Final Fantasy VII: Remake - PlayStation 4
- EXPLORE A DARK & ECLECTIC WORLD – Dive deep into the heart of the neo-noir metropolis of Midgar; This retro-futuristic city comes to life giving players access to re-envisioned locations and new districts; What secrets will you uncover
- GENESIS OF A RESISTANCE – See how some of the most iconic characters in gaming began their journey; Discover their deep back stories and master each of their unique fighting styles to find success on the battlefield
- CHOOSE HOW YOU WANT TO PLAY - FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE features a hybrid gameplay system that merges real-time action with strategic, command-based comba
- UNLEASH A CUSTOMIZABLE ARSENAL - Gain the upper hand against Shinra by unleashing spectacular Limit Breaks, powerful magic, and otherworldly summons; Customize your characters by equipping materia and upgrading your weapons to unlock hidden abilities
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE
A spectacular re-imagining of one of the most visionary games ever, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE rebuilds the legendary RPG for today.
The first entry in a multi-part saga, delivering a level of depth inconceivable for the original. The world has fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet's very life force as mako energy.
Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra's elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to the group, unaware of the epic consequences that await him.
A spectacular reimagining of one of the most visionary games ever, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE rebuilds and expands the legendary RPG for today.
The first game in the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE project, delivering a level of depth inconceivable for the original. Mind-blowing story, unforgettable characters, epic battles and technical excellence collide.
The world has fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet's very life force as mako energy.
In the sprawling city of Midgar, an anti-Shinra organization calling themselves Avalanche have stepped up their resistance. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra's elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to the group, unaware of the epic consequences that await him.
1997, 2020 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA / ROBERTO FERRARI LOGO ILLUSTRATION: 1997 YOSHITAKA AMANO FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
EDIT: Have to do an edit as there seems to be tons of misinformed fans commenting on MY review. Did you catch that? MY review. Not yours. You all seem upset that you don’t agree with me but yet you comment on my review and not make your own. Not sure the need to comment at all. But to clarify a few things.
- Very few articles exist of Square Enix mentioning anything on this game being in multiple parts. The trailers and public information out there mention NOTHING about multiple parts. Square Enix even went as far as to NOT mention it in the title of the game. Every single game EVER that is multiple parts says so in the title. This should have been called Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1. How hard is that to do? Instead it’s written in EXTREMELY small print on the back of the game. In my opinion this is purposely hidden. Again, in my opinion Square Enix dragged their feet for many many years on making this title and you can show in the quality of the final product. Took them longer than the original and you get 10% of the original. What a joke they should be ashamed of themselves.
- For those that keep saying it takes 40+ hours to beat and you get your money’s worth, etc. etc. You guys haven’t played the game. I beat the game while doing most but not all of the side quests in a little over 20 hours. The game is like watching a movie and is EXTREMELY linear. It is one set path almost the entire remake. Every time you try and go somewhere you want to you are greeted with either LOCKED doors or nag screens that pull you back into the one set path. What a joke. There is nothing open world about this Part 1 Remake.
- The game struggles to maintain a 30 FPS lock that is set for the game. Tons and tons of years making and optimizing the game and it runs choppy more than I would like. There is no reason especially on a PS4 Pro this game doesn’t run at 60 FPS. I’m sure some will say you don’t need 60 FPS, etc. etc. But when you are use to buttery smooth games elsewhere than you notice the hiccups frequently in this. It runs like a beta build way more than it should. Like 20 FPS if you’re lucky at times.
- The game is so easy even on normal that you don’t need to grind at all. It’s like an anti-grind Final Fantasy. Leveling up doesn’t really matter at all and like I said above you literally just watch a movie most of this game.
- The characters they added to the remake are easily forgettable and cheesy. It feels rushed and like added fluff.
So, would I recommend this game? For maybe 10-15 bucks on sale it would be worth it just for the decent movie parts here and there. But as a Final Fantasy 7 Remake. No. Midgar is boring, repetitive, and extremely linear. This game feels like an after thought and a cash grab from a game that should have been completed in a year. For all the haters leaving comments on my review you most likely agree but just are so disappointed by the game from all the years of excitement you just almost pretend that this is a worthy remake when you know it’s not. I wish some smart folks would make a fan remake and release it and I promise it would be wayyyyyy better than what you receive here.
Final note – Given the remake is in parts and simple math it will take 20-30 years to get your FULL REMAKE and if they are like the first remake part 1 or whatever they are selling this as you will get 60 hours total of linear, almost non-playable movie for your 200+ dollars it will cost you to get there. LOL.
Yes, it’s still too early to judge it, which is why I didn’t call it garbage yet, but if the basics are not fun then I don’t see myself changing my mind. The visuals are absolutely fantastic though, but again, that’s all they’re good at. SE need to make games based on what they’re good at. Something about it is not FF7. It’s like a shallow, but beautiful clone. Not shocked though, I’ve stopped trusting SE. it just bothers me that most people don’t see how shallow their games have become.
I will re-rate once I get this resolved.
Top reviews from other countries
Muy buen juego!