Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Fire Emblem: Awakening” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 10% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- IMMERSIVE STORY AND VISUALS:The deep and immersive fantasy storyline is told throughbeautiful 3D visuals and movies.
- DEEP CAST OF CHARACTERS: A massive selection of characters are at your command,withal with a unique personality and background story and different class types and skill sets.
- BONDS GROWN IN BATTLE: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together. Some characters can even get married!
- "9.6 out of 10. Fire Emblem Awakening is the most fluid and stunning strategy RPG experience available on a portable, and features the best storytelling and production value of any 3DS game to date" - IGN
- "4.5 out of 4 (Editor's Choice). The best Nintendo 3DS RPG to date" - Gamesradar
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Fire Emblem: Awakening offers a unique blend of in-battle strategy, vast character customization, and 3-D cinematic graphics that appeal to a wide range of gamers. In this fantasy adventure for the Nintendo 3DS, you have the power to turn the tides of battle in an epic war against a dark dragon. Your fire-breathing foe threatens to destroy the entire empire with help from his armies of the undead. But, with your loyal crew of fighters, you could be the one to stop him for good.
In this game, you’ll join Chrom, brother to Ylisse’s empress and commander of its forces, in a fantasy world teetering on the brink of war. It’s your duty to guide a team of Ylisse’s finest soldiers - knights, mages, archers, and more - against the marauding Plegian bandits. To succeed, you will need to carefully choose the units you take into battle. As you lead your team through battles across maps that span entire kingdoms, your army will grow. Some characters are willing to join you quickly, while others may need more persuasion. Each character earns experience in battle, leveling up and gaining strength and abilities as they do so. It’s up to you to guide their moves, choose their weapons, and direct their attacks.
Create your own customized soldier and join a massive cast of interesting characters who all have their own stories to tell. Heighten your power on the battlefield by strengthening the bonds between your troops and even enlisting a friend of your own. Plus, with StreetPass and SpotPass options, you can access new items, characters, and maps.
- Immersive Story and Visuals: The fantasy storyline is told through 3D visuals and movies.
- Deep Cast of Characters: A large selection of characters is at your command, each with unique personalities and background stories, and different class types and skill sets.
- Downloadable Content: Extensive downloadable content will be available for purchase and will offer opportunities to acquire new maps, new story elements, new playable characters, new classes, and rare items and weapons.
- Customization: Create your own personalized character and fight alongside heroic characters on the battlefield.
- Strengthen Bonds in Battle: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together.
- Local Multiplayer Mode: Team up with your friend and fight against a group of enemies in the local multiplayer mode.
- StreetPass Feature: Exchange your team data and recruit or battle against other players' teams or purchase rare items they might carry.
- SpotPass Feature: Receive new maps, items, and legacy characters to battle against in random battle and local multiplayer mode.
Top Customer Reviews
The game's story expands a multitude of chapters with many amazing characters from different backgrounds. Each of the characters develops and can become romantically involved with another character, granting them bonuses in battle and later on, kids!
The 3D effect is just plain awesome. At first I thought there was dust flying around or something but then I realized it was actually the smoke from the game and every once in a while, bats would fly out! I also love the first person view point in 3D battle. Makes for a trippy experience when using flying units. Superbly done.
Fire Emblem is notable for its strategic, tactical game play. Over the past 12 games, the gameplay was the same and a little stale. However in this new edition, they introduced many interesting and unique additions including "Pair up" and the getting bonuses from adjacent characters! Pairing up beefs up a unit in multiple areas and allows for a chance of dual attacking or blocking (and negating all damage!) of a hit. It also increases support levels and such.
Supports are also returning in this game along with the marriage system. Supports are essentially characters getting closer together the more time they are with other characters. For example having the Main Lord (Chrom) with another female (non relative hopefully) character pairing up or being adjacent for many battles will increase their support levels. As this level increases, eventually the characters will fall in love and get married.
There is DLC in this game but don't get too worked up about it.Read more ›
Originally I didn't get all hyped up when I heard about the new fire emblem game until I discovered KYMG was doing the art! Kozaki Yusuke is a Japanese artist who is well known for doing the art in No More Heroes 1 and 2 one of my favorite series to date. I know a lot of people flipped out over the limited edition art book. Its only a few pages and it's a FREE item so it's nothing amazing. If you are interested in KYMG's art or are a crazy lunatic Fire Emblem fan you can pick up the official art book on Amazon.Jp
The graphics are a mix of the classic FE 8 bit characters and the art headshots when you have them selected. In battles and cut scenes it switches to 3d models much like how FF Crystal Chronicles characters looked (bit annoyed by their feet). In addition to this there are several anime style cut scenes throughout the game as well. So there is quite a mix of graphics throughout the game which is pretty cool.
The support system in this game is quite different.Read more ›
At its core, Awakening is a tough-as-nails SRPG that appeals to the hardcore tactical role playing fan above all others. The stakes are high, the battles are tough, and death is death. This is the way Fire Emblem games have always been. There's no hand-holding. If you make a mistake that costs you the life of one of your most beloved characters, there is no spell or salve that can save them, and the only way to get them back is to restart the game and redo the battle, hopefully with wiser strategy than your previous attempt. Fire Emblem as a series has been around for over twenty years, and in that time, Intelligent Systems has refined and expanded the mechanics to perfection, and this is definitely evident while playing Awakening.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is definitely in my top two favorite video games. As someone who had no prior exposure to the Fire Emblem franchise, this game was a great introduction. Read morePublished 9 hours ago by Robin O Bassett
The case was not sealed and there was no game inside the case even though I ordered a brand new version.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Fantastic game. Great tactical RPG plus romance mechanics. Story is decent too. DLC is pricy so read up before purchasing that.Published 11 days ago by Pvpischke
Overrated game, the gameplay is ok, but the story is just atrocious, and I play games for storyPublished 1 month ago by Lyle
Great untill it lost my interest in the latter half of the game. It's one of those games i've wanted to go back and finish for months but i just cant be bothered to remember who... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Man Friend
When I bought my 3DS, this was the very first game that I had bought. I was completely ignorant of and past Fire Emblems and went straight to Awakening. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Superior
Since zero stars is not an option, one will have to suffice.
The package came in the mail today and to my surprise, when I opened it up, no game.