+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping.Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- IMMERSIVE STORY AND VISUALS:The deep and immersive fantasy storyline is told throughbeautiful 3D visuals and movies.
- DEEP CAST OF CHARACTERS: A massive selection of characters are at your command,withal with a unique personality and background story and different class types and skill sets.
- BONDS GROWN IN BATTLE: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together. Some characters can even get married!
- "9.6 out of 10. Fire Emblem Awakening is the most fluid and stunning strategy RPG experience available on a portable, and features the best storytelling and production value of any 3DS game to date" - IGN
- "4.5 out of 4 (Editor's Choice). The best Nintendo 3DS RPG to date" - Gamesradar
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
In the visually stunning world of the Fire Emblem Awakening game, you command and fight alongside an army of spirited heroes standing against an enemy with the power to destroy empires; a dark dragon whose agents include armies of the undead. Plan your attack, customize your forces, and guide your heroes as you forge alliances that strengthen your resolve in battle and shape the course of history. Lead a team of distinct characters with unique abilities, rich backstories, and evolving relationships that guide the path of your quest. Plan your attack carefully – the lives of your soldiers and the future of the world depends on it.
From the Manufacturer
Fire Emblem: Awakening offers a unique blend of in-battle strategy, vast character customization, and 3-D cinematic graphics that appeal to a wide range of gamers. In this fantasy adventure for the Nintendo 3DS, you have the power to turn the tides of battle in an epic war against a dark dragon. Your fire-breathing foe threatens to destroy the entire empire with help from his armies of the undead. But, with your loyal crew of fighters, you could be the one to stop him for good.
In this game, you’ll join Chrom, brother to Ylisse’s empress and commander of its forces, in a fantasy world teetering on the brink of war. It’s your duty to guide a team of Ylisse’s finest soldiers - knights, mages, archers, and more - against the marauding Plegian bandits. To succeed, you will need to carefully choose the units you take into battle. As you lead your team through battles across maps that span entire kingdoms, your army will grow. Some characters are willing to join you quickly, while others may need more persuasion. Each character earns experience in battle, leveling up and gaining strength and abilities as they do so. It’s up to you to guide their moves, choose their weapons, and direct their attacks.
Create your own customized soldier and join a massive cast of interesting characters who all have their own stories to tell. Heighten your power on the battlefield by strengthening the bonds between your troops and even enlisting a friend of your own. Plus, with StreetPass and SpotPass options, you can access new items, characters, and maps.
- Immersive Story and Visuals: The fantasy storyline is told through 3D visuals and movies.
- Deep Cast of Characters: A large selection of characters is at your command, each with unique personalities and background stories, and different class types and skill sets.
- Downloadable Content: Extensive downloadable content will be available for purchase and will offer opportunities to acquire new maps, new story elements, new playable characters, new classes, and rare items and weapons.
- Customization: Create your own personalized character and fight alongside heroic characters on the battlefield.
- Strengthen Bonds in Battle: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together.
- Local Multiplayer Mode: Team up with your friend and fight against a group of enemies in the local multiplayer mode.
- StreetPass Feature: Exchange your team data and recruit or battle against other players' teams or purchase rare items they might carry.
- SpotPass Feature: Receive new maps, items, and legacy characters to battle against in random battle and local multiplayer mode.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The ability to create and customize your own avatar is nice. But after watching the opening cinematic...can you really trust your avatar? We shall see.
This game looks a lot like the old Sega Genesis Shinning Force series. Maybe this bring to me good old souvenir and this is why I like it so much. The only thing that I do not like is the dialog -- characters talk too much in my opinion. However, the in-game tutorial is great, and the battle become harder and harder which require more thinking before fighting.
This is the second game (after Zelda A Link Between Worlds) that I buy above 35$. So far, it worth it.
1) Engaging and interesting plot
I like how the plot is not romantically centered, though most characters (including yourself) can choose to develop relationships and even marry by building through the support conversations with characters. The plot makes sense (for the most part) and it felt like I was part of this different world. There are supernatural and fantasy elements to the game, so you may have to maintain a suspension of disbelief to really enjoy this. You can also play as either man or woman, which is great - and you can customize them to, with a limited number of selections of hair style, hair and color, height, strength and weakness, and voice.
A small and potentially overlooked gem of the game is its tutorial. I appreciate how well-integrated the tutorial is. This is the very first Fire Emblem game I've played (it's an extensive series that spans almost 3 decades since its inception in 1990), and even I was able to quickly learn and understand the turn-based and almost 'chess-like' strategy format. While there is that specific portion of the game set aside purely for the tutorial, the game also continues to ease you into the complexity of the its different features.
2) Voice acting
I've never really played games in which voice acting was restricted to a limited number of specific phrases for each character, but I was pleasantly surprised by how these same phrases could be used in different nuances based on the situation and context of what the characters are saying in the text box. They are usually used appropriately, so I don't feel awkward or any second-hand embarrassment for the voice actors, and I even laughed a couple times. I certainly believe that the voice acting added another layer of depth to the characters that I did not expect.
You have so many options and approaches you could take with each battlefield you enter. Each character has certain ranges of movement, and points of attack. There are all kinds of different items and weapons that you can use as well.
1) Not open world - each stage of the plot is contained by a specific battlefield
Once the game/story is completed, it's finished. There is no post-story continuation or side stories that you can play. However, your data from the main story gets saved, and you can accumulate more data (usually conversations/marriages with different characters). The movement of the main story is also restricted by the specific battlefields, though there are side story points you play.
2) Slightly complicated
As much as I was able to get into this game, I did have some trouble figuring out all the intricacies of the game. It's amazing and challenging with the numerous options you have in upgrading characters and the different approaches you can have with each battlefield. However, once you get the hang of it, you're all set. I personally enjoyed the challenge.
Overall, the game had a great balance of voice acting, plot, character development, cut scenes, special moves, and strategy. The background music and soundtrack is also bomb.