BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 2, 2017
Perfect fit (and less expensive than buying a new cleaner). I had one of the older designs that had the foam pad in it and that pad had pretty much turned to goo. This kit replaces all of the internal components and now it's as good as new, albeit a little scratched from years of use.
on May 1, 2015
As a brand new cyclist, I used the lube I had for my road bike chain thinking it would work. Well, Tri-Flo is a great product for many applications, but it had my chain into a gunky mess within just a few hours of riding each application. More experienced cycling friends suggested new, better lubes, but I had to get my chain really clean. Enter this product.

Wow! With the included degreaser & a little practice, I had my chain as clean as new. I'd recommend small ring on the front, lest the chain come off from your tension as it did when I started. The directions recommend 3rd smallest in the back & that worked fine. Following the cleaning procedure two times in a row—to get a thorough first time clean—I got the hang of. I don't have a work stand yet, that would help, so it took some practice to get the angle & tension correct, but I got it.

I'll further update if any changes to the product with repetitive use. At this point, I am very pleased with my amazing results.
on August 5, 2017
Used it several times now. Works good and easily helps me clean my bike chain with a minimal amount of messy results. I like the magnet at the bottom to help collect the metal wear particles.
on February 2, 2017
used this on 2 chains using simple green for the degreaser and it cleaned them very well. I slid my hand on the chain afterward and no grease was on it. Then used a good dry lube to keep from getting those nasty black grease marks on legs and pants.
on August 10, 2013
It takes some practice to hold the cleaner and pedal the crank backwards with the other hand. I don't have a bike stand, so I hang the bike from my bike seat post with the front wheel on the floor and the back wheel 18 inches off the ground. After some practice, I am able to hold the cleaner and crank backwards continuously without stopping. I ran out of the cleaner that it came with after the 2nd cleaning. I replaced it with a gallon of Zep Citrus Degreaser from Home Deport. This stuff works great and is inexpensive ($10 a gallon). I usually fill the cleaner twice for each cleaning. I then dry the chain thoroughly and lube it with the lube. My bike shifts so smoothly after a cleaning. I have been cleaning the chain every 100 miles (probably excessive). I ride on a bay trail, SF, so my chain will get a like squeaky after about 100 miles.
I recommend this for anyone who needs to clean their chain. After cleaning the chain, I clean the cleaner on the sidewalk with simple green and an old tooth brush. The brushes and scrapers in the clean are replacable. They should last a while, though.
on August 6, 2017
I found this easy to use, and the people at the bike store were very impressed with how clean my drivetrain was when I had my old chain replaced. I would recommend this product to friends.
on September 19, 2017
The rubber stopper for sealing the device kept coming off allowing the top to pop off. The directions weren't clear about which end would go towards the crank, and the amount of degreaser needed to fill the device to the line seemed to require close to 50% of what came in the kit. In the end after about 30min of frustration, I grabbed an old tooth brush, scrubbed the chain, wiped it down, lubed it and called it good after 3min.

Would not recommend, get a nail brush and do it by hand - much faster!
on June 2, 2014
I have always cleaned chains the old fashioned ways, either lots of rags and solvent on the bike or an off-the-bike soak. if you read the directions and follow them, you shouldn't have any problems and will get good results. I diluted the cleaner 2:1 and it seemed to do a very nice job. I have used this on 2 bikes and had to do some experimentation to get the correct chain play in order to operate smoothly. The unit has a handle but I found it easier and more comfortable to position holding it underhanded directly on the housing.

As the directions recommended, I "pre-cleaned" the chain with a rag prior to using the cleaner so you won't get away with the need for rags. You'll also need clean rags to dry the chain before re-lubing.

This chain cleaner has a more angled exit design than others in order to eliminate dripping. It worked reasonably well. I found only a few drops escaped after cleaning the chains on two bikes. It is a time saver especially compared to cleaning the chain off of the bike so it will probably mean that I'll clean and lube the chains more often.
on January 4, 2017
I have a hub gear, so my bike does not have much slack in the chain and does not require a derailleur. The chain path in this cleaner requires a good amount of slack (which your derailleur can provide on an ordinary bike).

So it works in general, just not for me.
on June 30, 2014
The Finish Line Shop Quality Bicycle Chain Cleaner has been very effective (for me) while trying to maintain a sufficiently clean bicycle chain. The brushes (and magnet) are enclosed in the device which clamps onto the chain for a quick cleaning which can be very efficient (thorough maintenance, yet simpler). There's a few instructions that a beginner will need to learn and understand before success can be achieved. Personally, it took many attempts (sometimes frustrating spills, etc.) until I could get the proper tension for the smooth rolling action of the bristles to complete the cleaning process. Eventually, the user needs to develop a slight downward pull (2" or so) while leveling out the attached cleaner to prevent spills. About a minute of cleaning (then rinse & dry, re-lube) and you're set to ride for awhile. Provides an easier method of maintenance and allows the rider to focus more on cycling. I'm really satisfied with my purchase and I would recommend it to a friend.