- File Size: 1608 KB
- Print Length: 232 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: June 15, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072M513VP
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#292,566 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #95 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Values & Virtues
- #190 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Self-Esteem
- #197 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $6.00 (60%)
Fire Magic (Abnormals Underground #2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Once again, we follow our favorite vampire, Alyssa, as she and her battle partner Xavier work to save the Abnormals of Cumberland from the Demon Mayor's evil plots. I love that in this world, vampires (and other non-humans) aren't a secret that must be protected, and they aren't revered or more superior to the humans. Rather, many of them wish they could pretend to be Normals, as they are constantly persecuted, feared, and hated. It's a new twist on the vampire genre, where vampires aren't always these affluent members of society who have accumulated wealth over the years. They are hunted, weak and vulnerable during the day, and the humans have weapons that can defeat them.
The characters are very well developed. We met them in the previous book, and get to know them even better in this novel. We learn a bit more about Xavier's family and his history, including his relationships to other Abnormals in the Underground. The entire story is told in the first person, from Alyssa's point of view. The villains are easy to hate. At the same time, Alyssa is learning more about her powers and what it means that she is the "Dark Pentagram." We learn more about the history of the world, and where her power comes from.
This book doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but it also is very obvious that the story continues. It feels like a complete episode, but there's a lot more you want to know about the future. It leaves you wanting more without leaving you frustrated. The good news is that with Holly Hook, there's usually a new book release on the 15th of each month, so you won't have long to wait.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this novel.
The storyline for this book pretty much starts where the first book ended. I really do love the style of this authors writing, its so approachable and real that it feels like you are actually living it, not just reading it. She is able to tap into our imagination and make it become alive, I love the passion that she obviously writes with!
One of the other things that I really enjoyed reading about this book was the character interaction and how we as the reader really begin to see who they really are inside and what motivates them. It is really enjoyable watching them try to figure out the dynamics of their relationship.
I adored this book and I can't recommend it highly enough, readers need to get this series and read this authors other books!!!
We see the growing relationship between Alyssa and Xavier. I really enjoyed that.
Alyssa and Xavier make a deal with the devil, and I'm anxious to see how that plays out.
They end up in Turkey, trying to find the place where the Dark Council meets. They feel that's where the body will be. And there's an epic confrontation, live-threatening stakes, and...it's just awesome!
My only issue is that there is much to be done, and some things left hanging at the end. Obviously, it's for book 3, but it felt very abrupt. But all in all, a great book and a good addition to the series.
I was given a free copy of this book for an exchange for an honest review.
This is a very interesting and full on book as Alyssa and Xavier get drawn into saving the Abnormal community from the clutches of Demon Theroux who runs the town.
Holly is still on an absolute roll with this new series. I may be a little bias as it's one of my favourite genres. But the twists and turns, the angst and teen sexual tension along with an original and action packed story would make it an enjoyable read for most.
I voluntarily reviewed this advanced reader copy and I have not been compensated in any way.
When the body of an elder war mage suddenly vanishes at his funeral, all hell breaks loose... well, it could. We travel to ancient ruins in Turkey with Alyssa and Xavier to retrieve the body before the demons can use the magic to end the world as we know it.
Full of exciting twists and turns, humor and action, and even more confusing teenage emotions. Wonderful addition to this series that promises more to come.
* I recieved a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Self-Esteem & Self-Respect
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Self Esteem & Reliance
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Values & Virtues
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Self-Esteem & Self-Respect
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Self-Esteem
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Values & Virtues