Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,518 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,705 reviews
on December 18, 2010
I'm an acute care nurse in a 500+ bed hospital. Finding a pulse oximeter that works is sometimes a nightmare, they seem to disappear off the machines or just in general do not work. I got this for a backup, and it works wonderfully.

1. It is comfortable on the finger
2. It has a neck strap and is relatively light enough to wear, however it is small enough for a scrub pocket
3. It came with the batteries needed :)
4. It is accurate
5. It has a self shutoff so as not to waste batteries

Overall I am really happy with this product

UPDATE: 1 year later, still love this product and it's still working with no problems.
UPDATE 2: It's been 6 years since I purchased this, and I still use it regularly with no problems.
2626 comments| 1,529 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The Sportone model SM-110 Pule/Oximeter from Santamedical says it is NOT a medical device. Regardless, it is a very useful tool for monitoring pulse and oxygen saturation. Comparing it to the one my doctor uses (at the same time - one on each hand) it is quite accurate and that matters to me. I got this one as a gift from my Brother who bought it here from Amazon like the one he uses.

The meter is quite small and light. It's comfortable to wear on my index, middle or ring fingers it stayed on in use well. My pinky is too small and it slid off more easily. It fit's easily into a loose pocket with or without the tiny ballistic nylon and spandex case it comes with.

The red readout is easily legible for me without glasses and bright enough for brightly lit rooms. It is not quite enough for me if out in direct sunlight without shade (as might be provided from your other hand if available).

The top reading is percent oxygen saturation. The one below is pulse. Oxygen saturation should be in the 90's. Preferably the high 90's for most healthy and/or young people.

Mine came with the aforementioned case, 2 AAA batteries and a nice lanyard/strap. My strap is now long lost as I never used it anyway.

This Pule/Oximeter does not have any negatives I have seen.

Accurate, Simple to Use, Small, Light, Comfortable and Inexpensive: the Sportone model SM-110 Pule/Oximeter hits all the right buttons for me and is worthy of 5 stars.

Hope this helps someone!

UPDATE April 24, 2017:
It's been 2 years since my Brother gave me the SM-110 and it's still working great for me. I've changed batteries (I think) twice in 2 years. I don't use it every day, but it seems like batteries life is pretty good. The SM-110 still has me fully satisfied.
review image
22 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2016
Works well. Displays readings clearly, lighted, highlighted, easy to read. Simple to use. Literally a two year old could operate. Automatically shuts off to conserve battery. Inexpensive but accurate as I've tested against several commercial units. Comes in a handy carry case. Case has lanyard and device has lanyard. Also has instructions if you need help pressing the one button on the unit and sticking on your finger. Like all purchases on Amazon the order process was easy. Received automated communications for order and delivery tracking. Item arrived ahead of schedule. Item is as advertised. I researched these items and found this model ranked in the top 10 of every rating. Only difference is they listed the price about a $100 more than what I actually paid for this item. Win win for me. I use it to spot check my stats. It works great for my purpose. I would buy this model again and I would buy from this merchant again.
on March 18, 2017
I was quite pleased with the unit I purchased. It's compact and easy to travel with and having the lanyards makes it convenient to use when I am walking or needing to carry it with me. I took it to my pulmonologist visit and compared it against the numbers they got for me. The calibration​ accuracy seems to be in line with the more expensive medical office units. That pleased me even more! I would purchase one of these again and again. And, the Santamedical name went a long way in my decision-making process when I purchased the oximeter.
on March 20, 2016
I am an EMT in 911 and private transport. I have not compared this to the oximeter we use at either of those jobs, but in my personal use it has proven to be very quick and seemingly accurate. It is very easy to use, the power button can be pressed either before or after you put it on the finger, and it will automatically shut off when not trying to get a reading. I will update this review when I get the chance to compare its accuracy against another unit.

The carrying case is great for keeping it safe in my pocket, and the two lanyards that it comes with are nice if you want to tie it to a bag or a belt loop. Wearing it around your neck is a little awkward in my opinion. I have actually bought two of these. I gave the first one to my mom after I was sure it worked, and bought another one for myself.
on March 15, 2017
I purchased two of the Pulse Ox devices and I use them for volunteer EMS and love them. For the money they work as advertised and since I don't need to upload/download information they are just what the (ahem) not-a-doctor ordered. No problems with the batteries and they handle the day to day shlepping around in a first aid pouch just fine. Recommended.
on October 26, 2015
Arrived early, item same as pictured, a lot sturdier than the ones at the doctors/hospitals, had no issues putting in the 2 AAA batteries that were included, came with 2 optional straps one for the device and one for the case, case is made from the same material as a mini-mag flashlight with a Velcro flap to keep it closed, device turns off automatically after not detecting a reading or you can press and hold the power button, easy to use read and operate, in fact I didn't have to read the instructions that came with it, I believe anyone that has seen one used will have no issues figuring it out, if you do maybe self care isn't something you should be practicing and you should think about hiring a home health care assistant (PCA). I would recommend this product to anyone that needs to or would like to monitor their health, and I would replace this device with the same should this one fail (given that it lasts a reasonable amount of time, only time will answer that question for me though).
on November 26, 2016
I purchased this in May of 2013 to casually monitor my BP and O2. I generally use it when exercising and for periodic daily spot checks. A few weeks ago I began to notice that I was starting to have some occasional erratic high heart rates (Higher and lower than usual). My cardiologist had me wear a Holter monitor for a few days. All checked normal. A started to see frequent snd persistent low heart rtes, not exceeding 55 bpm on the meter. Although I didn't experience any other significant symptoms, I went to my doctor's office un-announced to report my meter's readings. I was immediately given an EKG and was diagnosed with a third-degree atrioventricular block (AV block), also known as complete heart block. I was transported to the hospital in an ambulance and received a pacemaker implant the next day. If I hadn't been monitoring my heart with this pulse meter, I was told that I may have died in a few days. This device works well and has saved my life. The cost is reasonable (money well spent) , I highly recommend it and its daily use!
on January 6, 2016
After having pneumonia, I wanted a pulse-ox meter like the one I had in the hospital. I chose this one based on the reviews and because it was Prime, and I am very pleased with it. It has a big clear easy to read screen that can face either toward or away from you. It came with very thorough instructions that explained the scientific details of how it works in clear English, which I really liked, although you really don't need any instructions because it is so easy to use.

You just insert your finger and press the button to turn it on. Press again to flip the screen. Remove your finger, and it turns off automatically after a few seconds. It It also comes with a nice Velcro carrying case, a lanyard, and a lanyard for the carrying case.

My only complaint is the case is a little small and its easy to accidentally turn it on while inserting it into the case, which could potentially drain the batteries.

It runs off two AAA batteries (included.) It would be smaller/lighter if they used a watch battery or something like that, but then you would have to worry about replacing it, and everybody has AAAs on hand.
on October 16, 2016
Nice product, gives your pulse and oxygen readings.

Update 6 months later Deluxe SM-110 Two Way Display Finger Pulse Oximeter with Carry Case and Neck/Wrist Cord: I liked this product so much that I bought 2 more, one for my sister and one for my doctor's nurse assistant. One problem I have found is if you have acrylic nails it is hard to get a reading. This is not the products fault as I get accurate readings when my nails are not done. This is the perfect product if you are curious about oxygen levels after exercising.