- File Size: 478 KB
- Print Length: 55 pages
- Publication Date: March 7, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007IJZW5Y
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,989,007 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #6263 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth
- #7889 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- #13145 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth
Finding Joy in Depression Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Amanda has chosen to step out and shout her story from the mountaintops (or, at least, from the pages of this book); and, in so doing, she is ministering to every person who picks up this book. To me. To you. To anyone who is willing to read it. Because maybe you don't personally deal with depression - but surely you know someone who does - or maybe you will someday.
This book is divided into two parts. The first part is Exposing Depression. In this section, Amanda shares what depression is, the various stages of admitting that you are experiencing depression, and ways to deal with it. She shares her personal story, causes and symptoms, and factors that may play into depression. The second part is Taking Care of You. As the section title suggests, Amanda shares ideas on the best ways to take care of yourself - diet, exercise, Bible reading, rest, etc.
The chapters are short and easy to read. At the end of each one, Amanda has added a "Finding Joy . . . " section that includes a few questions for you to ask yourself.
By the end of the book, you'll likely feel differently about depression. You might even realize that you've been dealing with depression, but didn't know what it was. If nothing else, you should realize that depression isn't something to be hidden - it's ok to talk about it, and it's ok to experience it.
She shares her story and provides great insight on how to truly live...in this world frought with hard times!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth