- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Piggyback; Standard ed. edition (March 9, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0307468372
- ISBN-13: 978-0307468376
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 0.7 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (258 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #46,208 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Final Fantasy XIII: Complete Official Guide - Standard Edition Paperback – March 9, 2010
Windows 10 For Dummies Video Training
Get up to speed with Windows 10 with this video training course from For Dummies. Learn more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The book is divided into six main section and an Index:
- QUICKSTART - things you need to know as you start the game and for the first few hours of play.
- WALKTHROUGH - the bulk of the book (over 120 pages). It has all the maps, all the scripted encounters - and much of FFXIII is tightly scripted. It's a good thing to have whenever you get stuck and discouraged. The authors promise that spoilers were kept to a minimum.
- STRATEGY AND ANALYSIS - here you get hints on tactics and strategy, hidden games mechanics are covered, everything there is to know about the Crystarium and Paradigm features. It's page after page after page of illustrated data that help you get insights on how to develop your character and how your team is likely to perform under various paradigms. I can't say that I understand all the graphs and charts at this time but I expect to visit the chapter more and more as I advance deeper into the story.
- INVENTORY - every item you equip affects the outcome of the battle and this chapter has it all, complete with tips and with the mind-boggling charts where dozens if not hundreds of items are analyzed and evaluated. In addition, each character's weapons are analyzed separately.
- BESTIARY - If you didn't know, it turns out that there are 240 monsters you are likely to meet and here you can see exactly what they look like and what their strengths and vulnerabilities are.Read more ›
A+ best I've seen in about 18 years of hardcore gaming.
That said, this guide still carries forward all the things that were good about the Brady guide: there is beautifully-printed artwork, thorough documentation, well-organized sections with easy-to-find page tabs, and an emphasis on teaching you without talking down to you. The only thing I find lacking is that some features might be more useful as tear-out references (or fold-out maps, as the skill table in FFXII was managed in the Brady guide) If you want a companion to your gaming experience, I recommend the Piggyback guide: they got it right.
|Length: 2:29 Mins|
This is a guide for Final Fantasy XIII
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The guide is great!!!!! To bad the game is the worst final fantasy ever...Published 14 days ago by James N. Orr
Great extra for those wishing to complete the game at 100%.Published 2 months ago by Katharine Shaver
I really enjoyed using this guide, and found it to be very helpful. The layout is very clean, they make good use of the space they have on the page, and I found the walkthrough for... Read morePublished 2 months ago by TAllstun
fantastic, love it, everything as described and delivered in a timely fashionPublished 2 months ago by sirpaulallen1