Finesseur Precision Digital Food Scale for Kitchen Silver Tempered Glass
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Your search for the best food scale ends here. Be sure to hold your breath - customers report this scale is so quick and so accurate that the air movement from a gentle breeze affects the scale reading. This extreme sensitivity is great news because your scale can quickly catch up with you as you add ingredients. And, it's especially helpful for recipes that require very small and precise measurements.
- The simple design of this kitchen scale is meant to be elegant. Your Finesseur digital scale is slim and compact, and is comparable to the size and thickness of a mini iPad - so storage is a breeze. But, you may want to leave it out, since it looks good on your kitchen counter.
- Starts with whatever unit of measurement you were using before you shut it off previously, so you do not need to re-enter your preferred measurement unit every time. The large platform surface can hold a variety of different bowls and plates. There are no grooves in the tempered glass surface, so cleaning is as easy as a single wipe. The bright backlit LCD display makes measurements easy to read.
- Intuitive design makes reading the manual unnecessary. Wait a second or two after pressing the "Tare" button, the scale will reset back zero. With Tare, you can weigh all your ingredients in just one container. Plus, by giving the 'unit' button a gentle touch, you can navigate through American pounds and ounces as well as Metric grams. You can now follow your favorite Italian fresh pasta and French pastry recipes without having to recalculate the amounts.
- We know you cannot touch or feel through your web browser. But, as you order now, you're protected by our full 1 year 100% satisfaction guarantee. So, take full advantage of our guarantee and test out your Finesseur food scale at home. Send us an email via Amazon if you are not completely satisfied, and we will process your refund within 24 hours, no questions asked.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Etekcity||BIGFLY||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||EatSmart Products|
|Item Dimensions||5.9 x 9 x 0.6 in||0.71 x 7.09 x 5.51 in||7.48 x 9.84 x 3.54 in||1.75 x 8.25 x 6 in||8.6 x 11.25 x 2.12 in||6 x 8 x 1.8 in|
The secret to cooking and baking like a pro
We've all spent hours following a new delicious-sounding recipe, only to be disappointed by the first bite. What happened?
Recipes are developed through a lot of trial, error, and fine-tuning. So, to get the right taste and texture, you need to measure each ingredient in precisely the exact amount your recipe calls for.
But, according to King Arthur Flour, the oldest flour company in America, "a 'cup' of flour can weigh anywhere between 4 and 5 1/2 ounces. And the cups themselves can legally vary up to 12%." Measuring cups are hardly better than guessing.
In contrast, weights don't vary. So, a high quality food scale helps you confidently measure exactly the correct amount of each ingredient. You'll enjoy every bite from your delicious, perfectly prepared recipes.
Simplify cleanup and spend less time doing dishes
You only need one container to weigh all your ingredients. Simply put your container directly on the weighing platform. Then, just press the TARE button to zero out the weight reading before adding the next ingredient to the container.
Take control of your health
Studies show that by simply looking at food, we can't accurately judge portion sizes. We can easily eat double the amount we should, without even noticing it. Weighing meals helps us track and understand our nutritional needs and adopt healthy eating habits.
The best food scale for your kitchen
- Sleek, durable tempered glass surface: clean with a single wipe
- Units perfect for American and international recipes: lb:oz, g, fl.oz, ml
- 11lb/5kg capacity, accurate to 0.1oz/1g
- Smart 60 second auto-off feature to preserve battery life
- 2 CR2032 batteries included
Your complete satisfaction is our top priority, and your investment is backed by our full 1 year 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Cooking is this easy with your Finesseur kitchen scale. Order yours today!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've been using the Finesseur scale for a few weeks now. It starts with whatever unit of measurement I was using when I shut it off. The light stays on so my old eyes can see. The scale seems to quickly catch up with volume as I add to my bowl or container. I start my morning in a positive way. I'm also finding that I enjoy the aesthetic aspects of the scale. It just looks good on my counter. My son will enjoy the OXO, I'm keeping the Finesseur.
One caveat concerning this scale is that there was a little learning time involved in mastering the "Tare" command. I kept pressing it and nothing seemed to happen. I'd get different numbers, but no "0." Eventually, I realized that I had to wait a second or two after I'd pressed "Tare" for the scale to adjust to zero. I read directions and that wasn't covered in the instructions. I still give the scale 5 stars, I'd give myself maybe 3 and a half.
So here is the problem. Sixty seconds is simply not enough time to measure ingredients. In baking bread, it turns out that it takes me more than 60 seconds to scoop out the weight equivalent of 2 1/2 cups of flour. I am right in the middle of tapping out the last few grams and the scale turns off. Now I don't know how much I have because it zeros out when I turn it back on. It's the same thing if you want to add multiple ingredients. You either have to keep tapping the on button over and over or it turns off in 60 seconds. This is completely unworkable for me. In researching replacements, I ran across the Oxo scale and that works the way I think an auto shutoff should. I stays on for 6 minutes. Then, if it turns off, it remembers your current status for 24 minutes, so you can tap a button and be right back where you should be. If this scale remembered its current tare settings for several minutes after the screen went dark, they could save battery life and not screw up your recipes. That would be the perfect scale.
Still, look at all the great reviews, so it is obvious that other people do not seem to mind this restriction. Maybe others use their scales for different things, or maybe I'm just really slow, but there it is. If this short timeout period isn't an issue for you, then you will be very happy with this scale.
A final note on the vendor, Piedmont Emporium. They say they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and they aren't kidding. I wrote them and said the 60-second auto shutoff was a problem for me and asked if there is a way to turn it off. They wrote back and said they were sorry I am unhappy and that they were immediately refunding my money, which they did. Heck, I wasn't even to that point in my own thinking yet. So if you have any hesitation about this scale and wonder if the vendor will really honor that guarantee without any complaint or hassle, the answer is yes. Excellent service!
I only wish that there was an option to set the display to stay on a longer time - sometimes I might take a little longer to finish adding an ingredient because I'm checking the recipe and the display will turn off and I have to start over. It becomes a little tense 'race against the clock' sometimes. Sure it's about conserving the battery life, but I'd rather just change the battery more often and keep it on longer so I can double check a recipe without the agita.