Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 688 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 875 reviews
on April 7, 2015
I read this book when my mother passed away and it was great. I loaned it to a friend so I had to buy another now that I am caring for my brother who is terminal. This book is such an easy read because it is full of stories and most people would identify with at least one or more of them. The stories and the explanations from the authors really help you look for "signs" and listen to words that may give you insight into a loved one who is passing. The book also offers questions to ask your loved one who is passing that will lessen confusion for them and give them a more peaceful passing. It has stories about several faiths as well as agnostics so most people will relate to at least a few of the stories. Highly recommended for helping you and your dying loved one.
on November 2, 2015
This book is excellent. My mother (a retired RN and hospice nurse) recommended it to me when a friend of mine was terminally ill. Written with love, compassion, and great depth by two hospice nurses, it explores the special ways dying loved ones communicate: what they are feeling, seeing, anticipating. The insight is so helpful for those who are being left behind.

I keep a copy on my bookshelf and another on my kindle; and I have bought dozens of copies over the years to give away.
on September 18, 2017
I purchased this book in 2013 when my husband was dying from brain cancer. But it wasn't until this morning, after lending the book to a co-worker whose father is near death, that I decided to come here and submit this. This book helped me immensely while dealing with my husband in the final stages of his life. It made me stop and listen and look for clues as to how to help him. This book gave me the ability to calm and sooth my husband when he was struggling with his inability to understand what was happening to him. Through the myriad of stories in this collection, I found the help I badly needed and the words that my husband needed to hear me say. So when my co-worker left my desk just now with tears of thanks in her eyes, I figured it was high time I wrote this review. I can't recommend this book enough.
on May 7, 2017
I read this book on the recommendation of a friend who said it had greatly helped her as a caregiver during her father's terminal illness. I can see why: written by two hospice nurses with 20 years' experience helping terminally ill patients and their loved ones, it's an insightful and very practical work that takes much of the mystery out of the process of dying and offers advice that, if followed, can significantly improve communication between the dying and their caregivers and/or family members, to the emotional benefit of all concerned. With several seriously ill loved ones in my life right now, I plan to use my copy of this book as a reference and guide when the time comes.
on September 9, 2016
I purchased and read this book in preparation of my fathers passing. What I learned turned out to be invaluable. I feel I was able to truly able to connect with my dad in the way and at the time he needed to be able to say goodbye.

If you're at the place where you're looking for insight and information on this subject, get this book.
on March 15, 2017
Wonderful book for helping understand the many stages a patient goes through while suffering a terminal illness. It really was an interesting read and I found it quite inspiring. I highly recommend this book.
on September 7, 2016
This helped me after the death of my father. Now my aunt is fighting cancer. This book not only helps loved ones left behind but I think it can help anyone feel more at ease (if that is possible) facing death. You get clarity that your loved one is always with you.
This book came as expected.
on November 21, 2015
Fantastic book. My father-in-law was dying and this book truly woke me up to actively listen to what he was saying during the death process. At one point he asked me what his next assignment would be. At another point asked when his dad (deceased) was going to pick him up to go to the ballgame. We have to realize that these comments aren't just made because they don't know what is going on because they honestly do. They are in their own reality that we don't understand and won't until it's our time! I truly felt this opened my eyes to a small part of his experience. I was given a special gift by reading this book.
on April 5, 2017
Excellent read for those who have loved ones nearing the end. Wish I had gotten to read this much earlier. Now I give it to family & friends. Makes it easier to understand some of the journey. Good to look up end of life signs also.
on September 16, 2015
For anyone who is a caregiver to a parent or anyone else, this book is unbelievable. My husband and I took care of my mother and unfortunately no one told us about this book until after she passed away. Since we don't know when our loved ones will pass, you should read this as soon as possible so that you know the wonderful signs God gives us through a dying person. It is unbelievable what they can tell us while they are still alive. I highly recommend this book. The hospice nurses who wrote this are such wonderful, kind people! The wonderful nurses that helped take care of my mother were incredible. Thank you Hospice!