BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on September 14, 2012
I am going into business with a friend to open up bed and breakfast. This book, out of all of them, focuses squarely on the nuts and bolts on how to open a bed and breakfast. It comes with a CD containing forms that would be needed for operating your bed and breakfast.

This book is loaded with pithy details aimed squarely at operations. It exposes many issues that you might not think of when planning your business, which I believe is a tremendous advantage in developing your plan. Everything in this book goes right to the point, starting with the worksheet to assess whether you are actually a good candidate for opening this type of business, and continuing on to topics of interest such as marketing, guest services, kitchen operation, integrating computers, and so forth.

I bought this book as a gift for my partner since he will be doing most of the legwork in opening the business, but I was so impressed with the book that I purchased the Kindle version for myself so that we can be on the same page as we work through the details of opening this business.

This book is aimed at opening a bed and breakfast in the United States. Our B&B will be abroad, so some sections of the book do not pertain. Nevertheless, this book is an invaluable tool for anyone contemplating this type of business.
on May 6, 2014
The information in the book was exactly what I was looking for, as someone with no experience in hospitality industry. Very clearly written and understandable. The only negative side to the book was that it was a little old and outdated as to the technological advancements of recent years, but the basic information you need is in this book.
on April 6, 2014
I would recommend this book to any one who wishes to go into the Bed and Breakfast business. The advice that is offered in the book has clearly given me all the necessary ideas to make my business a success. One thing that is very encouraging, is that one has to acquire all the attributes of a good manager by adopting the skills of good management, communication and friendliness to keep in business.
on October 14, 2013
This book has so much valuable information! It lists many helpful websites, some of which are out of date, but you can simply google the organization to find it. Some however, no longer exist. This book is great at pointing out lots of things you don't even think of when considering a business like this. However if you are only at the Business Plan stage you won't use everything.
on February 17, 2015
this book is really outdated.... at some point they refer to "Dial up" as a means of connecting to the Internet. Total waste of money!
on January 25, 2014
Love the author's approach to the subject and it is an easy read in layman's terms. Lots of good information and very helpful for thsi new B&B owner!
on March 1, 2015
very informative
on December 3, 2014
good read
on November 9, 2011
This book looks quite interesting, and I was looking forward to reading it, but I have never in my life seen any book with type so tiny. The font size appears to be half that of other books on my shelf... I mean it's small. I am not sure I'll really be able to read this book due to the small font size, though I plan to try reading it in small doses. I can't imagine why they would have done this. Honestly, I would have been happy to have paid a little more for the additional paper that would have been needed to use a readable font size. I can't really rate this as it is so hard to read (so I have not read it), and content doesn't do much good if it is a struggle to see it. So the star rating has nothing to do with content.
on December 3, 2009
Nice book, a bit out of date. My real problem is the letter size, not easy to read...