Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Swim Diaper - Solid Pink 4T
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Color: Pink|Size: 4T (4 yrs / 38-46 lbs)|Change

x-large: 18-24 months 28-33 pounds
xx-large: 24-30 months 33-38 pounds
3T: 36 months 34-41 pounds
4T: 48 months 38-45 pounds

I bought the 3T on others recommendations to buy a size up. Daughter is 30 months/30 pounds and it seems a bit big (it EASILY fits over a regular diaper), at least she can grow into it!
22 comments| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2011
I did order 1 weight category more than my sons current weight because he was right on the edge the diaper fit him great when we got it. as many ppl have already said it is not meant to be absorbent nor is it supposed to hold poo in for long periods while in the water. I put the diaper on my son at the pool right before we enter the water and then change him back to a regular diaper before leaving the pool. My son has not yet pooed in the diaper and hopefully never will but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a second diaper so you can immediately change the diaper after you have a poop one because like it or not the water will start to break the poop down and it will eventually leak.(that will happen with any swim diaper cloth or disposable). I gave this diaper a 4out of 5 instead of a 5 beacuse it would be nice to have detachable side for easier changes. but the price, fit, and functionality are all great.
on June 9, 2013
My son is 2 years old, 36 inches tall and 31lbs. I purchased a diaper from iPlay and it was extremely tight around his legs. So, I was hoping by purchasing a different style or brand, one would fit. Finis worked perfectly. I purchased it in a 4T because the iPlay was a 3T and I was worried it would be too small. The fit is perfect and the diaper is well made. I believe it will last all summer and I plan on purchasing another one today.
on October 14, 2012
When we went for a swimming class at a local kids swimming place they had us buy a swim diaper because our state legally requires babies to wear swim diapers in pools. Well, that's fine. So, over the phone they told me they had swim diapers small enough for my daughter who is 3.5 months old.

Actually, the swim diaper that they sold me was a Finis girls swim diaper in medium, which is meant for 6-12 months. It was much too large, so, I figured I would come online and buy a smaller one. So, that's why we bought this Finis swim diaper in the small size.

I tried it on her and the waist size seems about right, but the leg holes are still way too big. I think we're just going to go ahead and use it anyway, because there are not a lot of options for her tiny size, and hopefully she will just grow into it. The leg holes are supposed to be snug, though, so the fit isn't right for her.

If your baby has chubby legs, it may be the right size for you, though. Our baby is kind of a string bean--she's skinny and very tall.

Apart from our sizing problem, this diaper seems to be quite good. It looks well made, I guess that's what I mean.

The packaging says it is machine-washable, but the actual diaper says to hand wash it. I did machine wash it and nothing bad happened.

For the small swim diaper, the leg hole is 9 inches around (without stretching the elastic) and the waist is 12 inches around (without stretching the elastic). So you would probably want your baby's thighs and waist to be a little bigger around than that, in case you want to measure and see if it will fit. The medium actually seems to have about the same diameters, but there is more fabric. So, the crotch is 2.75 inches across for the small and 3.25 inches across for the medium. From the middle of the back of the waist around the bum, down to the middle of the crotch, the small measures 8.5 inches and the medium measures 9 inches.

I guess small and medium are very close in size.

If you have a skinny baby the leg holes will not be snug. That is all.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2013
The diaper's color and look is true to the picture. But it does run a bit small. My son is 33 lbs. and wearing size 5 diapers. He also currently wears 3T for all clothing and these diapers fit a bit too snug for my liking. We only needed it for a one week vacation so I didn't bother returning it but keep in mind it can run small before purchasing.
on May 20, 2015
Our son is 33lbs in size 3T-4T pull-up training pants. The XXL (in Royal Blue) fits great, an inch higher waisted than his Banz brand swim diaper, but still a great suit! The color hasn't faded, and he's in the YMCA pool everyday for swim lessons. He doesn't like swim trunks, and the iPlay brand rubbed a rash between his thighs. He's had a poop incident, and all the "yucky" was contained. Finis is another family favorite brand!
on July 18, 2014
I taught swimming to hundreds of toddlers for about 10 years and these are the only swim diaper worth buying. Seriously. The disposables are ridiculous, they get so heavy and full, even the "swimmer's." Plus, these are better for the environment.

For my 22 pound daughter the large size fit great. Her legs are pretty slender, definitely not chunky (so if you have a chunky-legged kiddo you might want to size up). I was worried about it being too big but they are nice and snug around the legs.

Love the neon green. They fit nicely underneath my daughter's suit, though I could also just put her in these without a suit on top.
on May 29, 2016
Having used reusable swim diapers (and being a cloth diaper fan in general) with - I was underwhelmed by this one. There's a seam on the inside lining at the crotch near the back that it made it incredibly hard to get the diaper clean if soiled. Took several washing to get all soil out of the seam.
on December 23, 2014
I feel like these fit slightly small. However, they are slim and not noticable when worn under a swimsuit. Luckily, we had no poop accidents, because they are a little tough to take off when they are wet. I fear it would have made a mess. These are still 10 times better than disposable ones and they lasted all season
on April 19, 2015
Perfect on her waist, but leg holes too big. My baby just needs to bulk up a bit. Cute diaper though. Easy to wash!