Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Format: Video Game|Change

on March 21, 2014
I wasn't interested in playing Fire Emblem at first--I had ordered this because my husband wanted to play it. He kept insisting that I try it, so I did. Then he never saw our 3DS again. The end.
66 comments| 360 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 28, 2017
Want to raise your own army of waifus? Then this is the game for you! An importantly part of the game is marrying and pairing the characters, unlocking children units. To clarify, they are not child soldiers and are fully frown up. As the breeder, the player decides which character marries who and so forth. It is optional (mostly), but totally hilarious and a little romantic.

Besides that the gameplay is top notch! I would've been ok with the wife simulator, but I guess the battles just make it better. It's an arms race against evil, as to who can get best waifu. The art and gameplay are just amazing, and the replay value makes it a steal. There's always someone else to marry, thus unlocking more story, etc. Hurry and get this before life passes you by.
on July 21, 2017
This a great intro into the Fire Emblem games on the Nintendo 3DS platform. Fire Emblem was very popular as a Turn Based strategy Role Playing game lon the Game Boy Advanced then later in the Nintendo DS system. This game keeps the same concept, but also adds better graphics and gameplay. The story is really great too. Long time fans who remember the original games on the Nintendo Game Boy Advance will like this game a lot.
on May 7, 2017
I only knew Fire Emblem from Super Smash Brothers. I was interested in the FE franchise but I did not know where to start. I read some really good review for this game so I started with Awakening. I love everything about this game. If you like strategy and tactics, the gameplay is a lot of fun. I particularly liked the permanent deaths; when someone dies you typically cannot play as that character for the remainder of the game. I have heard some criticism about the story. But, I found it interesting and I really loved the characters. Please understand that I have never played an FE game before and I am not overly familiar with anime (I think the game art style would be considered anime). Additionally, the inclusion of animated cutscenes was a welcome surprise. This game is a fun tactical challenge for when you are on the move or at home.
on December 1, 2017
Played 4x toggling between different sexes and marriage settings! Love it! They have definitely put a nice twist from any fire emblem series.
on March 18, 2016
A great game, and the most fun I've had with a tactical RPG since Final Fantasy Tactics. This was my first Fire Emblem game and after this game I'm all-in on the franchise. Fantastic, balanced, slight rock-paper-scissor, gameplay. Each character class is useful in their own way. The addition of permadeath really does add a level of tension to the battles. The graphics are spot-on with the anime style cut scenes and character models. Every design choice appears to be smartly thought through from the maps to the simple option of skipping the fighting sequences and cutscenes (if you're into that sort of thing). The music is solid, nothing too obnoxious, but the voice acting during the stills scenes sometimes gets irritating (think Navi in Ocarina of Time "Hey! Listen!"). Lastly the story is good, good enough at least to have me interested throughout the entirety of the campaign. I would gladly have purchased a 3DS just to experience this game. Buy it!
on January 4, 2016
I'm a twenty-something woman who occasionally plays video games and I absolutely love this game. It's a turn-based strategy game, which is easier for me to catch on to than a platformer or a first-person-shooter game (I kinda suck at both of those). The story is awesome and I love the decision-making capabilities. Played through it once on Casual Mode (your teammates can die and come back) and started again on Classic (when teammates die, they can't come back). Bought a copy for my sister for Christmas and she really likes it. If you're a big gamer but like good stories and maybe even some Anime, this is a great game for you. My husband and brother-in-law also love this game and they're hardcore gamers. Looking forward to Fire Emblem Fates.
on October 26, 2017
I originally played this game in 2014 but recently bought it again after losing it so here's my "scattered thoughts" review.

It brings in elements from many different entries to the series. Marriage and children from Genealogy of the Holy War, being able to navigate an overworld map like in Gaiden.

The level design is mostly of average quality compared to previous entries to the series, it does however have hints of genius sprinkled throughout. Just watch out for angry Norwegians when you get to chapter 16

The character interaction is entertaining and there are some quite genuinely tear jerking moments with plenty of the supports

Speaking of supports, the waifus. Now I'm by no means a weeb or an otaku but I can appreciate a good lookin' waifu and boy are there plenty so listen up weebs. You will love this game if only just for the waifus.

The voice acting (what little there is of it) is mostly up to standard.

Overall this is a fantastic game with an insane amount of replay-ability
Fire Emblem: Awakening
on August 4, 2016
I was very excited when I saw the preview for this game. After buying it I have to say it delivers for the most part. I have been a fan of SRPG games since the days of Military Madness and Master of Monsters. The cinematic opening is beautifully done and does an excellent job of setting up the story line for the game. And a good story line goes a long way to making a good SRPG. There are a wide variety of characters with different abilities and a variety of weapons at their disposal. If you play this game in hard mode you will really need to think about your attack strategy because characters can be killed off, hurting your team's overall strength. It will also take some time to figure out which weapons to use against which foes' weapons. The fighting cinematics are OK, some get a little repetitive but they are still well done and fun to watch. The only detractor for me is a lot of the dialog between the characters in the cut scenes is pointless and I find myself using the "skip" feature. I also would much rather listen to the characters talk than hear grunting and "Huh?", "Hmmm", "Uh-huh", "What?". I have to stop myself from laughing at it.

The ability to create and customize your own avatar is nice. But after watching the opening cinematic...can you really trust your avatar? We shall see.
on April 28, 2014
there's so much to do in this installment of Fire Emblem that I'm not sure you'd ever really run out of things to do!

You can play it on casual and not have to fret over characters that might die on the field, which is nice when you're not looking for a particularly nail-biting experience.

Being able to create your own avatar and act directly in the world is very nice as well, and adds something more to the game. The real fun is working on troops' relationships with one another, as the scenes between them are entertaining to say the least!

You might not like it if you're not much of a strategy rpg kind of person, but from casual gamer to hardcore the game has enough options for everyone.