro-manager who owns a DS.
on September 26, 2010
Final Fantasy TA2 is a great game with many days of play in it. There is a 16-quest long story with many characters dropping in and out of your clan throughout. Yes the storyline is a bit forgettable but the game makes up by having 400 quests to complete. The game-play is amazing from the battles to the auctions to the scenery and background.

The controls are good but not great. the stylus controls are awkward and take some getting used to - after using a command when you didn't want to many times. Using the buttons is incredibly simple though the isometric view is bit confusing as to which way is "up"

There are over 50 classes in 7 races for you to chose in between your clan of 24. Every class has its own skill set that makes it more powerful against one type of enemy. There are side quests that allow you to add special characters with jobs only they can use to your clan.

Overall Final Fantasy TA2 is a great game with some awkward features.
on August 22, 2015
I was a big fan of Final Fantasy Tactics, but this game was not fun for me at all. The system have changed completely, and now you're just wandering around doing quests. I thought I Wouldn't mind this, until I realize that there is no excitement in just simply jumping from battle to battle if there's no purpose. It feels like an endless grind, which is why I stopped playing long before I finished the game.
on April 9, 2017
perfect
on July 25, 2008
This is a nice game and to me improves allot in comparison to its predecessor on the gameboy advanced. The graphics are nice and smooth and there are tons of features and job classes to sink into as well. My only complaint is with its ridiculous law system. The laws sometimes state you cannot cause more damage that set amount or your not allowed to miss a target. I mean its a little absurd. Another thing I am not happy about is the fact that random battles do not occur to help you train through the classes and get your characters stronger for quests you want to take on. The last thing I am disappointed with is the fact that you cannot keep monsters you tame in Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSOne you could not only capture monsters to join your team but level them up to become advanced versions of themselves and sometimes you would even get them to breed and you could raise new ones to help you fight in battle. But I guess allot of my disappointments arise from the fact that I really really liked the first Final Fantasy Tactics and nothing has come close to reviving its glory.
on November 4, 2016
Love the tactics style games. Wish this one was more like the first one in tone (this has a more 'kid' feel to it, like the one for the GB advance) but if you want jobs, items, classes, strategy RPG moving your guys around on a map and all that, this is what you want.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.