Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

Fire from the Rock
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 16, 2017
Got this book to accompany my Goddaughter to her middle school Literacy night! I think I enjoyed it as much as the middle schoolers. This will definitely be one that I will pass along to some other youngster!
on February 8, 2018
Painful history.
on October 26, 2017
My 12 yr old had to read this for English class. Great book! Enjoyed reading with her.
on January 20, 2016
If everyone read this book, the world would be a little better
on November 13, 2011
Sharon Draper does an excellent job with "Fire from the Rock" depicting the horrifying times of Civil Rights. Sylvia has the opportunity to integrate Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas which is both exhilarating and frightening at the same time. We follow her internal struggle throughout the entire novel. Draper does an excellent job teaching the history of that era and this would be an excellent novel to expose to students. I would definitely use this novel in the classroom for middle school students and high school students.
on May 25, 2017
Well written
on July 6, 2015
I was hoping for more history and less silly adolescent talk so I could use this novel in a Common Core Historical Fiction unit for 8th grade language arts. I'll keep looking.
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 18, 2014
excellent.
on November 12, 2013
This book shares a wonderful story of the segregation in Little Rock in the 1950s. Take a chance on this book and you will be swept away by the plot.
on April 3, 2016
Another good book from you. Thank you.