Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Finally Awake
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$8.99

on June 21, 2007
Seventh Day Slumber's new album "Finally Awake" is Christ worthy rock that I believe any Christian rock fan is going to love.

1. Awake 10/10 - This is a very heavy and solid rock track. The vocals are spot on, and the guitar will totally rock you. The lyrics have to do with peer pressure, and trying to look like someone else instead of yourself. Wonderful song.

2. Last Regret 7/10 - A metal fashioned lament, woeing the singers lost years without Christ. A good strong melody, and wonderful guitar save this song, as the vocals resort to screaming more than once.

3. Missing Pages 10/10 - Wonderful tune. This is the CD's main radio hit, and it shines. Basically this song speaks out to lost people who have built walls around their hearts and souls.

4. My Only Hope 10/10 - Great rock song about Christ being our only hope. One of the heavier songs on the album.

5. Always 9/10 - Great acoustic drven ballad.

6. Breaking Away 10/10 - My favorite ballad on the album. The change from verse to chorus is amazingly unique, and the lyrics are so encouraging. "Breaking away, from everything that's hopeless, the world ahead looks wonderful today."

7. Burning Bridges 10/10 - The next great fist pumper on the album. I like to listen to this one cranked up.

8. Undone 10/10 - A wonderful ballad that finds the band crying out to Jesus, asking for restoration.

9. On My Way Home 9/10 - Yet another great ballad.

10. Broken Buildings 10/10 - Heavy rock set to a punk beat and a major key, I love it.

11. Every Saturday 8/10 - Great closing number, not as great as "Breaking Away" or "Undone" but a good slow song to close the album.

Overall this is a great CD that I hope you get the chance to enjoy.
on May 2, 2007
I had the pleasure of seeing these guys perform at a local church and they were amazing!! They, especially Joseph, the lead singer, have such an amazing passion for the Lord and they make that known in every song, but without making it too corny. Awesome rock songs that when you sing along with them you really are praising the Lord. I highly recommend this CD to anyone, Christian or not.
on December 2, 2011
Wow. What happened, guys? If you're familiar with their heavier material or even their authentic, well-written ballads ("Oceans from the Rain", for instance), this album will disappoint. I listened to this with some hope, based on other reviewers' assurances that this album was more consistent than their previous efforts. To be sure, it is consistent -- consistently uninteresting. The only two enjoyable songs on the entire album are "Missing Pages" and "Undone", and they work because their structure, tone, instrumentation, and passion create something that is a unified whole. That can't be said of the helter-skelter approach to the other songs.

Worse, "Missing Pages" is the odd man out on this album. The lead singer's sorrow-choked tone appears in no other song, and the other songs rarely reach the gut-level honesty displayed here. The other nine songs are trite reformulations of radio-friendly safe music. Conviction is M.I.A, if not K.I.A. With this album, SDS begins down the long road to sellout CCM stardom blazed before them by Kutless.
on January 6, 2013
I love Christian Rock, and have heard just about all the well-known groups and own their albums...Kutless, Skillet, Red, Disciple, and Seventh Day Slumber. Out of those, Seventh Day Slumber is the CD I reach for most. I own Finally Awake, Once Upon a Shattered Life, and Picking up the Pieces, and they are all great.

Finally Awake is their 6th album, released in 2007. Their message is the same as all the other groups' speaking the love of God, Jesus' role in forgiving our sins and setting us free, and the healing and restoration that come from a life with Christ. The group is names after Genesis chapter 2, where God rested after creating the world. The way it's delivered is awesome. It's not obnoxious or annoyingly overbearing. There is a nice balance of rock and contemporary blended together, just like Kutless. If you like that kind of music, some hard rock, but also some peace in between, then this is the group you will want to listen to. The band is made up of Joseph Rojas (guitar, vocals), Jeremy Holderfield (guitar), Jamie Davis (drums), and Ken Reed on Bass.

The album starts with Finally Awake, a loud, well-written piece with crashing guitar riffs, excellent vocal execution, and very nice percussion. There are some great lyrics as well, and the message is really neat. The album focuses on the life faced by everyone, especially young people, the issues they deal with every day in the world; addiction, abandonment, rejection, peer pressure, and the trend to be someone you are not. Finally Awake speaks to the issue of trying to be someone you are not, to stop looking to others or the world to define who you are, and find yourself, your identity in Jesus Christ, who defines who you really are. All of their prior albums are awesome. I haven't listened to the brand-new stuff, but I'm sure it's still good.

I love this group and they are my favorite artists for rock. I'm an old-school rocker, and as a Christian, love bands that can deliver the type of music I love and integrate the message of hope and peace from a life with Jesus. If I could, I'd give it 10 stars!
on July 18, 2007
A little heavier, and all around a little more even. I'm liking this cd alot more than the last two. Never really been a big fan but this album makes me reconsider. Best song is without a doubt Awake but there's lots of winners on here.
on November 9, 2014
In trying to recapture the magic on the previous album SDS treads the waters of the uninspired void of CCM. Where this formula sounded fresh and convicting on Once Upon A Shattered Life here it sounds unconvincing and begins their descent into bland, redundant and generic lyrics and musicianship and they are capable of so much more but hey, at least they are making music unlike yours truly.
VINE VOICEon April 10, 2007
'Finally Awake' is a very good rock album.

Many of the songs contain powerful guitars and drums with a rather hard rock sound. Some of the tracks are a bit mellower. All contain positive lyrics with a Christian theme.

Seventh Day Slumber is never one to shy away from referring to God or Jesus in their music. This collection is no exception to that.

Some of the songs that are very good include the following: Awake, Breaking Away, Undone, On My Way Home, and Every Saturday. I particularly like 'Missing Pages'.

As an aside, if you have not seen this group in concert, they would be a great one to catch. In addition to their very enjoyable music, the lead singer, Joseph Rojas, has a very powerful testimony that will make an impression on anyone.

I recommend this album. It is a good one for anyone. Harder rock fans will particularly like it.
on March 27, 2008
I first heard the song Awake on the radio and of course had to immediately purchase it for my IPOD. It was great. Then I sampled the entire CD and purchased the entire thing right then. I typically listen to Chevelle, Seether, and the like but Seventh Day Slumber forced me to take a whole new look at Christian Rock which I haven't listened to in almost 10 years. There are a lot of great bands playing in the Christian arena and they are equal to or better than most of the secular music out there. On a side note: as a parent trying to monitor what my kids are listening to, I feel great they can still rock out while listening to a great message that doesn't include gratuitous sex, exploitation of women, or other current trends in this modern-day, secular world. I highly recommend the album to anyone that likes hard rock!!
on July 6, 2007
I had heard SDS's first two releases and thought that they were good, heart pumping rock. But I was not ready for this CD. With new producer, Paul Ebersold (Third Day- Wire) onboard, SDS has released a far superior effort to their first two CDs (and I liked those). The sound is bigger, the drums hit louder, and the guitars are fuller. The overall sound of the CD is simalar to Nickleback, but heavier. My one complaint is that most of the really good songs are at the beginning, but the whole CD is very listenable. Having seen these guys live, I am really impressed with their ministry. They are one of the few bands that don't put out that "Rock star" vibe. All in all, a very good hard rock CD. It stands up well against their mainstream counterparts.
on August 23, 2007
Gift for my Granddaughter and she loved it.
Arrived on time and in excellent new condition.