- Save 25% on Navy Blue 13 - 13.3 inch Water Resistant Laptop Sleeve when you purchase 1 or more Fingerprint Reader offered by gigacity_amn. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 25% on Grey 13 - 13.3 inch Water Resistant Laptop Sleeve when you purchase 1 or more Fingerprint Reader offered by gigacity_amn. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 25% on Navy Blue 13 - 13.3 inch Water Repellent Laptop Sleeve when you purchase 1 or more Fingerprint Reader offered by gigacity_amn. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 25% on Grey 13 - 13.3 inch Water Repellent Laptop Sleeve when you purchase 1 or more Fingerprint Reader offered by gigacity_amn. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 25% on Black 13 - 13.3 inch Water Repellent Laptop Sleeve when you purchase 1 or more Fingerprint Reader offered by gigacity_amn. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on this item when you purchase 1 or more USB Mini Keyboard offered by gigacity_amn. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Mini USB Fingerprint Reader for Windows 7,8 & 10 Hello, PQI My Lockey 360° Touch Speedy Matching Multi Biometric fido Security Key
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fastest fingerprint identification in the world,recognizing your fingerprint within 0.15 second.
- Unique file encryption, lock your files in one easy step.
- Designed for Window 7,8 & 10 Hello, fingerprint password secures your personal data without the need to remember complex password. (For the driver download and user guide, please browse the PQI website or scan the QR code on the package.)
- 360°all-round detectable pad, more accurate and responsive than traditional optics.
- Every family member can enjoy fingerprint recognition and encryption, My Lockey enables setup up to 10 fingerprint IDs.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Mini USB Fingerprint Reader for Windows 7,8 & 10 Hello, PQI My Lockey 360° Touch Speedy Matching Multi Biometric fido Security Key
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||0.67 x 0.79 x 0.31 in||0.6 x 0.8 x 0.4 in||0.31 x 0.8 x 0.56 in||0.55 x 0.81 x 0.31 in||0.28 x 0.79 x 0.55 in||0.71 x 0.59 x 0.28 in|
Designed for the latest Windows 7, 8 & 10 operating system
Easy to setup*. Only 5 simple steps away to work with Win 7, 8 & 10.
Ultra-Fine Size, convenient to carry
Ultra small 4x10mm sensor, with only 8x8x16mm dimensions exposed when plugged into your laptop, you can enjoy your fingerprint safeguard anytime and anywhere
Data Encryption and Description in a second
Easy and prompt way to access file lock function, My Lockey protects all files with your fingerprint. You can lock and unlock multi-files at once.
Breath-sensing, precision algorithm, virtually impossible to duplicate
Featuring AI biological detection, breath-sensing and high precision algorithm to detect forged fingerprints.
Setup up to 10 fingerprint IDs
You may setup to 10 fingerprint IDs and for every fingerprint ID account, one can setup multiple fingerprints as IDs.
Certified by Fast Identity Online (FIDO) Alliance
PQI Fingerprint USB Dongle is FIDO certified, it is platform / system interoperable and meets modern digital data safety needs.
Dimension: 20.0mm x 16.5mm x 8.0mm
Interface: USB 2.0
Compatible OS: Microsoft Windows 7, 8 & 10 Home/Pro, meets Windows Hello Biometric Requirements
Status LED: Yes
Warranty: 1 Year
* For the driver download and user guide, please browse the PQI website or scan the QR code on the package.
Seller Warranty Description1 year warranty on parts and labor
Top customer reviews
I wanted to use this USB reader when my laptop was in its dock: the dock is connected to a Corsair Strafe keyboard which has a USB port that the reader would be plugged into. When undocked, the laptop would just default to its internal fingerprint reader
All of the following was done without even trying to use the dock/Corsair keyboard:
With my laptop on a fresh Win10 install and working perfectly with the internal fingerprint reader, I installed the USB fingerprint reader (directly into the laptop).
Drivers installed perfectly, and I was able to add a print to Win10 and unlock Windows using the external reader.
However, when I removed the USB reader, the internal fingerprint reader would no longer work. When the computer was locked, the option to unlock using fingerprint was no longer available. If I tried to add another print, Windows would not register a finger touching the internal reader. As soon I plugged the external reader back in, it worked just fine.
In the laptop's BIOS, it was set to "External -> Internal", meaning the external should take priority when its present, but default back to internal when it wasn't - I could never get it to default back.
The only way I could find to get the internal reader working again was to completely uninstall both the internal and external readers from Device Manager and restart the computer.
I tried all this using both the drivers Win10 auto-installed, as well as updated drivers I found online.
This may well be a Lenovo issue rather than PQI, but I just could not get it working for my particular setup.
Also, this device works perfectly with LastPass fingerprint login - I don't know why other reviewers have said it doesn't. You need to subscribe to Premium, install the LastPass binary component, and enable fingerprint use in the account settings.
UPDATE: In working with Lenovo, who worked with Synaptics, who issue the drivers for PQI, it appears the drivers available from PQI/through Windows 10 are out of date which is causing the above conflict. Apparently we need v5.5.4010.1052 which I cannot fine. Once I get a hold of them and test, I will report back.
Also, I have been unable to get this device working on a Lenovo T460p on Windows 7. This again may be driver related, but my understanding is that Windows 7 doesn't natively support Fingerprint reading and so separate software is required. PQI doesn't seem to provide this. Again, I will report back with any updates.
UPDATE #2: After getting a hold of the updated driver, the same problems persist. This simply does not work with my Lenovo T460s. Both the internal and external readers are by Synaptics, and they conflict with each other. Try a non-Synaptics/PQI device. FYI Synaptics also supplies the drivers for Kensington as well, so this probably won't work either.
I added three fingers to my profile and so far have not had any issues with it detecting my finger and logging me in. I would suggest scanning at least one finger multiple times (as new fingerprints) and holding the finger in different positions to make sure that the reader never fails to recognize you. The hardware works well so far and if I begin to experience any issues, I'll be sure to return and update my post.
I'm so astonished by this, that sometimes I try to scan a finger that I have not registered (trained it to recognize), just to see if it's working. It appears to be working fine, as every time I scan an "unregistered" finger, it correctly denies access. I even have friends try to scan their fingerprints, and it (correctly) denies them. I can't understand why anyone would give this device less than 5 stars, unless maybe they didn't follow the instructions. For reference, my system is running Windows 10 (64-bit) with all the latest patches.
Overall, this scanner is awesome in all ways and would highly recommend for anyone with Windows Hello compatible computers as this saves you the time of entering password. Also this is turning into a more essential/basic feature with all our favorite phones nowadays coming with a fingerprint reader built-in and getting us used to the concept.
Please feel free to ask me a question about this product.