Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on December 5, 2016
With Finally and Forever, Katie Weldon jumps into a plane next to Eli and heads to Africa on an adventure of a lifetime. While I enjoyed seeing and hanging out with Katie again, I did feel like their romance was quick, but then again, Eli had been praying for Katie for over a year now. Katie's emotions seemed really quick in my opinion. While I enjoyed seeing Katie happy, I think Gunn could have spent more novels exploring the Katie and Eli relationship. But the characters are like good cup of coffee, rich, creamy, and comforting just like I like my stories. Since I do adore these characters and their stories, I still rate this book pretty high and recommend them to everyone.
on September 1, 2012
I have purchased over a hundred books on my ipad using the Kindle app, and this is the first time that I've been compelled to write a review. To be honest, I'm actually sad that this saga is over. I grew up reading the Christy Miller series, her journey with Todd, and ultimately their college and subsequent marriage. I was thrilled years ago to see that Robin launched a series for Katie, since I often felt that her personality sometime over shadowed the lead characters. After reading the 3rd book, I waited in anticipation for the author to close Katie's chapter.

She didn't disappoint. From Katie's journey with Christy in Escondido, Europe, Rancho Cordova University, and now Africa, I felt that her journey towards her future was perfectly captured. Eli is by far the best match, and I'm so happy that I was able to witness her culture shock, discovering her passion, and ultimately coming to terms with the compromise between her and Eli. It was even interesting to witness her interaction between her ex-high school boyfriend and his role in her future.

My only critique about this book, is that the last few chapters were mostly about Katie discovering her way. I've noticed that Robin tends to do this in both her Christy and Katie series. The lead character spends the last few chapters soul searching and then the ending feels rushed in almost the last few pages as she reunites with her SO. Since this is the last Katie book, I would have loved a little more detail about Eli's process (I love his no muss no fuss way of thinking) and how he reached his conclusion. We got clarity from Todd in the Christy Miller series and I would have liked it with Eli, who is probably tied now (in my esteem) with Todd.

I know that will probably not see another Katie book, but hopefully Robin will throw her and Eli together during a future series.
on March 6, 2017
All of Christ Miller Series and the spin offs from them / are great. They are inspiring so see that young adults can put God first and make Him the center of their life.
on December 5, 2012
I've been reading Robin's books since middle school, starting with the Christy Miller series. I was beyond excited when I saw that she had written the college series and Katie Weldon series more recently.
I loved how Katie grew and changed over the years. Like many other girls, I grew up with Christy and Katie, and felt their experiences and life lessons mirrored in my own growing pains. This whole series was fantastic and I thought the ending was just right. I don't like endings to be too clean, neat and expected; but I also like happy endings and that is exactly what this is. Like the rest of the series, there is plenty of humor, real-life drama, and heart-felt lessons about God, people and ourselves in this book. I always cry at least once in every book Robin writes. She just has a way of touching the deepest part of your heart with truth, and I think that is a gift from God. Highly recommended!
on October 31, 2013
Moms, don't miss out on some awesome bonding time with you teen (13+).
Start with the Christy Miller series and move onto the Katie Weldon and Sierra Jensen series that are birthed from the Christy Miller series.
My daughter and I would read a few chapters separately and then discuss what these gals were learning through life experiences.
The books equipped both of us for how to handle those same situations. And it was fun to meet a young man and whisper "he's a Todd" or a "God lover". You'll have to read to understand.
Moms, you will love the read as much as your daughter!
on February 6, 2014
My 16 year old daughter has said this was her favorite book and has read it several times. It is the last book in a series so I recommend getting the previous books first. Just look up the author and find out the names in the series.
on July 17, 2016
Robin Jones Gunn is my favorite author how she writes and connects a majority of her books together is amazing. The last installment of the Katie Weldon is no exemption. For those who have been cheering Katie on since Christi Miller series will not be disappointed :)
on December 8, 2012
I really enjoyed this book. I have to say, I have been reading these books since the Christy Miller series in high school, and I love that Gunn's characters from her different books all exist in the same universe, and there is so much overlap. I liked Katie's love story especially, and I enjoyed the descriptions of the different African scenarios. It's uplifting to read romantic stories that aren't all about sex, and that Katie strives for purity in her relationship is accurate considering her faith.
on July 6, 2015
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was the first book that I read by Robin Jones Gunn. When I realized that it was actually the last book in the Katie Weldon Series, I had to go back and read the other 3 books. I really enjoyed the characters in the book because they were relatable.
on February 12, 2013
I loved this book!!! What a great ending to the Christy Miller Series then ending with the Katie Weldon series! This book was a great final to the romance of Katie & Eli ("Goatee Guy"). I bought it on Kindle for PC, and loved the ease of reading. Another FANTASTIC book by RJ Gunn! :)