Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Format: Video Game|Change

on March 21, 2014
I wasn't interested in playing Fire Emblem at first--I had ordered this because my husband wanted to play it. He kept insisting that I try it, so I did. Then he never saw our 3DS again. The end.
55 comments| 349 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2017
This a great intro into the Fire Emblem games on the Nintendo 3DS platform. Fire Emblem was very popular as a Turn Based strategy Role Playing game lon the Game Boy Advanced then later in the Nintendo DS system. This game keeps the same concept, but also adds better graphics and gameplay. The story is really great too. Long time fans who remember the original games on the Nintendo Game Boy Advance will like this game a lot.
on January 4, 2016
I'm a twenty-something woman who occasionally plays video games and I absolutely love this game. It's a turn-based strategy game, which is easier for me to catch on to than a platformer or a first-person-shooter game (I kinda suck at both of those). The story is awesome and I love the decision-making capabilities. Played through it once on Casual Mode (your teammates can die and come back) and started again on Classic (when teammates die, they can't come back). Bought a copy for my sister for Christmas and she really likes it. If you're a big gamer but like good stories and maybe even some Anime, this is a great game for you. My husband and brother-in-law also love this game and they're hardcore gamers. Looking forward to Fire Emblem Fates.
on October 26, 2017
I originally played this game in 2014 but recently bought it again after losing it so here's my "scattered thoughts" review.

It brings in elements from many different entries to the series. Marriage and children from Genealogy of the Holy War, being able to navigate an overworld map like in Gaiden.

The level design is mostly of average quality compared to previous entries to the series, it does however have hints of genius sprinkled throughout. Just watch out for angry Norwegians when you get to chapter 16

The character interaction is entertaining and there are some quite genuinely tear jerking moments with plenty of the supports

Speaking of supports, the waifus. Now I'm by no means a weeb or an otaku but I can appreciate a good lookin' waifu and boy are there plenty so listen up weebs. You will love this game if only just for the waifus.

The voice acting (what little there is of it) is mostly up to standard.

Overall this is a fantastic game with an insane amount of replay-ability
Fire Emblem: Awakening
on March 10, 2013
Fire Emblem is my all time favorite handheld game. After Sacred Stones I played the console versions and was not very impressed, they stopped bringing much to the table except the same stuff different story. This was also unfortunately the case with Shadow Dragon.

I took a leap of faith with awakening after reading so much about it. I was not disappointed.

This game is everything I have been waiting for in this series. There is so much depth and so much replayabilty it is not even funny. I have easily 50+ hours on it and am just slowing down now so I don't get sick of it.

It reused Shadow Dragons reclassing system in a much more useful way.

The 3D works so naturally with the game and looks AMAZING.

The story is fantastic and the game has truly evolved, if future installments in the series evolve like this has, the games will really flourish and we will continue to see truly great games. Handheld nonetheless.

Whether you're a fan of the series or not, jump into awakening, the game is accessible with no series prior knowledge except knowing who Marth is. (most people do from smash bros at least anyways)

Fan or not, I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an amazing 3DS game with AMAZING 3D.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 22, 2014
First time playing the Fire Emblem series. The reviews did not lie, this is one of the best game that I've played. Was a bit iffy on purchasing an old game, but after reading through the reviews and watching some game-play video online. I decided to give it a shot and this game did not disappoint at all.

The story is not as bad as some review indicates, the turn base strategy is interesting. I would recommended anyone who is playing this game for the very first time (like me) to go through it at least once on the classic mode. I really enjoy the game with the punishment system.

After I beat the game, I would def go back and play it again in casual mode and try to play around with different characters.

Would recommend this game to anyone, 10 stars if I could give it 10!
on November 16, 2016
Been greatly enjoying the game so far, as I haven't had a chance to play fire emblem in years. Read many reviews about this particular game versus the newer version, and happy that i chose this one. The plot is pretty fun, and has its moments that can be somewhat surprising.
on March 20, 2013
I played the demo on the 3DS before it was released and was happy to see there were portions of the beginning the demo hadn't spoiled. This game is everything you love about Fire Emblem all in one package... and with nice visuals to boot.

The biggest complaint I have with the game is the weird way everyone's feet look... they are all presumably wearing shoes / boots of some kind, but all of the character models feet taper off and almost look like the are sticking into the world geometry. After a while you eventually get used to it... but it's a weird effect and not sure why they modeled the characters that way. Doesn't take away from the game at all... just weird.

The only other negative would be how short supply the game seems to be in. I wasn't in a huge rush to get it but it still took a while to receive even though I preordered it. It still shows 2 weeks out from Amazon. Is Nintendo only making 100 copies of this game a week?
on July 5, 2013
I have played some Fire Emblems games before mainly the ones on the GBA and Ibought this expecting the same but i was wrong it's so much better. For one the pairing up system adds a new way to play by allowing you to put two units together and build up their bond to each other making them more effective as a team during battle and if you pair up a male unit with a female unit and reach the highest bond level they become married and can have a kid which can be used in battles and paired up with other units to make them stronger in battle. The gameplay is basicly the same as previous entries in the franchise you have your units on one side and the enemy on the other side or completely surrounding you the only difference now is that depending on the difficulty you choose ( Casual, Normal, Hard) your units can be still be used even if they fall in battle or if you choose normal difficulty they are gone for ever if they die during battle.Graphics are in 2D most of the time only switching to 3D when the attack animation takes place which look pretty good by the way. This game has ton of replayability, if you choose to play through the story again just to pair up the units with others or the wealth of DLC available you can meet Characters from the past Fire Emblem games and have them join your army. Definitely one of the best games released on 3DS and this year, It's one of the BEST GAMES EVER MADE !!!!!!! play it you won't be dissapointed.
on June 23, 2015
This game is simply amazing. The campaign on normal mode, with the classic setting, took rounded 22 hours to complete doing the green side missions as well for me. I played a fire emblem when I was younger, had Ike in it, and when I saw this game I knew I had to get it. I'm a big fan of strategy games and this game is great for me. On classic setting choices actually count so I found myself sad quite a few times throughout the game because the story line is just great and I would lose units to permadeath. Units do well in a pairing system and some units make friendships with each other as they fight throughout the game. Some even get married and their stat sharing is increased tremendously. I had to say that this was definitely worth the money spent for me and also made me only want to use fire emblem characters in super smash bros.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.