Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 607 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 815 reviews
on March 21, 2014
I wasn't interested in playing Fire Emblem at first--I had ordered this because my husband wanted to play it. He kept insisting that I try it, so I did. Then he never saw our 3DS again. The end.
55 comments| 324 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2016
This was my first Fire Emblem game since Game boy and I was so impressed and engrossed in the game that it honestly changed my life (gamer wise). I wouldn't have considered myself a huge Fire Emblem fan until I played Awakening because it convinced me to replay the older games I used to love and Fire Emblem really has a place in my heart now.

The characters are loveable and the story is good. Even if there are a few really confusing parts it is one of the best games I've played in a long time. And I still replay it to this day.
on July 28, 2015
I'm a new player to the FE series, and I had no problem hopping into this. Pretty much immediately, I was hooked. The chess-like fighting is fun, and I adore the whole support/relationship system. The writing is excellent, with a lot of very funny and sweet parts in the dialogues. I'm completely hooked on this game and already plan to play it through more times once I'm done with what I quickly started thinking of as my practice game. Being new to it and learning the way the game works, I inadvertently missed out on not only conversations but whole characters because I didn't do things correctly or in the right order. But I don't mind because I look forward to playing it through again.

I'd say this game combines the puzzle-solving/strategy aspect and likable characters with good art of the more realistic-style Zelda games (my favorite game series) with the relationship-building and conversation aspect of Star Wars: The Old Republic (which is one of the few other games I like). I'm not a hard-core gamer. There are a handful of games that I really like and those tend to be enough for me. I've learned that I can tell very early into playing a game if it will be one of those or not. With this game, I could definitely tell right away that I loved this game, and I don't see that feeling going away any time soon.

BTW, I'm not what you'd call a very *good* gamer. I set this on casual, easy mode, pretty much as easy as I can make it, and that's challenging enough for me. If you're new to the series or not a hardcore gamer, I'd recommend doing the same.
on June 29, 2015
I got that game about 1 week ago and I already passed 12 hours on it. I am around the middle of the game. I have a hard time to leave the game. It's not my number one game in the average time on it. I am above 30 years old and I cannot believe that I can pass that much time on a game. I usually play about 3 hours per week but on this one 4x that time yet.

This game looks a lot like the old Sega Genesis Shinning Force series. Maybe this bring to me good old souvenir and this is why I like it so much. The only thing that I do not like is the dialog -- characters talk too much in my opinion. However, the in-game tutorial is great, and the battle become harder and harder which require more thinking before fighting.

This is the second game (after Zelda A Link Between Worlds) that I buy above 35$. So far, it worth it.
on April 28, 2014
there's so much to do in this installment of Fire Emblem that I'm not sure you'd ever really run out of things to do!

You can play it on casual and not have to fret over characters that might die on the field, which is nice when you're not looking for a particularly nail-biting experience.

Being able to create your own avatar and act directly in the world is very nice as well, and adds something more to the game. The real fun is working on troops' relationships with one another, as the scenes between them are entertaining to say the least!

You might not like it if you're not much of a strategy rpg kind of person, but from casual gamer to hardcore the game has enough options for everyone.
on August 28, 2014
Holy God, this is one of my favorite and most played games. Right behind Pokemon Y (and only because of breeding) this game clocks in at one of my favorites. If I had to go live in a cave for 5 years with only two games, FEA would undoubtedly be one of them.

To talk about the game, there are a crap ton of little improvements. But one of the things that really pops out at me (quite literally actually) are the gorgeous 3D sprites. I'd been waiting since Radiant Dawn to get another Fire Emblem console game, but this kind of takes away that need (although don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a console version on the Wii U) with the gorgeous graphics. The other main thing I'd like to point out in this, are the support conversations, they're absolutely hilarious. Sometimes I'll replay the game just to watch the support conversations again. While the plot is a bit dry (at least in comparison to Radiant Dawn, my favorite), the support conversations make up for it in a tremendous way. And on a similar note, the DLC is hilarious as well. While it is in no way mandatory to get the DLC to have a good time, it really adds to the post-game experience, and I would highly recommend it to people considering it.

One final thing I'd like to say, is that Spotpass is awesome. I love occasionally turning on my 3DS to find a new team on the map to fight, and recruit their leader (assuming I win). It's an awesome random element that was just added, and Intelligent Systems really deserves a thumbs up for it.

All in all, you should definitely get this game.
on October 10, 2015
I freaking love Fire Emblem. This game got me re-addicted to the series. I played the GBA versions years ago, but have abandoned the franchise since. But then, I compulsively ordered this game to see what the new Fire Emblem is like.
Seriously, I had a normal life, and now I basically live on the Fire Emblem reddit page and Facebook group. It's so good.

This game is really fun, just give it a try! Newcomers to the series will love it, too. The difficulty is totally adjustable, so you can make this game anything from a slightly interactive movie/dating simulator to a brutal tactical game of strategy.

You need this in your life.
on March 18, 2016
A great game, and the most fun I've had with a tactical RPG since Final Fantasy Tactics. This was my first Fire Emblem game and after this game I'm all-in on the franchise. Fantastic, balanced, slight rock-paper-scissor, gameplay. Each character class is useful in their own way. The addition of permadeath really does add a level of tension to the battles. The graphics are spot-on with the anime style cut scenes and character models. Every design choice appears to be smartly thought through from the maps to the simple option of skipping the fighting sequences and cutscenes (if you're into that sort of thing). The music is solid, nothing too obnoxious, but the voice acting during the stills scenes sometimes gets irritating (think Navi in Ocarina of Time "Hey! Listen!"). Lastly the story is good, good enough at least to have me interested throughout the entirety of the campaign. I would gladly have purchased a 3DS just to experience this game. Buy it!
on December 24, 2013
I got a 3DS for A Link Between Worlds, which finally broke my resolve and convinced me to upgrade from my DS Lite. However, I bought my 3DS when the game was announced because it was on sale, not when the game was released. Pokemon X was alright, but I've never been a huge fan of the series. This game, however, made a fire emblem fan.

It's a big step up from the older games from what I can understand, and as a newcomer I can say I absolutely love it. I've played through the main campaign multiple times now and appreciate that the DLC feels fair and the game itself is jam-packed with things to do.

Of course, those things wouldn't matter if they were boring, but they aren't. They're fantastic. If you enjoy strategy games, or heck, forging relationships between characters at your command, then this game is for you. Really, if you own a 3DS, this game is probably for you. It's friendly to those unfamiliar with the series but has a wonderful story that's all its own, fantastic mechanics, and lovable characters.

The 3D isn't really necessary but the 3D cut scenes are really cool and worth sliding up that little slider if you can, though they look fine in 2D too.

Really though, this game opened my eyes to potential awesomeness the 3DS can hold.
on April 19, 2014
This is just a great strategy game with a heavy story/RPG focus. You could sink hours into it. Not just to raise and build your army, but if you want like a little dating/breeding sim action, there is that too.The ability to set difficulty level is great. You could want a casual gameplay experience or get hard core action.

The only gripe I have is with the map/zooming - I prefer the older 2D styles that makes everything clear and neat to see. With this one, I have to constantly zoom out to see an overview of the battle field, and then zoom back in again. But once you are zoomed back in, there may be reinforcements and such and you would forget about them until enemy turn... Progress they call this.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.