BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 20, 2017
Robert is a marvelous storyteller, and his life in journalism is filled with anecdotes and memories of a golden age of newspapers. Characters such as Hunter S. Thompson pop up in his stories. And you also travel along with Robert on marvelous journeys to many of the countries he visited as an award-winning travel writer.
If you've traveled very much at all, you know how valuable a professional guide can be, especially one who not only has inside information but also makes you laugh and look forward to each next day. Such is this guide, who takes you with him both far and wide geographically and through the adventures of his very interesting life. Read this book to learn some fascinating things while having a lot of fun.
on September 15, 2017
A delightful read. Go just about everywhere with the author without ever leaving your chair.
on June 19, 2017
Bob Bone is either one of the biggest liars who ever walked Planet Earth or he’s had one of the most colorful and rewarding lives one could hope to lead as a journalist.

Either way, his memoir, "Fire Bone! A Maverick Guide to a Life in Journalism", takes the reader on a fascinating journey into the worlds of newspaper journalism and travel writing from the mid-20th century to the early 21st when Bone circled the globe pursuing his career and enjoying a myriad of romantic encounters with beautiful and enticing women along the way.

Fire Bone!: A Maverick Guide to a Life in Journalism
on April 22, 2017
Even if I didn't know Bob, I'd write a glowing review of this book. It's a fascinating look at a very interesting life, with lots of humorous anecdotes and thought-provoking things included. Travel the world with Bob and later Bob and Sara. Learn about the life of a Time-Life photo editor, a travel writer, and an all-around great guy, find out some things about Hunter S. Thompson, if you dare. And find out who Harley, David's son is. If Amazon's out of books, place the order and wait for it!
on March 9, 2017
Take a romp through journalistic history--and what fun! Such adventures, Bob Bone gives us a front row seat and a smart telling of world events, large and small. A great read!
on March 6, 2017
Bob Bone has lived several full lifetimes. I very much enjoyed reading this memoir from the person who wrote "The Maverick Guide to Hawaii," a guide book I once used myself. Bob’s command of detail makes my head spin. He has an amazing memory for detail and names, or else he has amazing files--probably both. His story is a little bit of this and a little bit of that, with stories about his friends and loves, his work as a journalist and photographer, and his escapades through the years hanging with the infamous Hunter S. Thompson. Personally, I think the editor who yelled “Fire Bone!” should have been screaming “Hire Bone!”
on February 8, 2017
Bone's delightful ever so slightly askew sense of humor makes reading this memoir a real treat. What a great life, and what fun to travel the world and get paid to do it. This is a totally fun read!
on February 5, 2017
One of the best reasons to write a memoir is to relive and take stock of the author’s own life experiences. The best-lived and most satisfying lives can be retold without bombast, posturings or affectations. Such is the case of the stories told in “Fire Bone.” As the back cover description says, it is an unvarnished account. I first met Bob Bone in 1986, I think. I spent three weeks that fall exploring Hawaii because my then-fiancé, and soon-to-be husband, wanted to move there from Juneau, Alaska. The guide book I used was Bone’s “Maverick Guide to Hawaii.” A journalist myself, I was also checking out prospects for potential employment. When I noticed that his short bio on the back of the book said he worked for the Honolulu Advertiser, I called him to see if he could, or would, give me any insights about job prospects on the island. I no longer recall what he told me regarding job prospects, but I do recall that I immediately noted his warmth and generosity. When we did, indeed, move to Oahu in 1987, Bob and Sara became good friends. This book was great reading, partly because I had never heard most of these stories, but especially because Bob Bone is a skilled, perceptive and no-nonsense writer who is also a deft story-teller. --Vera Benedek
on February 2, 2017
Robert Bone -is- the most interesting man in the world. Just finished a memoir by Charles Kuralt. Bob Bone had at least as interesting a life (was stationed at most of the places Kuralt was), and is a better writer. Bone tells a tale of a great life, well lived. Pick it up. It's worth the price of admission. You're gonna find it fascinating.